FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Stockholm, Sweden (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1792524-marriott-bonvoy-hotels-stockholm-sweden.html)

remymartin Sep 23, 2016 1:07 am

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Stockholm, Sweden

With the signing of 5 new Design Hotels in Stockholm, I'm struggling to find information about them on FT:

in addition to the wellknown https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star...er-thread.html in town. Has anyone stayed in the other Design Hotels and could you give a summary on how the properties compare?

TravelinSperry Sep 23, 2016 4:34 am

I stayed at the Nobis Hotel and the Sheraton. The Nobis has a better locale. But the rooms are smaller although newer. At the time Nobis wasn't part of a loyalty program so didn't get any perks. Assuming you're solo and don't mind the smallish room I'd go Nobis.

remymartin Sep 23, 2016 7:07 am

Thanks, TravelinSperry!

I've been well treated at the Sheraton, but would like to go for something I've not tried yet. Perhaps it's time I pitch in by creating a first review (and subsequently, a master thread) before they turn off the lights on #spglife.

willphillipson Sep 26, 2016 3:07 am

I've stayed at the Miss Clara, Nobis and Sheraton. Treated very well at all three - though rooms are smaller at the Design Hotels. I will say, the restaurant at Nobis was fantastic! I prefer the Design hotels over the Sheraton - they're much more cozy in feel.

GUWonder Sep 26, 2016 4:01 am

Originally Posted by remymartin (Post 27250800)
With the signing of 5 new Design Hotels in Stockholm, I'm struggling to find information about them on FT:

in addition to the wellknown http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html in town. Has anyone stayed in the other Design Hotels and could you give a summary on how the properties compare?

I've been at all of them other than Stallmastaregarden, but most of that was independent of SPG.

Nobis or Sheraton are the main two ones I use out of the SPG relationship properties. That said, location matters more for me than a lot of other things.

Duke777 Sep 26, 2016 6:43 am

I stayed at the Nobis back in July on points and really enjoyed its charm. Even though they have limited participation in SPG, I was upgraded to a large, bi-level suite. The location was convenient for walking around town (Stockholm is quite walkable). The service was friendly. I didn't try the restaurant or bar, but they looked pretty popular.

laughinlab2001 Oct 1, 2016 3:19 pm

I stayed at Miss Clara last month, it was fantastic!

SFOisHome Nov 14, 2016 12:24 pm

We typically stay at the Sheraton when we visit Stockholm. The last few times opting to (gulp) stay with family instead. The Sheraton location was not great for us, bc we felt trapped in tourist land. The last time we were there about 2 years ago, we were upgraded to a large corner suite with a living room that could be locked off, which was perfect to have the family come visit. The Sheraton was fine, nothing overly special.

This year we are staying at the Nobis, mostly for location and to try something different. It's much more convenient to my in-laws and local cafes, shoppes, that we like to go to. Any other Plats stayed recently and have any stories of upgrades? We are going for Xmas and typically the Sheraton has been super dead in previous years, so I expect the same here.

Duke777 Nov 14, 2016 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by SFOisHome (Post 27479261)
We typically stay at the Sheraton when we visit Stockholm. The last few times opting to (gulp) stay with family instead. The Sheraton location was not great for us, bc we felt trapped in tourist land. The last time we were there about 2 years ago, we were upgraded to a large corner suite with a living room that could be locked off, which was perfect to have the family come visit. The Sheraton was fine, nothing overly special.

This year we are staying at the Nobis, mostly for location and to try something different. It's much more convenient to my in-laws and local cafes, shoppes, that we like to go to. Any other Plats stayed recently and have any stories of upgrades? We are going for Xmas and typically the Sheraton has been super dead in previous years, so I expect the same here.

I stayed at the Nobis on points back in July for 3 nights and was upgraded to a large 2-story loft suite. Pleasant surprise as the hotel was showing full (which may have contributed to the upgrade). Loved the uniqueness of the property!

SanDiego1K Apr 5, 2017 9:31 pm

Any more reports? How is access from the airport to any of the Design Hotels?

yapak2 Apr 5, 2017 10:27 pm

i stayed a few times at the Stallmasteregarden, albeit some 5 years back.
Of course this is not your typically business oriented hotel but more of a boutique/family run property.
I really really liked the place a lot. Nice rooms, great food and beautiful location, however,
- make sure you have a room facing the lake or inner court and not the street,
- accept the fact that it isnt really a central location and
- that it can be a bit noisy, as it is indeed bordering onto the highway that heads out to the airport.

I would go again though, absolutely no doubt about it.
Come to think of it i had some of the best food at that hotel.
And being an SPG "slave" for many years now, I spent more nights at this place than at the Sheraton, which should give you an idea.

willphillipson Apr 6, 2017 1:23 am

Downtown is is easily accessible with the Arlanda Express train. Sheraton is 2/3 blocks from the station. Nobis and Miss Clara are 10-12 blocks I think - easily walkable, or taxi, or if you're brave, public transit. :-)

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 28135912)
Any more reports? How is access from the airport to any of the Design Hotels?

acrophobia Apr 6, 2017 7:19 am

I'd like to piggyback on this thread to ask which Starwood property in Stockholm with an 18 month old (so larger standard rooms are needed to accommodate a small crib). I will be there for two short spells in late May and early June with my son, and am looking for a place near the sights. I currently have cash reservations at the Sheraton, but looking at rebooking with points. Thanks.

jmanirish Apr 6, 2017 9:51 am

Originally Posted by acrophobia (Post 28137377)
I'd like to piggyback on this thread to ask which Starwood property in Stockholm with an 18 month old (so larger standard rooms are needed to accommodate a small crib). I will be there for two short spells in late May and early June with my son, and am looking for a place near the sights. I currently have cash reservations at the Sheraton, but looking at rebooking with points. Thanks.

I can't speak to the Design properties, as I've only stayed at the Sheraton.

I mainly picked it because it was centrally located and I could get a C+P stay and I had a flight arriving at 10am, so wanted the guaranteed early check in with my 24 hour benefit.

Ended up being a great stay. Even with the early check in was upgraded to a top floor room with a balcony/view (although I don't remember it being huge, I do remember it being on the bigger end for a European hotel). Lounge access was nice too (especially being able to grab a nespresso from it mid day, and having some wine/beer/cocktails during the early evening reception).

jbjelloid Apr 6, 2017 9:57 am

I've stayed at the Stallmastaregarden. It is definitely out of the way but my tranquil dawn walk through the neighboring park made it all worthwhile. Next time I'll probably head to the Sheraton though.