Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Melodsal
Hotel email: [email protected]
Club lounge email: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]

Hat tip to: elephentravels

"For platinum members, there's a weekly management cocktail on wednesdays, drinks (wine, beer, mojito, hard liquor) and some pretty good amuse bouche provided. It seems that only a few of the platinum members will receive the "invite", but if anyone is there on wednesday nights, try your luck at the club lounge to RSVP for the event."
Print Wikipost

Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2020, 3:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Yes, the hotel also specifically stated (in the rate detail) that you won’t get any platinum benefits (breakfast, lounge access, upgrade, etc.). You will earn elite night credit and points. The breakfast will be extra at 353 THB/person net. (Total rate with breakfast for 2 is 999+300x2 = 1599++THB/night)
So properties are now allowed to exclude benefits from published rates bookable through marriott.com? The accelerating devaluation of Bonvoy continues.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 4:33 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by Kacee
So properties are now allowed to exclude benefits from published rates bookable through marriott.com? The accelerating devaluation of Bonvoy continues.
Couldn't agree more, what's wrong with selling through an OTA if they want to sidestep providing MB benefits? The watering down of the Bonvoy "loyalty" program continues.
EuropeanPete and Kacee like this.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 8:16 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
you may ask Marriott directly.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 9:09 pm

Programs: Alaska
Should discuss in “suspension of benefit and brand standard” for rate without full benefit
Old Sep 5, 2020, 11:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
you may ask Marriott directly.
Marriott follows this forum through the Lurkers. If MMQP is violating the rules, I expect they'll so advise us.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 1:00 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Yes, the hotel also specifically stated (in the rate detail) that you won’t get any platinum benefits (breakfast, lounge access, upgrade, etc.).
True, but an Ambassador Elite reported in the Facebook Ambassador group receiving all benefits in a stay there in the last couple of days under this promo. So I would not rule it out.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 12:18 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Amb MR PLAT
Hi, I just wanted to know if anyone has stayed here recently i am thinking of going next month i'm a Plat. Just wanted to know if the executive lounge is open and how things are for breakfast? Is everything open swimming pool gym etc.. thanks in advance
Old Oct 6, 2020, 10:19 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Any updates on this property and the benefits under the promotional rate?
Old Oct 6, 2020, 7:29 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
The property is operating pretty normally & seemed fairly busy (relatively of course).
The Executive Lounge is closed. Breakfast is available in Goji Restaurant on the ground floor & is pretty good although feels somewhat canteen-ish as its such a large space.
There is a very pleasant section for (Executive/Plat Elite) & above in the lobby area which opens at 10.30am & serves only tea/coffee & soft drinks during the day. Evening alcohol is served here too from 5.30pm & includes hot snacks delivered to your table plus salad/cheese/soup available from a server in the lounge area. It was quite busy from 5.30pm during my 5 night stay last week.

As far as the gym/pool are concerned I have no experience of those.
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I've stayed at this hotel for a whole month and now moved to Phuket for change of scenery, utilizing the Megatix vouchers with 70% bonus. Can't say anything negative about this property.

As far as people complaining about the 999/1010 rate not being able to receive benefits you should seriously give your head a shake. Be happy you can book this rate at all and that it's elite qualifying because the same rate at the Athenee was only bookable for Thais with Thai ID (no expats with work permit). This rate is directed at locals who want a staycation, not elites.

It doesn't make any sense to book this rate anyway because after tax you're talking about 1200 Baht all in. You better book the "Pay Less Play More" rate with 1000 Baht F&B credit. That rate is 2599++ BUT you can apply the Megatix voucher to this rate.

6 nights at promo rate (no benefits): 7200 Baht
6 nights at PLPM rate (full benefits + 6000 Baht credit): Even 10,000 Baht Megatix voucher with 17,000 Baht value.
LIH Prem and NYCtraveler like this.

Last edited by skywalkerLAX; Oct 7, 2020 at 12:03 am
Old Oct 7, 2020, 6:12 am

Hi Skywalker thanks for the info. Just a quick question. if i use the pay less play more rate and use Megatix will it count towards Elite qualifying. I am doing a status match. Will Platinum benefits apply also?
thanks in advance
Old Oct 7, 2020, 6:29 am

Sorry i just saw you posted full benefits with the PLPM rate.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by robnc35
Hi Skywalker thanks for the info. Just a quick question. if i use the pay less play more rate and use Megatix will it count towards Elite qualifying. I am doing a status match. Will Platinum benefits apply also?
thanks in advance
Yes fully qualifying, no problems at all and the Marquis allows you to combine the spend instead of having to spend an even 1k daily.

Like you can have a nice dinner at Akira Back for 4000 and use the other credits on the remaining days.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 6:54 am

wow thats a great deal!! Thanks Skywalker. I am doing the Megatix purchase now. How is the hotel your staying now?
Old Oct 7, 2020, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by robnc35
wow thats a great deal!! Thanks Skywalker. I am doing the Megatix purchase now. How is the hotel your staying now?
I sent you a PM,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.