Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Melodsal
Hotel email: [email protected]
Club lounge email: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]

Hat tip to: elephentravels

"For platinum members, there's a weekly management cocktail on wednesdays, drinks (wine, beer, mojito, hard liquor) and some pretty good amuse bouche provided. It seems that only a few of the platinum members will receive the "invite", but if anyone is there on wednesday nights, try your luck at the club lounge to RSVP for the event."
Print Wikipost

Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2017, 3:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dfe
Wonder what the deal is with the gate--and assume that you are talking about the brand new one by Goji with the up and down escalators. It was open just a couple of weeks ago when I was there and was super handy to get over to Emporium and Phrong Phong BTS. Hope someone can advise.
Not sure . . . I was looking from the outside (i.e., from the park). I only saw one gate, and it was blocked. It seemed to open onto a restaurant terrace, which I'm guessing was Goji.
Redwoodw likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Kacee
Not sure . . . I was looking from the outside (i.e., from the park). I only saw one gate, and it was blocked. It seemed to open onto a restaurant terrace, which I'm guessing was Goji.
the gate was blocked when I was there a couple of weeks ago. I'm at a loss to understand why anyone would block a gate into an open park that would primarily be used by hotel guests. It's obviously a much more comfortable and quick way to the BTS and the mall.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 10:56 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
It's obviously a much more comfortable and quick way to the BTS and the mall.
Yes, it changes a long, hot, unpleasant hike on heavily trafficked streets into a quick jaunt through the greenery of the park.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:42 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
For those of you who have stayed here already, how do you think it compares with the other cat-5's in Bangkok for an award stay?

The Renaissance is great, of course. We've usually been upgraded to a corner room (sort of a junior suite). The lounge is reliably very good, even if I'm not sure I understand or like the recent changes. The breakfast is so-so- for me. Access to BTS is a plus.

The Bangkok Marriott Sukhumvit 57 is nice because its the only one that lets us eat breakfast in the restaurant, which seems leagues above any of the lounges. Close enough to the BTS. The lounge seems a cut below the Renaissance, but I liked the cooking station in the evening. It's been fairly difficult to get room upgrades here, even while Platinum.

I like all three areas, though it sounds like the Marriott Marquis is further from the skytrain.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 8:04 am
CL9

Programs: MR Platinum, QRPC Platinum
Depends what you want to do? Is it holiday or business trip?
If you have time in the morning and like a good breakfast, then
as Gold Member I would take the Renaissance, as Platin Member the Suk 57.

In my opionion the Marquis lounge has the biggest space but the quality of food is much more better at Renaissance.

In the afternoon, the Renaissance Lounge is the best of these 3 properties.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by BobBHX
Can anyone tell me if there is a bar at the pool with normal tables and chairs (like the Azure Bar at the Marriott Suk 57). I am partially disabled and cannot lie on a sun lounger.
Yes. There are tables in front of the bar by the pool on the 9th floor
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by CL9
Depends what you want to do? Is it holiday or business trip?
If you have time in the morning and like a good breakfast, then
as Gold Member I would take the Renaissance, as Platin Member the Suk 57.

In my opionion the Marquis lounge has the biggest space but the quality of food is much more better at Renaissance.

In the afternoon, the Renaissance Lounge is the best of these 3 properties.
I love the Breakfast and like the occasional upgrades as Gold. Does Renaissance allow us to dine in main restaurant....how is the lounge benefits compared with Marquis. Thanks.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by NoviceFT
I love the Breakfast and like the occasional upgrades as Gold. Does Renaissance allow us to dine in main restaurant....how is the lounge benefits compared with Marquis. Thanks.
The Ren's restaurant breakfast is spectacular and expensive. It is generally not available as an option instead of the lounge.

The lounge itself is smaller than the Marquis lounge and does not have outside seating. The offerings are similar.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:12 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by CJKatl
The Ren's restaurant breakfast is spectacular and expensive. It is generally not available as an option instead of the lounge.

The lounge itself is smaller than the Marquis lounge and does not have outside seating. The offerings are similar.
Thanks CJKatl. I think I will go with Marriott Marquis.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:14 am
CL9

Programs: MR Platinum, QRPC Platinum
Originally Posted by NoviceFT
As CJKatl already mentioned, you get only Club Lounge access at Renaissance, no main restaurant.

But in my opinion the food (quality, not quantity) is better at Renaissance.
Also the location, the rooms, the atmosphere I like at Ren more then the Marquis.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by CL9
Also the location, the rooms, the atmosphere I like at Ren more then the Marquis.
As much as I liked the Marquis, which I found to be one of the best Marriott properties anywhere, I've got to agree the location is a negative. If you are looking for easy access to BTS, the Soi 57 and Ren are much better choices. Heck, even the JW and CY are better choices. But the poster asking didn't mention transportation as a consideration, so the Marquis may be the best choice.

How awesome is it that there are so many great choices, each with great service? IMO, CY for price, Ren for being close to so much and easy BTS access, Soi 57 for being just away enough but still having easy BTS access and good suite UG chances and the Marquis for being the most awesome of the Marriott hotels except for the transportation issue and spectacular views from the very large CL.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
I just booked 4 nights on a paid rate here in October (Thursday - Monday). It seems the UG changes are pretty decent. I normally don't care much about UGs but we'll be three total and it would much appreciated. Any recent experiences?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by JHake10
I just booked 4 nights on a paid rate here in October (Thursday - Monday). It seems the UG changes are pretty decent. I normally don't care much about UGs but we'll be three total and it would much appreciated. Any recent experiences?
They are pretty good about upgrading Plats. I think they give you an M Suite if they have one. It's a nice room.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Kacee
They are pretty good about upgrading Plats. I think they give you an M Suite if they have one. It's a nice room.
Thanks for the info! I'm actually PP, but I don't even bother to note that in my profile as it doesn't mean much and generally raises more questions
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:11 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
CJKatl can speak for himself but he did not state this as an absolute as restated below and I've stayed at the Ren, both pre and post Lars, and been given the option so again, not an absolute.

"The Ren's restaurant breakfast is spectacular and expensive. It is generally not available as an option instead of the lounge."

Originally Posted by CL9
As CJKatl already mentioned, you get only Club Lounge access at Renaissance, no main restaurant

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.