Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Upgrade Experiences - Pre-Aug, 2018 Merger

Ritz Upgrade Experiences - Pre-Aug, 2018 Merger

Old Dec 13, 2014, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by CaroPalms
My certs expire in April and I tried using them for a stay in September. They told me I couldn't so it seems as they can only be used for stays before the expiration date. Doesn't make sense to me since they're technically being used upon redemption.
Damn. Wonder if Chase will just renew them now for me.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by bu08usc11
Damn. Wonder if Chase will just renew them now for me.
Confirmed, they will extend them if you ask nicely. Mine was 10/1/15 and I am using it mid November.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 4:50 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
I would like to piggy back on this thread....

I have tried to use a certificate for the first time for the Abama hotel in Tenerife. The first time I called to apply it, I had a new person on the line who made me wait for a long time only to come back and tell me an upgrade was not possible, because this hotel does not participate in this upgrade program. I doubted this information, so I called again house later and, also after a long wait, received the information that an upgrade is not possible because there is no availability.If I look at the web page (7-9 Jan 2015) I see good availability for club rooms. She suggested I call back in the future to check again. Does anyone know what the capacity controls are? Or perhaps I got an ill-informed agent again?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 6:08 pm

No idea on cap control but were you calling the hotel or Marriott cust serv?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:01 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by bu08usc11
No idea on cap control but were you calling the hotel or Marriott cust serv?
The first time I called the ritz carlton number and the second time the marriott international reservations number.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:46 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

Not sure if it is important to anyone, but the agent on the second call said that she had to enter Z34 into her system to check availability.

I am going to call again today and see if I get different results. Also, I am trying to apply this to the best available rate on the Ritz Carlton site. It is not a pre-paid or package rate.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by cbellero
Not sure if it is important to anyone, but the agent on the second call said that she had to enter Z34 into her system to check availability.

I am going to call again today and see if I get different results. Also, I am trying to apply this to the best available rate on the Ritz Carlton site. It is not a pre-paid or package rate.
The Z34 code should be for the $100 credit for a two night stay (you can search rooms using this). Z38 is for the club level upgrade and is restricted online (you have to call to book), and you can combine both promotions.

I've usually tried entering in the Z34 code for a two night stay as a gauge of the club level upgrade availability and pricing. If there's a non-club level room and a club level room shown for Z34, IME the club level room upgrade has always been available when I've called to book. For your dates, I didn't see any club level availability using the Z34 code.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 10:14 am

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
What if the Club Lounge is closed seasonally?

Then is there no availability or do they give other benefits?

- naroowal
Old Feb 9, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
Originally Posted by naroowal
Then is there no availability or do they give other benefits?

- naroowal
An expanding on this question, can the upgrade cert be used at hotels with no Club, so they provide free breakfast in the restaurant and some free appetizers in the evening?
Old Feb 9, 2015, 2:39 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by HookEm
can the upgrade cert be used at hotels with no Club, so they provide free breakfast in the restaurant and some free appetizers in the evening?
With all due respect, most RCs are not free-apps-in-the-afternoon kinds of places. If you're looking for free breakfast at non-Club hotels, you might consider booking through Virtuoso or Amex FHR.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 9:14 am
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by HookEm
An expanding on this question, can the upgrade cert be used at hotels with no Club, so they provide free breakfast in the restaurant and some free appetizers in the evening?
What Ritz-Carlton has no club? What Ritz-Carlton has no club, but has a club level?
Old Feb 12, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by NDN
What Ritz-Carlton has no club? What Ritz-Carlton has no club, but has a club level?
Although all Ritzes have clubs, there are those that are closed seasonally - Grand Cayman Club is closed between Aug and Nov 20th.

- naroowal
Old Mar 9, 2015, 2:21 pm

Guess there is no way to use certificates on an award booked with points?
Old Mar 9, 2015, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by naroowal
Although all Ritzes have clubs, there are those that are closed seasonally - Grand Cayman Club is closed between Aug and Nov 20th.

- naroowal
This is not true.

The Ritz Carlton Georgetown does not have a club level.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 12:44 pm

Programs: Too many programs and miles/points to list
Ritz CC Upgrades use on Marriott stay?

My wife got the Ritz Carlton card with a huge bonus and 3 stay upgrades to Club Level last month. We got it just for the Marriott points and have seen a few things mentioned where people were able to use the RC upgrades on their Marriott stays.

Has anyone successfully done this and if so could you describe the process? We are going to Aruba for a 7 night stay and would love to use the RC upgrade on that stay. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.