Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Melodsal
Hotel email: [email protected]
Club lounge email: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]

Hat tip to: elephentravels

"For platinum members, there's a weekly management cocktail on wednesdays, drinks (wine, beer, mojito, hard liquor) and some pretty good amuse bouche provided. It seems that only a few of the platinum members will receive the "invite", but if anyone is there on wednesday nights, try your luck at the club lounge to RSVP for the event."
Print Wikipost

Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: free agent
yeah, def want to keep hotel out of picture for hotel ride arrangement. My experiences in Bangkok shows that most taxi drivers don't really speak english so I like to have thai address ready if they need to take a look or even call hotel for direction. Thankfully, sukhumvit does show up on Google Translate if I really need to use it.

Ideally, I would like to use grab or uber but it's sometime difficult to use it in airport due to sheer size and have to look for driver so catch a taxi is far easier, cheers.

Originally Posted by CJKatl
You really do not want to arrange a cab with the hotel for a ride from the airport. There are so many cabs and ride services available from the airport. There is no reason to get a hotel involved and likely pay an extra cut. Not to mention if you are having to go through Immigration at DMK can add anywhere from five minutes to four hours to your pick-up time. Likely a hour but it is unpredictable.

The FT Thai travel forum has a thread that gives information for getting a taxi and one about DMK. Both are on the first page, towards the top.

Including the 50THB pickup fee a taxi should be about 330THB. (~$10.50 USD)
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by washeelers747
Any chance if anyone have email for concierge department (or front-desk department) so I can get thai address for taxi driver. Also, any datapoint on metered taxi fare from DMK-this hotel will be much appreciated, thanks
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...l#post27764298
Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
I don't know Thai at all but it looks like the note in your link has the Soi 22 as well. I found that important. Both at the CY and the Queen's Park property, my taxi driver wasn't familiar with the hotel. For the CY, I provided the phone number and he called to get directions. For the QP, the driver spoke enough English for me to say it's at Soi 22 and Sukhumvit and he said "OK no problem" and found it fine.

So a thought for anyone that has their hotel write a note like this one, perhaps make sure they include at least the nearest cross streets or something too.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by JBord
For the CY, I provided the phone number and he called to get directions.
Years ago, before mobile phones and GPS, I had a similar issue with the CY. The driver ultimately pulled into another hotel for directions. Once we finally got to the CY, the driver nicely said in the future I should tell the driver "Soi Mahadlekluang" or "Soi Mahadlekluang 1" and the driver would know where I mean. The driver had me repeat it a few times to make sure I understood. I had no problem after that.

The one I have had the most problem with is the Renaissance. My American accent (no that's not an oxymoron) makes it hard for the driver to understand, no matter how hard I try to break up the syllables, so I say "Erawan Shrine" now if there seems to be an issue and when we get close to the hotel point out the turn, or just walk from the shrine.

As for the Queen's Park hotel, I was once taken to the Marriott Apartments one soi over, but that was when the hotel was new. I think most drivers know the hotel now, although you probably should specify the soi.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

What's wrong with this location? I've red most of the posts and the only notable complains are about location of the hotel.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:46 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Nothing

Although the taxi drivers knew this property for years as the Marquis Queens Park, they now know it also as the Marriott Sukhumvit 22

With the opening of the gate in back of the hotel through the park to Emporium (shopping area and Skytrain station) there’s nothing wrong with this location (and when the weather here gets really hot or it’s raining you can always go via tuk-tuk)

Originally Posted by bwiadca
What's wrong with this location? I've red most of the posts and the only notable complains are about location of the hotel.

Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thank you. Booked the room for 2 nights.

Originally Posted by Srisarin
Nothing

Although the taxi drivers knew this property for years as the Marquis Queens Park, they now know it also as the Marriott Sukhumvit 22

With the opening of the gate in back of the hotel through the park to Emporium (shopping area and Skytrain station) there’s nothing wrong with this location (and when the weather here gets really hot or it’s raining you can always go via tuk-tuk)

Old Mar 21, 2018, 8:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Nothing "wrong" with it, it's just less convenient to BTS than some others, and its on one of the narrow little sois which can get really backed up with traffic. So getting to other parts of Bangkok can be more of a hassle from here than from other properties.

Otherwise it's a nice property.
bwiadca and CJKatl like this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 5:13 pm
Suspended

From JW, must walk along Sukhumvit for a block and a half past the African mafia to BTS
From Ren, must walk to Central to get BTS
From Mar 57, must walk across dangerous intersection to get BTS
From Mar Surawong must walk to new road off Silom (several blocks) to get BTS
From Marriott Queens Park, just walk thru the park to avoid the alleged narrow Soi to Emporium BTS

in sum, the Marquis Queens Park is either the closest/easiest prop to BTS

Originally Posted by Kacee
Nothing "wrong" with it, it's just less convenient to BTS than some others, and its on one of the narrow little sois which can get really backed up with traffic. So getting to other parts of Bangkok can be more of a hassle from here than from other properties.

Otherwise it's a nice property.

Old Mar 21, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold

It seemed to me that the Ren is the closest and easiest to the BTS. That said, I agree that the location of the QP is not a problem. Whether you walk through the park or down Soi 22, it's really not a big deal.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
From JW, must walk along Sukhumvit for a block and a half past the African mafia to BTS
From Ren, must walk to Central to get BTS
From Mar 57, must walk across dangerous intersection to get BTS
From Mar Surawong must walk to new road off Silom (several blocks) to get BTS
From Marriott Queens Park, just walk thru the park to avoid the alleged narrow Soi to Emporium BTS

From the Ren, you walk in the parking lot for a few feet, into the building next door, ride up an escalator, walk through a hallway, out a door and you are at the Chit Lom BTS station. Or just walk to the end of the parking lot and take the stairs up to the Chit Lom station. It is the easiest and closest property to BTS.

And I'll take the dangerous intersection (it is) from Soi 57 over the walk from Queens Park.
happygolucky_nomad and Kacee like this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 7:33 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Nothing. The shortcut through the park negates much of the location complaint.

If you've never eaten at No Idea gastropub (also on Soi 22, toward Sukhumvit), you might want to try it.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Actually, Ren is closer and easier.

Also, there are properties in Bangkok besides Marriott . From SGS, for example, you walk out door and maybe 50 feet across skyway and you're in Asok.

That said, I like this property and would recommend it. Especially good use of a Cat 5.
happygolucky_nomad likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:54 am
Suspended

Actually it’s not for if you follow CJKatl’s directions above, once you get into and out of Manaya Plaza the BTS station is still a good walk along the skybridge past the entrance to Central Chitlom (and if you don't want to walk from the Marquis to BTS Emporium thru the park, the Marquis has 2 tuk-tuks that offer free transportation)

Originally Posted by Kacee
Actually, Ren is closer and easier.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 6:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

the Marquis has 2 tuk-tuks that offer free transportation)
These are Marriott's tuk tuks? That's even better I thought you were referring street tuk tuks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.