Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park [Master Thread]

Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Melodsal
Hotel email: [email protected]
Club lounge email: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]

Hat tip to: elephentravels

"For platinum members, there's a weekly management cocktail on wednesdays, drinks (wine, beer, mojito, hard liquor) and some pretty good amuse bouche provided. It seems that only a few of the platinum members will receive the "invite", but if anyone is there on wednesday nights, try your luck at the club lounge to RSVP for the event."
Print Wikipost

Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen's Park [Master Thread]

Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Breakfast this morning!

Have a bagel & smile!
Nice for you - apparently guests with CHILDREN are allowed to have breakfast in the restaurant (during certain hours) BUT if platinum and no children then you can ONLY use lounge! Not my favorite rule (something similar for cocktail hour too)
Kalboz likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
The no children rule is enforced lightly at best, unfortunately.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by tai4de2
The no children rule is enforced lightly at best, unfortunately.
So it's a lose/lose for some of us
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:11 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
So it's a lose/lose for some of us
No, it's a lose for all of us, I hate to say it, as it seems the party is over!

Bob Fabiano no longer the GM since the end of the year and he is back to the US. Rumors has it that he is retired and someone from the Marriott Singapore is taking the helm. Other guest-oriented managers have also left such as Khun Noun (Rooms Director) and Khun Jeab (M-Club Lounge Manager). So we have remaining staff which primarily focused on increased revenues, filling up rooms with Chinese & Indian tour operated guests (zero sum tourism), and to hell with Marriott loyalty program (my opinion based on observations). Manager like Khun Ann (was the Hilton Sukhumvit lounge manager) who thinks it's funny that Marriott elites should ask for comped suite upgrades and that the departing managers were just giving stuff for free regardless of what the Marriott loyalty written program says!

So the last bastion of loyalty guest focused property is changing ... time has come for Klapsons or AirBnB?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:54 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
No, it's a lose for all of us, I hate to say it, as it seems the party is over!

So the last bastion of loyalty guest focused property is changing ... time has come for Klapsons or AirBnB?
That's too bad - MMQP is normally my primary stay option when visiting Bangkok. (This is a good thread to monitor and I like Marriott Suk 57 as an alternate option.)
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Are you excluding the SPG properties? You still get a full breakfast at those, and most will upgrade to suites, subject to availability.

Don't think it's been noted here, but the Chinese economy is falling off a cliff . . . SGS was filled with Japanese over New Year's, no China tour groups in site. Big change from last visit in October. This could profoundly affect Bangkok hotel occupancy.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 12:15 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Are you excluding the SPG properties? You still get a full breakfast at those, and most will upgrade to suites, subject to availability.

Don't think it's been noted here, but the Chinese economy is falling off a cliff . . . SGS was filled with Japanese over New Year's, no China tour groups in site. Big change from last visit in October. This could profoundly affect Bangkok hotel occupancy.
Just looked at this property for weekend of 2/22, shows as sold out - wonder what's going on.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist

The hoards of Chinese at the MMQP were very hard to miss. And despite of the great food offered at Goji along with good service, breakfast there resembled a South Asian/Chinese riot for at least 4 of the 7 nights we spent there. The breakfast is not cheap at Goji and you'd wonder if they sold breakfast packages in these markets. Westerners and Japanese guests were in the minority during the meal, say 10% or less.

So denying Platinums written benefit of breakfast choice is never a good thing especially when allowing guests from zero-sum tours priority over loyal Platinums. Please note that this is mostly an assumption based on observations because we truly don't know what these guests paid.

Last edited by Kalboz; Jan 4, 2019 at 7:37 am
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Just concluding a 13 night stay (checking out 5 Jan 2019). I agree with Kalboz that Bob Fabiano's departure potentially bodes poorly. However I booked and paid for an M Suite this time, and so can't comment on the biggest Platinum benefit or lack thereof (upgrades). I otherwise received high-quality service similar to my (very numerous) past stays.

For me the biggest looming issue is not the hotel's fault -- it's the construction of Em Spheres, which has now begun in earnest. The noise is already bordering on bothersome, and it's going to be a rough couple of years for rooms facing north (especially in the north tower) and most rooms facing the park, which look out onto the construction area. Unfortunately it seems that there are no M Suites facing Soi 22 or Rama 4, which could have been the only way to escape the noise without having other rooms looking into mine or having the sun beating into the room all day.

I discussed this with the lounge staff and even had them print out floor plans etc. but if anyone knows differently, please comment.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:17 am

Unfortunately it seems that there are no M Suites facing Soi 22 or Rama 4, which could have been the only way to escape the noise without having other rooms looking into mine or having the sun beating into the room all day.

I discussed this with the lounge staff and even had them print out floor plans etc. but if anyone knows differently, please comment.
Well I was given a suite facing Sukhumvit 22 in the south tower, at least one of the managers called it M-Suite. Numbered XX24 and facing the elevators, living room has no outside window but the bedroom does.

Bedroom with a single window

Windowless living room

The view from the bedroom window
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by funkbandit
In any case, none of these benefits will be granted for the rest of the lifetime of the other guests. This privilege will remain solely with the LTPP member.
Huh? I don't understand what you're saying here. The lifetime of the other guests?

Last edited by yosithezet; Jan 6, 2019 at 2:06 am Reason: Post move cleanup
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:25 pm

Just concluding a 13 night stay (checking out 5 Jan 2019). I agree with Kalboz that Bob Fabiano's departure potentially bodes poorly. However I booked and paid for an M Suite this time, and so can't comment on the biggest Platinum benefit or lack thereof (upgrades). I otherwise received high-quality service similar to my (very numerous) past stays.
Thank you for agreeing!

Just out of curiosity, how far in advance did you book the suite? And, what was your rate per night?

Thank you!
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:53 am

Just out of curiosity, how far in advance did you book the suite? And, what was your rate per night?
Booked 1 May 2018. Rate averaged around 7100++ per night. The booking was actually several separate ones in blocks of a few days each, to preserve my flexibility because I wasn't 100% sure I would be in Bangkok for the entire time. Each block was a different price.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:55 am

Well I was given a suite facing Sukhumvit 22 in the south tower, at least one of the managers called it M-Suite. Numbered XX24
Thanks for this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:47 pm

Simon Bell is the newly appointed GM ( formerly GM Tang Plaza Singapore and Renaissance Seoul).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.