Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Upgrade Experiences - Pre-Aug, 2018 Merger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz Upgrade Experiences - Pre-Aug, 2018 Merger

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by TommyC80
You will not get an upgrade to a club level room on FHR, or any other rate. RC, thankfully, very tightly controls access to the club (which is how they keep it from looking like an overcrowded airport lounge). If you want RC club level you're going to have to pay for it. Even this Platinum Premier doesn't get upgrades to the Club Level.
I have received, as a Platinum, upgrades to Club Level rooms but not the Club Lounge but you have to work at it.
Old May 15, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by danola
I have received, as a Platinum, upgrades to Club Level rooms but not the Club Lounge but you have to work at it.
What is the value of an upgrade to a club level room, without access to the club lounge? (assuming it's the same room class you booked)

Regards
Old May 15, 2015, 5:28 pm

Programs: Ritz-Carlton Gold, Hyatt Plat, AAdvantage Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by scubadu
What is the value of an upgrade to a club level room, without access to the club lounge? (assuming it's the same room class you booked)

Regards
$0
Old May 15, 2015, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thank you all for the opinion. End up with option 2!
Old May 16, 2015, 5:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TReckoner
$0
Agreed, that was my point

Regards
Old May 16, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
FHR at RC Tysons is something we use often. We love the place. A note about the FHR breakfast at that place.... The hotel has closed the only property owned restaurant that served breakfast. Now breakfast is served at American Eat-owned by a celebrity chef. Some packages including breakfast allow you to eat there-but not FHR! You have to take room service. Not nearly as good of a value. Especially when you have a couple of rooms.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 6:24 am

I didn't want to start a new thread so I thought if ask here. I'm looking to stay at the Ritz in DC on 22nd st. I was wondering if I should book through FHR or Ritz? I have a club level upgrade cert, ad I used the z38 code to check prices. It seems that the price is $439 with the z38 code so I can use the upgrade cert, but it's onky $419 for club level direct thought Ritz. Am I missing something here? Or is this just how ridiculous the ritz is? Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by mtrsprt56
I didn't want to start a new thread so I thought if ask here. I'm looking to stay at the Ritz in DC on 22nd st. I was wondering if I should book through FHR or Ritz? I have a club level upgrade cert, ad I used the z38 code to check prices. It seems that the price is $439 with the z38 code so I can use the upgrade cert, but it's onky $419 for club level direct thought Ritz. Am I missing something here? Or is this just how ridiculous the ritz is? Thanks in advance.
I looked at a sample date that matches your trip, Something seems off about that hotels reservation system, but I'm not seeing the same numbers you got entirely.

The sample I found had lowest available at 269, the premier at 299, club level at 419, z38 at 349.

I also looked at FHR and that's where it gets really interesting: there are only 2 room types here but fhr offers 3 rates at 269, 299, ... and 349. 349 is the one right under club level, but has the same description as the 269 room.

While TommyC80 says you can't get upgrade to club level, I've read anecdotes of getting the room at least upgraded to club level (not lounge access) if you book the next rate down.

if the ideal value is like what I saw where 269 is the lowest available rate for any room which is what you should get, I would call to book the room through ritz and apply the upgrade and they should match the lowest available standard rate.

If they don't and you are seeing the rates that I saw on FHR I would call the number on the FHR website and ask which rates are eligible for compllimentary upgrades and the difference between the 349 and 269.

If either way you can't get less than 349, I'd just FHR it, since there are much better situations I would be able use those certs for.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 9:49 am

I looked at a sample date that matches your trip, Something seems off about that hotels reservation system, but I'm not seeing the same numbers you got entirely.

The sample I found had lowest available at 269, the premier at 299, club level at 419, z38 at 349.

I also looked at FHR and that's where it gets really interesting: there are only 2 room types here but fhr offers 3 rates at 269, 299, ... and 349. 349 is the one right under club level, but has the same description as the 269 room.

While TommyC80 says you can't get upgrade to club level, I've read anecdotes of getting the room at least upgraded to club level (not lounge access) if you book the next rate down.

if the ideal value is like what I saw where 269 is the lowest available rate for any room which is what you should get, I would call to book the room through ritz and apply the upgrade and they should match the lowest available standard rate.

If they don't and you are seeing the rates that I saw on FHR I would call the number on the FHR website and ask which rates are eligible for compllimentary upgrades and the difference between the 349 and 269.

If either way you can't get less than 349, I'd just FHR it, since there are much better situations I would be able use those certs for.
Thank you for that information!! And thank you even more for taking the time to look! Those are exactly the rates I saw for this weekend.

I will try to call Ritz and apply the cert, they are expiring in August, and honestly I don't have any other plans to stay at a Ritz anytime soon which is why I wanted to use one of them. I still have my free night cert also from the RC Card, but I'm not sure if a club cert can be also applied ontop of the free night cert.

Either way, I'll let you know how it goes, thank you again!
Old Jun 4, 2015, 10:04 am

Nevermind, after a loooong hold they gave me the $269 rate and applied the cert. Thanks again for your help TReckoner!!

Last edited by mtrsprt56; Jun 4, 2015 at 10:12 am
Old Jun 4, 2015, 10:22 am

Found the answer to my own question.

Last edited by mtrsprt56; Jun 4, 2015 at 10:40 am
Old Jun 4, 2015, 11:07 am

Nevermind, after a loooong hold they gave me the $269 rate and applied the cert. Thanks again for your help TReckoner!!
Glad I could help.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 1:04 pm

Glad I could help.
Sorry, one more question, does club level come with $100 hotel credit, or is that only with a two night stay?
Old Jun 4, 2015, 3:25 pm

Sorry, one more question, does club level come with $100 hotel credit, or is that only with a two night stay?
As far as I know, the terms are being enforced which state the $100 credit is conditional upon completion of a 2 night stay, I believe you can do the club level upgrade without the $100 credit, but I'd recommend you clarify that with reservations ahead of time since I think it is a separate rate reservation than the 2+ night club level upgrade redemption. There is a $100 credit for FHR too.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 5:09 pm

As far as I know, the terms are being enforced which state the $100 credit is conditional upon completion of a 2 night stay, I believe you can do the club level upgrade without the $100 credit, but I'd recommend you clarify that with reservations ahead of time since I think it is a separate rate reservation than the 2+ night club level upgrade redemption. There is a $100 credit for FHR too.
Thank you again for your response. In that case, screw it, I'm not gonna try to bother dealing with Ritz for the $100 credit, and if I had booked through FHR, wouldn't that mean I couldn't use the club level upgrade cert since you have to pay using the Ritz card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.