Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach, Singapore [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email: [email protected]
Reservations email:
[email protected]
Duty manager: [email protected]

April 2017 Photos - see posts 45-51

From website: In Executive Lounge no children below 12 years allowed after 7pm and smart casual attire is required-no shorts/slippers

As of 2023, shorts seem to have been removed from the lounge dress code exclusion. ElevatorEnthusiast definitely wore them.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach, Singapore [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2019, 12:11 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
Then there's no excuse. Getting SNAs back plus premium suite is not a bad outcome though. Hope the wifi works better for you than it did for me.
This outcome is honestly preferable for me because I’m by myself and I only applied the SNAs because somehow most of my bookings for this year ended up being ineligible for SNAs one way or another (Prince Gallery, Suiran Kyoto already booked in the SNA category room, Ritz Carlton properties). I’ll find somewhere to use them next year and maybe will choose the free night instead of more SNAs as my 75 night benefit.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Stay here few days ago. Use SNA for Premier Marina Bay View Suite and was approved 5 days out.

There are hint of musty smells on the air conditioning when it just started up.
Which is quite common in Singapore.

Their elite recognition is very good on my stay.
The room attendant put an umbrella with a note mentioning Singapore is having rainy season and the umbrella will come handy.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:06 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
As [redacted] had informed you through the chat earlier, we would like to inform you that we will be returning your Suite Night Award as we are not able to accord your preferred room category (Premier Marina Bay Suite) on your visit. We will still be according a complimentary upgrade to the Premier Suite, which is also one of our specialty suite - not normally available in the complimentary upgrade pool - for the inconvenience.
Gotta love how they outright admit they don’t give complementary upgrades to the actual suite though, probably only goes up to the jr suite.
I find that odd them saying "Premier Suite is not in their complimentary upgrade pool" but based on the SNA that premier suite was a selectable option? (I am assuming that premier suite refers to option #2 below)

dgreen12 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by xar
I find that odd them saying "Premier Suite is not in their complimentary upgrade pool" but based on the SNA that premier suite was a selectable option? (I am assuming that premier suite refers to option #2 below)

An SNA option is not part of the complimentary upgrades, you pay for it with the certificate. And since the hotel returned the certs and upgraded, it became a complimentary elite upgrade. So the hotel states that this suite, while part of the SNA flow is not part of the elite upgrade options. The latter is limited to standard suites.
xar likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 4:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
An SNA option is not part of the complimentary upgrades, you pay for it with the certificate. And since the hotel returned the certs and upgraded, it became a complimentary elite upgrade. So the hotel states that this suite, while part of the SNA flow is not part of the elite upgrade options. The latter is limited to standard suites.
So you think the property acted appropriately in downgrading NexusCFX from his SNA confirmed suite?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I think Nexus got good deal out of this. That so called Marina Bay View suite actually dont give much nicer view.
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
So you think the property acted appropriately in downgrading NexusCFX from his SNA confirmed suite?
I did not comment on that, only on the confusion of the Premier Suite being part of the complimentary upgrade pool vs the SNA upgrade pool.

That being said, I generally believe that businesses should stand by their promises and commitments. Unless they are absolutely obviously a mistake.. This case the hotel should have taken the bullet and honoured their commitment. The famous CX first class fare around New Year, I could have forgiven them for not honouring the bookings, but I applaud them for standing by their mistaken promise.
Kacee likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by kaizen7
I think Nexus got good deal out of this. That so called Marina Bay View suite actually dont give much nicer view.
It was a good deal in the end, but I've had two experiences this year with properties downgrading my confirmed SNA (StR NYC and StR BKK) so it's a bit of a sore spot. I just don't think they should be doing that.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:36 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Also just as a data point, I had no WiFi problems during the stay. I thought the lounge offering was quite good. At check-in the agent did ask me if I would be ok to have them move my bags to another room at noon on the last day if I wanted 4pm checkout, to which I explained why I had the room in the first place and asked if they really wanted to take my room away a second time. They gave me the suite until 4pm.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:15 am

That must be very annoying!
They give me 4pm late checkout at marina bay view one w/o problem on my stay though.
But I end up checking out early ... around 3pm ... exploring jewel
Old Jun 12, 2019, 1:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I managed to get a premier suite as an upgrade at check in, but only after i pressed very firmly at the lounge logging into the app and saying look there are suites i can book this very moment at this property, i would like one of them. If not please cancel my stay (i was on fully flex booking) and i'll go over to the conrad across the road...
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:37 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I managed to get a premier suite as an upgrade at check in, but only after i pressed very firmly at the lounge logging into the app and saying look there are suites i can book this very moment at this property, i would like one of them. If not please cancel my stay (i was on fully flex booking) and i'll go over to the conrad across the road...
Good for you ^
BTW - having recently re-acquainted myself with Conrad Singapore recently, I much prefer it to the JW in just about every way - particularly their Executive Lounge (I found the JW lounge to be barely average).
Old Jun 16, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Back in residence for a couple of weeks and although no suite available, the room assigned (premier bay view) is nice. I think I detect some recent touch ups - new (brand new) Nespresso machine, carpet in room looks brand new too. Wifi is working. Better than previous stays so far.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:36 am

Just got an email that they are restricting access to the pool on the 18th level for the 5 days covering the Formula 1 race. You'll have to pay $$$ to get access to the area. Disappointed as we were looking forward to using that pool w/ the beautiful views.

Warm greetings from JW Marriott Singapore South Beach!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Kindly be advised that the Flow18 Sky Garden and Flow18 Bar will be closed for a private event from Thursday 19 September to Tuesday 24 September. During this period, please take note of the change in operating hours of the Swimming Pools at Flow18 and Ebb6 as well as the Fitness Centre at Flow18.

OPERATING HOURS

Flow18 Swimming Pool
South Tower, Level 18
THU 19 SEP TUE 24 SEP -- Closed

Flow18 Fitness Centre
South Tower, Level 18
THU 19 SEP TUE 24 SEP -- 6am to 4pm

Ebb6 Swimming Pool
East Tower, Level 6
THU 19 SEP TUE 24 SEP -- 6am to 11pm

EBB6 SKY GARDEN LOUNGE PARTY

Exclusively for in-house guests, catch the racing action live from the Ebb6 Sky Garden with unbeatable trackside views overlooking Turn 7 of the circuit. From Friday 20 September to Sunday 22 September, join us for a Sky Garden Lounge Party featuring a special barbecue menu and bar signatures while soaking in all the sights and sounds of the night race.

SINGAPORE ACTION TERRACE PRIVATE EVENT AT FLOW18

Featuring panoramic views of the cityscape and an exciting entertainment line-up over the 3-day race weekend, guests interested in purchasing tickets to The Rich List’s Singapore Action Terrace event can find out more at http://richlistgroup.org/singapore2019.html.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:17 pm

Planning on staying for ~2 weeks and would like to be near Marina Bay for the views and stuff to do. Sounds like this is the best Bonvoy hotel to stay at (also want to earn points which I can't do at Ritz). Is that fair to say? Ambassador so hopefully I get an upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.