Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach, Singapore [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email: [email protected]
Reservations email:
[email protected]
Duty manager: [email protected]

April 2017 Photos - see posts 45-51

From website: In Executive Lounge no children below 12 years allowed after 7pm and smart casual attire is required-no shorts/slippers

As of 2023, shorts seem to have been removed from the lounge dress code exclusion. ElevatorEnthusiast definitely wore them.
Print Wikipost

JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach, Singapore [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
You can buy tickets for a shuttle bus service near the main exits (ask at info kiosks also). I don't remember the exact price when I was there in November but it didn't seem to be that expensive.

Coming back I just got on an ordinary bus (there's a stop quite near the hotel).
Old Jul 11, 2018, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kaizen7
Singapore MRT is not bad but there will be some quite long walk to the hotel entrance.
Nearest mrt station will be Esplanade and City Hall MRT Staton.
The Esplanade station has an exit that is maybe 150m from the hotel's front door, and it's covered the whole way. From the City Hall station, if you follow the walking path through the Raffles Place basement to Esplanade station, you end up in the same place. Can't be more than 700m total, and maybe less. From the airport, City Hall is more convenient (one fewer transfer).
Old Jul 11, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by swiftaw
What’s the best way to get here from the airport? My preference is public transport over taxi unless there’s a big difference in difficulty.
Originally Posted by kaizen7

Singapore MRT is not bad but there will be some quite long walk to the hotel entrance.
Nearest mrt station will be Esplanade and City Hall MRT Staton.

If you carry luggage then taxi will be your best option as taxi in Sg is not that expensive.
Originally Posted by jsloan
The Esplanade station has an exit that is maybe 150m from the hotel's front door, and it's covered the whole way. From the City Hall station, if you follow the walking path through the Raffles Place basement to Esplanade station, you end up in the same place. Can't be more than 700m total, and maybe less. From the airport, City Hall is more convenient (one fewer transfer).

@jsloan said it best MRT is the way to go. It basically drops you off 500ft from the hotel lobby (albeit 3 stories underground)

It is super simple to use the MRT. I took my wife for a week, we used the MRT and busses extensively and she spent $18 for an entire week of MRT/Bus usage, including trip to/from the airport.
I do the extra xfer and go to esplanade station, but in reality it doesn't matter, it is extremely easy to get around Singapore.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
And now a year after my stay (which ended poorly when I couldn't get necessary work done due to faulty internet), the hotel is spamming me daily with marketing emails. A sign that this property is (quite deservedly IMO) not doing very well?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee
And now a year after my stay (which ended poorly when I couldn't get necessary work done due to faulty internet), the hotel is spamming me daily with marketing emails. A sign that this property is (quite deservedly IMO) not doing very well?
maybe its a good sign that their internet finally working and as such they can spam you those emails
Kacee likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
They are quite aggressive in the number of emails they send. I don't know if that is really a sign of the business, or just the approach of the GM in general.

Some hotels are just very active with mails, some are not. Grand Hyatt Tokyo also seems to drown my inbox in mails, yet they are not having troubles keeping occupancy rates up. So does the Ritz in KL though I don't know how busy they are.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 11:26 am

Programs: Continental OnePass
Originally Posted by Hipplewm
@jsloan said it best MRT is the way to go. It basically drops you off 500ft from the hotel lobby (albeit 3 stories underground)

It is super simple to use the MRT. I took my wife for a week, we used the MRT and busses extensively and she spent $18 for an entire week of MRT/Bus usage, including trip to/from the airport.
I do the extra xfer and go to esplanade station, but in reality it doesn't matter, it is extremely easy to get around Singapore.
Thanks, can I buy MRT tickets with a Credit Card or is it like Hong Kong where you need to pay with cash?
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:23 pm

Thanks, can I buy MRT tickets with a Credit Card or is it like Hong Kong where you need to pay with cash?

iirc, Visa and MC can be used at the kiosks, but not Amex.

If you get the tourist card (not really a good deal IMO) you have to go to the window and it may be cash only, but I don't know for sure.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Most kiosks don't take credit card, unless that's changed recently. When you pay by cash you need small denominations, you will only get change in coins and there for there is a limit around around 4 or 5 sing dollar of how much change you can get back. If you buy a 3 dollar ticket, you can't pay with a 10 dollar note.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:14 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by yurtripper
You will get the late check out (as it's before August). Early check-in is hard to say as it depends on how early and their availability on the day but you will at least be able to stay in the Exec Lounge while you wait for a room to be ready.
You'll be lucky to get a suite upgrade (even a Plat would feel lucky) and expecting early check-in AND a suite upgrade might just be pushing it a bit!

Bear in mind that the 'enhanced Wi-Fi' is nothing of the sort. The Wi-Fi is garbage at South Beach (see the posts above yours).
cool thanks. btw is the longue all day drinks (at least for non-alcoholic) or have to follow their schedules?

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
An upgrade is unlikely as a gold, but 4 p.m. checkout should be no problem.
i see but in the email comments its says 'complimentary upgrade' ? unless its just +1 category which in my case would be from a studio to a deluxe.

appreciate the responses.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xar
cool thanks. btw is the longue all day drinks (at least for non-alcoholic) or have to follow their schedules?

i see but in the email comments its says 'complimentary upgrade' ? unless its just +1 category which in my case would be from a studio to a deluxe.

appreciate the responses.
Complimentary upgrade based on availability. The last word is rather important Also upgrade can be same room type and better view if the hotel has room categories based on what view there are from the rooms.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Jul 14, 2018 at 6:57 am
Old Jul 14, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I will be staying there in late November for 5nights. Any good specials that I should be aware of
Old Jul 14, 2018, 8:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by xar
Like most Singapore properties, this one is extremely tight with upgrades. One category is a good guess.

Originally Posted by rstidolph
I will be staying there in late November for 5 nights.
My condolences.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 11:16 am
Suspended

For an upcoming trip to SIN in August I have two reservations, one at this JWM South Beach (incl breakfast) and another at the StRegis (no breakfast, but I’m Plat).

Both reservations are for pretty much the same rate.

I’m hesitant on which to keep and which to cancel.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by M.dA.R.

For an upcoming trip to SIN in August I have two reservations, one at this JWM South Beach (incl breakfast) and another at the StRegis (no breakfast, but I’m Plat).

I’m hesitant on which to keep and which to cancel.

St Regis is a few blocks fromt he closest MRT station, yet it is on Orchard road (Rodeo drive of SIN)
JW is in the financial district, next door to the famous Raffles hotel and connected underground to 3 LARGE shopping malls

It really depends on what you want and why you are there.

I walk everywhere I can, so i walked from the JW to the Singapore flyer and over to Marina Bay Sands last winter, then took the MRT back, that would impossible from the St Regis, unless you are extremely fit and have the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.