Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Melodsal
Hotel email: [email protected]
Club lounge email: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]

Hat tip to: elephentravels

"For platinum members, there's a weekly management cocktail on wednesdays, drinks (wine, beer, mojito, hard liquor) and some pretty good amuse bouche provided. It seems that only a few of the platinum members will receive the "invite", but if anyone is there on wednesday nights, try your luck at the club lounge to RSVP for the event."
Print Wikipost

Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 4:39 am
CL9

Programs: MR Platinum, QRPC Platinum
Does anybode know what the new Marquis offer for Platinum Arrival Gift?

Anything special thats worth to take or just the normal 500 Points or 10$ voucher?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 8:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by BobBHX
Can anyone tell me if there is a bar at the pool with normal tables and chairs (like the Azure Bar at the Marriott Suk 57). I am partially disabled and cannot lie on a sun lounger.
Hopefully someone will answer your question soon, from those who have stayed at the property.

Originally Posted by CL9
Does anybode know what the new Marquis offer for Platinum Arrival Gift?

Anything special thats worth to take or just the normal 500 Points or 10$ voucher?
Internationally the PAG is either 500 points or a food/drink amenity - $10 voucher is for US/Canada only. I've always found (even before the $10 voucher) the int'l food/drink amenities to be better than the US/Canada ones.

Cheers.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 8:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
CL9 posted the welcome letter Gold/Plats get at check-in, which includes info on the lounge as well as other bennies offered (such as valet pressing, etc) in the exec lounge sticky. Many thanks to him for doing so.

Info in this link:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28025680-post2121.html

Cheers.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by kevino
Is the shuttle to Asok BTS Station or Phrom Phong BTS Station? If it's PP BTS Station, does it drop off across the street from the park?

Is it possible to walk all the way through the park to the back of the hotel?

Thanks!
Phrong Phong. Actually, you are dropped off at a side entrance to the Emporium. The easiest thing to do is go into the building, up an escalator, through the second floor of the mall and out to the elevated walkway that is steps from the BTS entrance. It's an area that's used for many other pick-ups/drop-offs. I've taken a cooking class and a day tour where you meet there.

The entrance to/from the park from the hotel is currently closed for construction. Soi 22 is not an easy walk. There's much going on in the narrow sidewalks.

I just saw both this and the pool question. I will try to get a pool answer before I leave, but need to be heading to the airport shortly and have go finish packing, get breakfast and check out.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 5:52 pm

Can anyone tell me if there is a bar at the pool with normal tables and chairs (like the Azure Bar at the Marriott Suk 57). I am partially disabled and cannot lie on a sun lounger.
I was able to go to the pool and snap some pics, which I'll upload when I get home. When I returned to my room, I realized this could have been answered by looking out my window.

I don't recall how the Azure Bar is set up, but this pool has cafe style tables and chairs near the bar. There are probably a dozen tables. There does not appear to be any seating at the actual bar.

Hope that helps.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 2:30 pm
CL9

Programs: MR Platinum, QRPC Platinum
@SkiAdcock

Thx for push up this thread, I know someone was asking about the pool but I didn't find it again.

@BobBHX

As CJKatl already mentioned, yes there is a small bar and some chairs with tables.

Here two pictures where you can see it a little bit:
Attached Images   
Old Mar 16, 2017, 5:15 pm

My pics are similar, so there's no need to post them, but let me throw this out there... This hotel is so above and beyond on customer service that if you told them you needed a hundred year old barber's chair positioned at the midpoint between the bar and the pool they would probably make it happen.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
Thanks a lot CJKatl and CL9 for the advice and pics. Just what I needed confirmed. I'll be arriving at the end of next week and really looking forward to it.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 6:48 am

Am at the hotel now. I used a 7 night cert. As a gold member I only got an M club room which is no different to a standard room but with club benefits (which I get anyway). The room is nice but nothing special. The hotel lobby is very impressive.
The swimming pool is a little small given the size of the hotel.
The lounge is very large and spacious, food offerings have varied the past couple of nights and have been good. Breakfast only in the lounge but also very good.

The back gate leading to the park mentioned earlier is closed.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Can someone tell me how much a taxi should cost (including tolls and 50 baht airport pickup fee) from BKK to the hotel? Also, does anyone have the address written in Thai to give to the driver? Thanks!
Old Apr 23, 2017, 1:43 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by mindrisa
Can someone tell me how much a taxi should cost (including tolls and 50 baht airport pickup fee) from BKK to the hotel? Also, does anyone have the address written in Thai to give to the driver? Thanks!
The fare is around 300 baht plus 50 baht for the airport fee plus 80-85 baht for the highway tolls, for a total of about 430 baht. Add in a tip of say 40-60 baht and it's roughly 500 baht total, assuming no major traffic delays. If you travel from around 7-10am or 3-8pm, the cost could be slightly higher due to slower traffic.

Essentially all taxi drivers know basic English, so you shouldn't need anything written in Thai. Just tell them Marriott Sukhumvit Soi 22 and they should know where to take you.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:54 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
.......Essentially all taxi drivers know basic English, so you shouldn't need anything written in Thai. Just tell them Marriott Sukhumvit Soi 22 and they should know where to take you.
I would disagree with that - when we stayed there a couple of months ago, our taxi driver from the airport had no idea where he was going.

Fortunately I had copied the post by CO-PLAT (post 572) on this page, in the other thread about this hotel - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...resent-15.html

As soon as I showed the driver the address written down he knew where he was going.

Nick
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Thank you both for the price information and the link to the address in Thai!
Old Apr 23, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by mindrisa
Thank you both for the address in Thai!
Your welcome!
Old May 14, 2017, 4:15 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I have an upcoming stay with two teens. I had originally booked a room with two beds, and was going to order a rollaway. However, as a plat premier, I've been upgraded to an M Suite which looks to only have a king bed. Does anyone know if that's right? Does the living room have a bed that folds out?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.