Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Different redemption availability between website and app

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2021, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

I normally search for redemption availability and book via the Marriott app. Recently I tried the website instead and notice for redemptions, more than just the lowest category rooms are made available, albeit at a rate that requires points with extra cash supplement. But these aren not shown on the app. Is it normal? For both website and app, I would select MB points as one of the search functions.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 7:20 pm

Programs: Yes
Are you also logged in on the website? If I recall
some others reported seeing different data if logged or not logged in.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

App = logged in, can't see cash + points and rooms beyond lowest category.
Website = not logged in, can see cash + points and rooms beyond lowest category.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 8:26 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
App = logged in, can't see cash + points and rooms beyond lowest category.
Website = not logged in, can see cash + points and rooms beyond lowest category.
Are you sure thats not phantom availability, you may want to call up and check its real?
Old Jan 6, 2021, 9:07 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
There are often discrepancies between the website and app. I often find that cash + points rates that show on the site for me don't show in the app.

I also know of a specific property that I won't name where the website will often say there are no award bookings available due to some kind of glitch, but the app shows them.

There are also display discrepancies in the list of properties. For example, if you search for a hotel in NYC for June 30 and look at the Renaissance New York Midtown, on the app it's going to show a rate of 157 USD, while the website shows 234 USD. There is an elite exclusive rate there that the website, for whatever reason, is not capable of grabbing and displaying, so if you're someone scanning rates on the website instead of the app you're going to miss out on this rate.

Similarly, JW Marriott Singapore on June 30. I see C+P on the website, on the app there's only points rates. The app also only shows up to the Premier twin room, while the site has points + cash upgrade rates all the way to suites.
SPN Lifer and 360guy like this.

Last edited by nexusCFX; Jan 6, 2021 at 9:16 pm
Old Jan 6, 2021, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
So the moral of the story is to check both.

Bonv°y!
Old Jan 6, 2021, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Are you sure thats not phantom availability, you may want to call up and check its real?
Nope. Perfectly bookable!
Old Jan 6, 2021, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
There are also display discrepancies in the list of properties. For example, if you search for a hotel in NYC for June 30 and look at the Renaissance New York Midtown, on the app it's going to show a rate of 157 USD, while the website shows 234 USD. There is an elite exclusive rate there that the website, for whatever reason, is not capable of grabbing and displaying, so if you're someone scanning rates on the website instead of the app you're going to miss out on this rate.
Wow, wouldn’t this be prime opportunity to make Marriott bleed BRG then?
Old Jan 7, 2021, 12:52 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Wow, wouldn’t this be prime opportunity to make Marriott bleed BRG then?
No. The rate is still available if you click into the hotel. It just doesn't show in the list of hotel results, i.e. what it claims is the lowest rate for that hotel is way higher than the actual lowest rate if you clicked in. So if you're scanning through the list of properties in NYC trying to find a good price, you won't even see it.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 3:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
I'm seeing similar discrepancies as OP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.