Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park [Master Thread]

Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Melodsal
Hotel email: [email protected]
Club lounge email: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]

Hat tip to: elephentravels

"For platinum members, there's a weekly management cocktail on wednesdays, drinks (wine, beer, mojito, hard liquor) and some pretty good amuse bouche provided. It seems that only a few of the platinum members will receive the "invite", but if anyone is there on wednesday nights, try your luck at the club lounge to RSVP for the event."
Print Wikipost

Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park [Master Thread]

Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Huh? I don't understand what you're saying here. The lifetime of the other guests?
OP (LTP or LTPP) asked if the hotel would extend all of his/her benefits to the other guests. I have advised OP that the hotel has no power to extend any of OP's lifetime benefits onto any other guests for the rest of their lives. Best taken with a grain of salt. However, I do understand that not everyone can recognise that by quickly reading this post. My fault.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:25 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by funkbandit
OP (LTP or LTPP) asked if the hotel would extend all of his/her benefits to the other guests. I have advised OP that the hotel has no power to extend any of OP's lifetime benefits onto any other guests for the rest of their lives. Best taken with a grain of salt. However, I do understand that not everyone can recognise that by quickly reading this post. My fault.
There are ways around this without having to violate the program's T&C, but as always YMMV.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:02 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by tai4de2
Thanks for this.
You are very welcome!

I inquired and here is what I found out: there are 8 of this kind of M-Suite hotel-wide facing Sukhumvit 22. Its size is 775 SQFT and it is perfect for families with children where the parents would like to have some privacy.

Living room with 2 extra beds for the kids.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by estnet
Nice for you - apparently guests with CHILDREN are allowed to have breakfast in the restaurant (during certain hours) BUT if platinum and no children then you can ONLY use lounge! Not my favorite rule (something similar for cocktail hour too)
Thank you @estnet - as we discussed the other day, I believe MMQP is wrong in denying Platinums + 1 guest a breakfast at Goji in lieu of welcome gift. They are allowing tour groups from zero-sum tourism countries this privilege while denying elites! Guaranteed Platinum Elite/Platinum Premier Elite Welcome Gift on Marriott.com states the following:

BRAND: Marriott Hotels, JW Marriott, Delta Hotels, Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels

WELCOME GIFT CHOICE/POINTS: AP/CALA/MEA: 1,000 points per stay or Food & Beverage per stay or breakfast in restaurant per day. Member + 1.

GUEST COMPENSATION*: $100 USD

*Outside of the U.S. compensation will be paid in the local currency

https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mem...s/guarantee.mi

So if enough Platinum elites demanded compensation with Marriott, the property might relent. The welcome amenity card at the MMQP doesn't even mention the breakfast choice, see below. Is this a violation of the program's written T&C/benefits? Should this triggers a guarantee compensation?

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

estnet and kodansha999 like this.

Last edited by Kalboz; Jan 17, 2019 at 2:58 pm
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:23 pm

if the hotel has a lounge, the choice will be:

AP/CALA/MEA:
1,000 points per stay or Food & Beverage amenity

and this applies to resort:

AP/CALA/MEA:
1,000 points per stay or Food & Beverage per stay or breakfast in restaurant per day. Member + 1.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by kodansha999
if the hotel has a lounge, the choice will be:

AP/CALA/MEA:
1,000 points per stay or Food & Beverage amenity

and this applies to resort:

AP/CALA/MEA:
1,000 points per stay or Food & Beverage per stay or breakfast in restaurant per day. Member + 1.
Please refer us to part of the T&C that states that! And even then, there seems to be conflict in the online published information on company website about the breakfast benefit.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Capsules of espresso machines

The espresso machines in the suites (and maybe some other rooms) have Nespresso compatible capsules, but, in my opinion, the coffee of this brand from Champasak Laos (Paksong Highland Coffee) is simply not good (or mediocre at best). I remember visiting this area (the Bolaven Plateau) when they produce, years ago, and already not liking the coffee at that time - I still don't.

I'll have to remember pointing this out on the next survey I receive about a stay at this property.

PS: just in case the management of the hotel reads FT, my preferred Nespresso flavor is Ristretto (not the most adventurous, but a classic that never disappoints)

Last edited by UASPG; Jan 21, 2019 at 4:58 pm
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:11 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
I went to the Goji Kitchen for breakfast for the first time, the place is really big and so is the food selection, but it is not quite at the quality level of the JW Marriott Phu Quoc where I recently stayed. I don't really enjoy restaurants with that many guests, but I guess it should be expected when the hotel is a Marquis, a brand for properties of at least 1,000 rooms.

The food offering and the service at the lounge appear to be declining at this hotel.
tomwhom likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Originally Posted by UASPG
I went to the Goji Kitchen for breakfast for the first time, the place is really big and so is the food selection, but it is not quite at the quality level of the JW Marriott Phu Quoc where I recently stayed. I don't really enjoy restaurants with that many guests, but I guess it should be expected when the hotel is a Marquis, a brand for properties of at least 1,000 rooms.

The food offering and the service at the lounge appear to be declining at this hotel.
Thanks for the update. I have cancelled all my future stays here since dsquared37 reported lunch 'Enhancement' two months back. I think the better lunch serves as supplementary to the poor lounge breakfast. Plus if you have no suit upgrade luck, you have to settle at their regular executive room which is crappy without bath tub. Also seems like their once competitive room rate has been enhanced too.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by UASPG

Do you have children? When I was there I couldn't use Goji only those with children - has this changed?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by estnet
Do you have children? When I was there I couldn't use Goji only those with children - has this changed?
No, I am here by myself on a business trip.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by tomwhom
Thanks for the update. I have cancelled all my future stays here since dsquared37 reported lunch 'Enhancement' two months back. I think the better lunch serves as supplementary to the poor lounge breakfast. Plus if you have no suit upgrade luck, you have to settle at their regular executive room which is crappy without bath tub. Also seems like their once competitive room rate has been enhanced too.
I'm going to check out the breakfast at the lounge but will go back to Goji if I do not like the selection. Goji seemed to be a convenient choice, as there is no need to go to the other tower.

On the positive side, I got a very nice suite upgrade.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:48 pm

The breakfast at the lounge felt much more comfortable than the one at Goji yesterday, but maybe it was because I went earlier.

The breakfast spread is not what it was during the months that followed the opening but I had no illusion that it would be like that forever.

It's an okay breakfast buffet, but the chocolate croissant is just terrible. I did not try the butter croissant but I don't see why it would be so different as its chocolate version.

A note to the F&B Management + HR: the Pastry Chef of the JW Marriott in Phu Quoc, who was supposed to work at the Edition Bangkok, in the MahaNakhon tower, went to work in Sri Lanka I believe after the MahaNakhon tower was sold to King Power who decided to have Accor manage their hotel. It might be interested to move back to Bangkok where I think he owns a condo. Not sure if he cannot out easily of his present job, though.
Full disclosure: I never met him but tasted his products in December last year at the JW and the ones of his successor last December at the same property. It's good - very good!
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by tomwhom
... since dsquared37 reported lunch 'Enhancement' two months back.
I am sorry but which Marriott property (or otherwise) provide lunch at their club lounge? Is this supposed lunch a written benefit of any program?

In my experience at the property (I have had at least 50 nights thus far since they reflagged), there is always food in the M-Club lounge from 6:30 AM until 9:30 PM. For me I rather go out and eat cheap delicious food on the street when I get hungry between breakfast and happy hour. Some of the food presented looks good and some I wouldn't touch but to each his/her own. Regardless, you don't see such abundance/generosity with the other brands (Grand Hyatt Erawan, the Conrad, SGS, etc.). At the InterContinental, the food is elegant but minimal servings with emphasis on presentation during teatime and happy hour. Don't get me wrong, they are all fine hotels but the MMPQ, IMO, is the most generous and it doesn't hold back food-wise. here are some photos for the sake of comparison!

Afternoon desserts at the M-Club lounge

Afternoon sandwiches and salad at the M-Club lounge

Afternoon service at the IC Club InterContinental Bangkok

Happy hour food at the IC Club InterContinental Bangkok

Happy hour food at the IC Club InterContinental Bangkok on a different night

Afternoon grub at the Millennium Hilton

Afternoon offerings at the Conrad Bangkok
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Regardless, you don't see such abundance/generosity with the other brands (... SGS, etc.).
SGS might not have the same generosity of offerings at its club lounge because it doesn't have a lounge, as you know. If you're counting by the range of things available, I haven't personally seen a breakfast buffet with more different items available than the one at SGS.
tomwhom likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.