Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Melodsal
Hotel email: [email protected]
Club lounge email: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]

Hat tip to: elephentravels

"For platinum members, there's a weekly management cocktail on wednesdays, drinks (wine, beer, mojito, hard liquor) and some pretty good amuse bouche provided. It seems that only a few of the platinum members will receive the "invite", but if anyone is there on wednesday nights, try your luck at the club lounge to RSVP for the event."
Print Wikipost

Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:28 am

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I just completed a trip that included 3 nights in a Grand Marquis Suite. The room is four "room units" in size and includes an extra bathroom, a kitchen with nearly full-sized fridge and its own door to the hallway, a dining room table, extra large bedroom and bathroom with additional luggage storage, ... (Note: standard room = 1 unit, M Suite = 2 units, Garden Suite [not bookable yet, but I have seen 2 of them in person] = 3 units).

It was fantastic of course but I am not sure it's worth it for just two people. I paid about 4x the cost of a deluxe room; there is apparently no way to be upgraded into a Grand Marquis Suite (i.e. booking an M Suite will not result in an upgrade). That's fair, as the hotel is certainly generous with its platinum members already and I have no complaints (100% upgrade rate over many stays so far).
Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, United Silver
Originally Posted by tai4de2
as the hotel is certainly generous with its platinum members already and I have no complaints (100% upgrade rate over many stays so far).
I have stayed multiple times as a GM, but January will be my first stay as Plat. My only upgrades have been to a higher floor (usually the same floor as the lounge). I'm curious what I should expect for upgrades as a Plat.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:58 am

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I have booked the lowest category of room and been upgraded to an M Suite — Every Single Time over the past year or so.
happygolucky_nomad and LF72 like this.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by tai4de2
I have booked the lowest category of room and been upgraded to an M Suite — Every Single Time over the past year or so.
How many nights were you staying?
Old Dec 23, 2017, 5:17 pm
alc

stay here recently on a 7-night cert and got upgrade to M Suite as well.

Overall, the stay was good. but I do find the staffs that service our room or the public area are not doing a good job. On the day of arrival, I noticed there is a piece of cookie on the floor at the elevator area and that cookie was still there when I check-out. In the room, similar situation where we see certain garbage near the front door that was already in the room when I check-in and still there on the day we check-out. Table in our room was not clean either.

But again overall, the say was good and we will stay here again if we ever go back to BKK.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by imverge
How many nights were you staying?
Ranged from 3 to 11 nights.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 2:08 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Booked a room on 7-night certificate and a second paying Baht 4,250++ per night also for 7 nights. Upgraded for both to suites with full benefits for all 5 occupants, 3 adults and 2 children.
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Be careful using the escalator/path to the park. At the bottom is a 4 inch step down that is quite difficult to see in darkness of the evening hours. I took a stumble that propelled me to fall and land on my face on the pavement there last night. There should really be a ramp or some better lighting provided to ensure better safety.
Great place for an stroll in the pleasant weather.
It is always amazing to watch the young Thai guys playing Takraw in the evenings. Incredible.
happygolucky_nomad likes this.

Last edited by Paiteaw; Jan 3, 2018 at 11:09 pm
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:38 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Paiteaw
Be careful using the escalator/path to the park. At the bottom is a 4 inch step down that is quite difficult to see in darkness of the evening hours. I took a stumble that propelled me land on my face on the pavement there last night. There should really be a ramp or some better lighting provide to ensure better safety.
Sorry to hear about your accident - I hope you are okay now. This should be reported immediately to management for repairs or better lighting.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:45 pm

Was invited last night for an opening social on the top 37th floor (on the M-lounge side). The views are amazing, the food and libations were just as excellent, and the staff very accommodating. The food was provided by Akira which is Japanese/Korean fusion food restaurant on the 37th floor. We had the Tuna Pizza, Lamb Kabobs, Beef Tacos, and another shrimp tester. All tested scrumptious and the signature drinks were refreshing. I am not able to cut & paste photos here on this lounge compute, but you can check our photos here:

Flickr.com/kalboz

Last edited by Kalboz; Jan 4, 2018 at 11:07 pm
Old Jan 6, 2018, 5:35 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
I'll add to the overall praise for this hotel. Staying here now using my Fall Megabonus free night cert - (AAA rate was 5,000 THB++ for tonight) - and this place rocks.

Plat upgrade to a suite in the North Tower. Originally I thought this was not the most desirable location but the North Tower elevators are the closest to the approach from Sukhumvit.

M Lounge offered an afternoon tea set menu which consisted of two mini-scones with clotted cream/blueberry jam, salmon finger sandwich, pumpkin bread, and beverages.

Facilities are in excellent condition, service has been terrific, looking forward to breakfast tomorrow morning. Added bonus: it's within 3 minutes walk of one of my favorite hangouts, the No Idea gastropub.

An excellent use of my free night cert. For those who have commented that it's "too far" down Soi 22....it's between 5-10 minutes walk for me and that's not taking the park "shortcut".

Recommended, definitely.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the updates. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Accor Gold, Star Alliance Silver
Did not get upgraded because m-suite were not available.
South tower is definitely to go for the room. Lounge and fitness centre are in the South side. It would be much more convenient for access. Another thing to point out is that the sun direct to your room during morning and evening if you stay at North. Always recommend South. We had been in a North room but asked to move to South room.
Service was considered to be poor during afternoon tea. It was not clear. We had to ask for the set menu. It was served not you took it by your own.
However, the breakfast and evening time had better service.
The park shortcut only open during times stated. I think it closed start at either 9 or 10pm.
Chat service considered to be ok. I expect much faster response though. 5 to 10 minutes considered slightly longer than I expected.
Room considered excellent especially the bed which makes you having a good nice sleep.
Yes, indeed I agree it is a good option for staying by using free certificates.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
For those who have commented that it's "too far" down Soi 22....it's between 5-10 minutes walk for me and that's not taking the park "shortcut".
You must walk faster than me. Google says it's a 1km walk. To do it in five minutes would put you at 12 km/hr. Ten would put you at 6 km/hr, which would be more realistic, but would only be possible if there weren't narrow sidewalks cluttered with carts and parked scooters on a heavily trafficked street. The Ren, Soi 57 and JW are within a minute of the BTS (maybe not the JW). If you go back and forth to the hotel three times a day, using the ten minute walk time you are spending an hour walking back and forth. At the Ren or Soi 57, you will have spent maybe six minutes. I've got better things to do with an hour than dodge impediments on a crowded sidewalk. Plus getting a cab to go down Soi 22 anytime from within an hour of rush hour is more difficult than getting one at the properties closer to Sukhumvit. I've actually had the same issue at the CY using Grab.

Agreed, it's a great hotel, but you and I will have to disagree on its convenience for transportation.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 9:58 am

Going to Bangkok in February. Right now I'm booked for a five night stay in the JW. Based on these recent postings, I may change. Thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.