Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Melodsal
Hotel email: [email protected]
Club lounge email: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]

Hat tip to: elephentravels

"For platinum members, there's a weekly management cocktail on wednesdays, drinks (wine, beer, mojito, hard liquor) and some pretty good amuse bouche provided. It seems that only a few of the platinum members will receive the "invite", but if anyone is there on wednesday nights, try your luck at the club lounge to RSVP for the event."
Print Wikipost

Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by escape4
Maybe I am getting my facts mixed up, but I thought Le Meridien was the same owner as Athenee, not MM. Or is it same owner for all 3?
The Athenee, Le Meridien Bandkok, Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park and Bangkok Marriott Surawongse are belong to a Thai Tycoon named Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi.

He also owns Marriott Hua Hin Resort.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
The Athenee, Le Meridien Bandkok, Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park and Bangkok Marriott Surawongse are belong to a Thai Tycoon named Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi.

He also owns Marriott Hua Hin Resort.
And the Le Meridien Chiang Mai, the Sheraton Samui, the Vana Belle in Koh Samui, plus the W Bangkok (fully or partially through one of his companies).
And many other hotels not managed by Marriott.
And several properties outside of Thailand.
And more to come in the next few years.
And I might have forgotten a few.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 10:20 am

Finally got around to staying here. Pre-upgrade to M suite about a week before arrival. Your24 honoured ( important on this occasion because it was an early arrival from Europe), very smooth downstairs checkin ( preferred because my room was in the North Tower, Lounge is in the south).
Great accommodation , separate bedroom, living area, large dining table, separate kitchen, 2 office/work areas, 1 full plus 1/2 bath. It’s a bit like a cross between the GH and the IC in respect of the suite. Pretty great for a couple , including with kids.
Lounge. It’s ok, probably great for those who like a drink or those with kids ( or both). There is something for everyone’s taste ( although in respect of the cheese, apropos an earlier discussion, I thought it pretty poor...so maybe that’s changed). Maybe not the best behaved lounge crowd I’ve seen, but the staff were great.
Entry via the park from the BTS is easy; there is a lift at exit 6 to go straight down to the park entrance, 5 minutes from there (as per the Kalboz photo).
Overall: great option when rates are ok. Thanks to Kalboz and others for the reviews, without these I wouldn’t have considered this an option.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 12:57 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by paolo64
Finally got around to staying here. Pre-upgrade to M suite about a week before arrival. Your24 honoured ( important on this occasion because it was an early arrival from Europe), very smooth downstairs checkin ( preferred because my room was in the North Tower, Lounge is in the south).
Great accommodation , separate bedroom, living area, large dining table, separate kitchen, 2 office/work areas, 1 full plus 1/2 bath. It’s a bit like a cross between the GH and the IC in respect of the suite. Pretty great for a couple , including with kids.
Lounge. It’s ok, probably great for those who like a drink or those with kids ( or both). There is something for everyone’s taste ( although in respect of the cheese, apropos an earlier discussion, I thought it pretty poor...so maybe that’s changed). Maybe not the best behaved lounge crowd I’ve seen, but the staff were great.
Entry via the park from the BTS is easy; there is a lift at exit 6 to go straight down to the park entrance, 5 minutes from there (as per the Kalboz photo).
Overall: great option when rates are ok. Thanks to Kalboz and others for the reviews, without these I wouldn’t have considered this an option.
AFAIK kids aren't allowed in the lounge as soon as HH starts.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by helvetic
AFAIK kids aren't allowed in the lounge as soon as HH starts.
Oh, ok. There were lots of kids when I was there during evening happy hour. I only stayed about 15 minutes, it was a bit too busy for me.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:47 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Oh, ok. There were lots of kids when I was there during evening happy hour. I only stayed about 15 minutes, it was a bit too busy for me.
Kids are allowed in the lounge so long as they behave (not a play ground).
Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Kids are allowed in the lounge so long as they behave (not a play ground).
OK, when I was there all the kids seemed pretty well behaved.
BTW, the breakfast benefit only seemed to apply in the lounge...up charge for the buffet at Goji was 950 Baht, ie about USD 30. It would want to be the world’s best buffet if that’s the extra charge above the standard lounge. I didn’t take it.
Really good hotel, though.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
OK, when I was there all the kids seemed pretty well behaved.
BTW, the breakfast benefit only seemed to apply in the lounge...up charge for the buffet at Goji was 950 Baht, ie about USD 30. It would want to be the world’s best buffet if that’s the extra charge above the standard lounge. I didn’t take it.
Really good hotel, though.
Goji breakfast is great and, if you look beyond the tour crowds, it's the best breakfast we have had at any property in Thailand variety and quality wise, right there with the Vue breakfast at the St. Regis. But I wouldn't pay 950 Baht per person for this or any other breakfast - unless, it includes (real) champagne and lobster in a brunch setting! In addition to the Asian selections, their breads are very delicious and the waffle/pancake section has 3 different ice cream flavors every day.

Thai & Indian food at Goji breakfast.

Panna Cotta with waffles, almonds, and banana sauce
Old Apr 15, 2019, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
When I was there benefits did not include Goji breakfast UNLESS you had children - then you could access Goji during certain hours (?7-9) as they are not allowed in the lounge. So I as a single person felt discriminated against
Old Apr 15, 2019, 6:10 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Goji breakfast was good, and I thought it had great breadth but bad service and just ok quality. I far preferred breakfast at the LM or Surawongse or StR
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
I was offered the breakfast at Goji as a benefit when I was by myself, but I disliked the 'factory restaurant' type of atmosphere (it ain't no Rossini's breakfast).

There is plenty of food - I was not impressed by it (by Bangkok standard), but overall it was fairly good.

I can't remember the last time I had waffles, but Kalboz "Panna Cotta with waffles, almonds, and banana sauce" picture looks very tempting.
drron likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by UASPG
I was offered the breakfast at Goji as a benefit when I was by myself, but I disliked the 'factory restaurant' type of atmosphere (it ain't no Rossini's breakfast).

There is plenty of food - I was not impressed by it (by Bangkok standard), but overall it was fairly good.

I can't remember the last time I had waffles, but Kalboz "Panna Cotta with waffles, almonds, and banana sauce" picture looks very tempting.
Interesting as I was told "no way" (politely) when I asked (as a Titanium)
Old Apr 16, 2019, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by estnet
Same for me. I would have taken the Goji breakfast in lieu of the 1000 points but they were clear that it was the lounge or an up charge of 950 or so Baht.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:32 am

I did not ask for it and did not even know that it was a possibility. Maybe, it was because the lounge was crowed during my last stay.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:53 am

When I was there benefits did not include Goji breakfast UNLESS you had children - then you could access Goji during certain hours (?7-9) as they are not allowed in the lounge. So I as a single person felt discriminated against
We do have and travel with our 2 kids but we go to breakfast around 10 AM (unless we have plans) and we usually one of the last tables to leave.

As said, if you can look beyond the sometimes annoying tour groups, this could be a culinary experience. In January, they set up a parallel buffet for the South Asian tours in an adjacent space. I still frequented that buffet because I love Indian food.

Tranquil breakfast with kids at Goji

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.