Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Stockholm, Sweden

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Stockholm, Sweden

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Just booked the Nobis for July - was 1,000 cheaper than the Sheraton (1800 vs. 2800).

So if I understand, they don't really give any perks - so all I can expect is that I get my stay credit & points? Anything else you can request once arrive? Upgrades? Probably not, and I'm only Gold anyway...looking forward to my 1st trip back to Sweden since 1991!
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
The Nobis is a great hotel in a very good location. Your rate is good. When I stayed there I was upgraded to a really nice room. The standard rooms are small.

​​do check out the bar - it's sleek and busy - in a good way.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by rwm818
Just booked the Nobis for July - was 1,000 cheaper than the Sheraton (1800 vs. 2800).

So if I understand, they don't really give any perks - so all I can expect is that I get my stay credit & points? Anything else you can request once arrive? Upgrades? Probably not, and I'm only Gold anyway...looking forward to my 1st trip back to Sweden since 1991!
Originally Posted by remymartin
The Nobis is a great hotel in a very good location. Your rate is good. When I stayed there I was upgraded to a really nice room. The standard rooms are small.

​​do check out the bar - it's sleek and busy - in a good way.
Agreed. Nobis rooms are small-ish. The courtyard views are dark and the city views while light and bright come with noise. You have to pick your poison. They also go with design over function in the rooms so many things are annoying (but look great). They do not have closets or places to put away your clothes, so if you are 2 people someone must keep stuff in their suitcase (at least this was true years back when I stayed there). I wouldn't pay the extra for the Sheraton either - but while cute, the Nobis isn't all that.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 3:25 am

Programs: LH/*A Gold, BA/OW Emerald, EK Silver, SPG Plat, HH Gold
I stayed in all of them a couple of times.
I really like the Miss Clara by Nobis because I find historic hotels / hotels in historic buildings interesting even though the rooms are small. The Nobis is nice as well. The Sheraton is just huge and nothing special. The Stallmastaregarden Hotel (what a name...) is nice as well, but the location is not ideal for city trip. But if you want an excellent restaurant and a clam and cozy hotel the Stallmastaregarden is a good option.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 4:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Stallmästaregården is nice if you don't mind the location. The park is beautiful to walk/jog through, but it's about a ten minute drive to the Central station (although the airport bus drops off about 500 yards away from the hotel so might not be needed). Quaint - two levels I think and small rooms, but very nice breakfast setup. No special platinum treatment.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 5:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Had a wonderful stay at Miss Clara last year. Received an upgrade to a loft suite. The location was a bit further from the water, but Stockholm is quite walkable. No breakfast though since it's a Design Hotel. Nice to stay somewhere that wasn't cookie cutter.

It's great there are so many options. I don't think you can go wrong from reading various reviews.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:41 pm

Opinions please.
Looking to stay at a hotel in Stockholm at the end of September for 4 nights. I am gold SPG. For about a similar price I can either stay at:
Sheraton -lake view room, or a club floor (king, no view) or junior suite (courtyard view)
Nobis -small double
Miss Clata -superior corner.
Any preferences? Thanks in advance
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yettimatty
Opinions please.
Looking to stay at a hotel in Stockholm at the end of September for 4 nights. I am gold SPG. For about a similar price I can either stay at:
Sheraton -lake view room, or a club floor (king, no view) or junior suite (courtyard view)
Nobis -small double
Miss Clata -superior corner.
Any preferences? Thanks in advance
You would need to prioritise view/location/room size/benefits to get hte best possible assessment. The standard rooms at the Sheraton are quite roomy, club would pressumbly give you lounge benefits (basic breakfast and evening drinks/canapés) and while the junior suite (courtyard) is big, the views can be pretty grim. I have stayed at the latter once in a low floor and it was rather dark.

Nobis location I really enjoy but small double sounds.. well, small. No additional benefits attached.

Miss Clara I'm not much of a fan of the location, but it's perfectly fine otherwise.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I stayed at Miss Clara on points in July. Rooms aren't big, but I didn't find rooms to be big throughout Scandinavia. It was more than enough room for my wife and I. I thought the location was OK, you can walk to the water and Gamla Stan inside 15 minutes and there were plenty of places nearby.

We received free breakfast (platinum via Marriott), the nice check in person said she would provide it. So that was nice and it was a good (standard Scandinavian breakfast) spread. Definitely enough to fill yourself up until dinner if you want.

It is the only property I have stayed at in Stockholm, so can't compare to the others, but I would definitely stay there again.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: US CP, AA Plat, DL Silver, EY Gold, Kimpton IC, SPG Plat
Just stayed at the sheraton. Was upgraded to a huge executive suite using an SNA. All windows faced old town and had great views.

The lounge is under renovation and temporarily located on the second floor. Lounge selection in the evening is quite good.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

I've stayed in all properties except the one on Skeppsholmen ("Hotel Skeppsholmen"). I'm wondering how the area is this time of the year? It seems like more of a summer place. The standard rooms are listed as 14-16m2. I do not feel comfortable without an upgrade. Should I pass or do they upgrade?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Anyone? :|

@TravelinSperry ?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:20 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

OK Hotel - Located in a quiet part of Stockholm

Hotel J

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Hotel J

Ellensviksvägen 1 Nacka Strand, SE Ellensviks

OK Hotel - Located in a quiet part of Stockholm (5 Photos)

Hotel J

This will depend on your purpose. Since I have visited Stockholm numerous times and did not intend to go into the city center the location was good for me.  I had a car, so there was no dependency on the public transportation which I think could be an issue if the main purpose is to use this hotel as base for Stockholm city sightseeing.  The hotel is located in a very quiet part and there are lots of greenery around the hotel.  There is a public boat service to different archipelagos around the Stockholm area.  It is about 40-60 mins away from ARN airport - depending on traffic.IMG_20171111_104120253_HDR.jpgIMG_20171112_103842031_HDR.jpg

Check In

Arrived very late in the evening, so check in was fast. No mention or recognition of any SPG elite benefits.  When asking, the associate was not sure what or if any was available.  

Room

The room was situated in the new building, which is situated on top of the small hill from the main building (where reception and bar/lounge room is located).  Did not see any lift available, so if you have large luggage, it could be an difficult to bring them up the flight of stairs to this building.

Room was located on the highest floor with a view towards the water.  (I believe all rooms have this view).  There was a rather large balcony area which would be perfect for a nice clear day to spend outside especially when the temperature was warmer.  Seems to be that they must have given me the higest floor room as a sort of upgrade.  There was a small pack of in house chocolates as a welcome gift (not sure if this is for all guests or due to my SPG status).

Design is scandinavian (equals bare minimum) with lots of influence from the J-yacht used in the America's cup - Red, White and Blue. Minimalist design.  

Bathroom was well appointed with a walk in shower and bathtub.  The size was ok and was with heated floor.  Water pressure and temperature was very good.  Toiletries was from Nordic Musk.

Only downside of the room for me was the missing tea/coffee making facilities and very limited selection of tv channels (< 10 selections).  There was also no rack for your bags, so you will have to place it on the floor.

Bed was good with a not too hard or soft mattress.  Only minor complain is the pillows are rather small and flat, even with 2 pillows, if you like higher pillows, this would be an issue.  IMG_20171111_001805899.jpgIMG_20171111_001814479.jpgIMG_20171111_084416560_HDR.jpg

Service

Staff in general was OK, but like most service oriented services in Sweden, did not feel the warm welcome feeling from the staff, not that they were rude, just missed that warmth feeling.  Also do not expect them to be fake friendly like most US properties.  

Overall

In general an OK hotel, nothing more nothing less.  Would I return, maybe if the price is right, but chances are small since there are not much SPG recognition and especially if the purpose is to go into the city center depending on public transportation, this could be an issue.  Also there are not too many interesting places around the hotel without a car or walkable.  In summer this could be a nice location but only if you are into water activities or just want a tranquil place to relax with the once in a while trip to the city or the nearby shopping mall (5-10 mins by car). 

OK Hotel - Located in a quiet part of Stockholm

Would you like to write a review on the Hotel J?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Dec 12, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
How is the Nobis at SPG recognition? Do Plats often receive an upgrade?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
I'll try bumping this thread to see if there are any new thoughts on the Nobis or Sheraton comparison. Interested in hearing if there are any Plat. benefits at Nobis.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.