Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard New York Manhattan / World Trade Center [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryw
ryw provided this info (valid as of Nov 8/18):

There's a "lounge" for all Marriott Rewards members in the 6th floor sky lobby, though it's really just a sign separating half of the seating in the lobby/bar area, and it's not tightly enforced. However, there's a coffee machine, set of snack dispensers (Reeses' pieces, Pretzels, and Chex Mix), and a cooler of complimentary bottles of water in this area. The lobby also has the business center printers and an outdoor deck that's nice (and I suspect much more crowded when it's warmer).

The 6th floor lobby has their version of the Bistro (though they call it a different name). In addition, they offer a buffet breakfast in the lobby (6:30-10am weekdays, 7-11am weekends), with the basics that you'd find at a basic concierge lounge or FI or SHS - drip coffee, scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, breads, and yogurt. Free for platinum members plus 2 guests ($14 for non-members, 50% off for gold , 25% off for silver, 10% off for regular MR members).
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2016, 11:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...e-center-area/

Category 7. Originally said opening Summer 2016, now says October 2016.

"Experience the NEW Courtyard New York Manhattan / World Trade Center hotel offering a modern décor and just steps away from the National September 11 Memorial & Museum and One World Observatory. Our Lower Manhattan hotel is conveniently located near New York City’s bustling financial district including Wall Street and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).

The flexible work spaces and complimentary Wi-Fi in our World Trade Center hotel in Manhattan are perfect for business travelers and leisure vacationers. Guest rooms feature modern furnishings and luxurious bedding for comfortable stays in our New York City hotel offering astonishing views of the city.

Take advantage of convenient access to nearby neighborhoods SoHo, Tribeca and Greenwich Village along with Battery Park and the South Street Seaport. "

Cheers.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 5:12 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
3 Marriott properties soclosetogether (Marriott Downtown, Residence Inn WTC, and now this).

I'm sticking with my res at the RI-WTC for next year unless the prices come down significantly on the other two.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 8:16 am

I am here now. Its a nice property. Typical Courtyard. Typical NYC hotel room. 245sq ft. The picture on the web page is accurate. 12 ft ceilings make it feel spacious. Harbor view is OK. Depending on the cost I might reccomend picking the WTC view rooms.

Desk that is more like a table that you can work at, with a chair. USB chargers in all the power plugs. Accent wall is nice. Small refrigerator. Keruig machine.

Breakfast is in the Bistro, but its not called the Bistro. Its on the 6th florr and you have all the chairs and things you would see in a typical Courtyard lobby. Coffee is not overpriced.

For our stay this was the cheapest in NYC. Great deal and a 2 block walk to the 4/5 Subway.

Final note. The windows open. This is awesome. Also, when I opened the window at 2am, it created this wind tunnel from under the door and to the outside. Seriously a 50 mph jet stream. You could hear the wind screaming from under the door. This had the science/weather geek in me super happy. Then I fell back asleep.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 8:49 am

Anyone have information about the room type "Premium 1 WTC View, Larger Guest room, 2 Double, Corner room"? On the Marriott site there is one photo but no information on the size. Cash price is quite a bit a more than most other room types although I was able to book it with points for the usual amount.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold
Completed a 2-night cash stay at this property over the weekend. Paid $210/night all in, which was very reasonable especially considering the high quality of the property relative to most of Marriott’s limited service offerings in NYC. The property’s build quality is higher than most of the mid-block towers you find in Times Square/Hell’s Kitchen/Chelsea area. As another poster mentioned, the windows open which is a very nice plus. We were upgraded to a corner room with WTC views – very pleasant. Location is highly desirable as you are one block from the entrance to the Westfield WTC/Oculus/Path Train/Fulton Center station. In other words, you can access essentially all NYC trains with a one block walk, plus all the shopping and amenities of that center. If you are looking for proximity to midtown or UES/UWS locations, of course, this will be a disadvantage. I’d book this location again and again.

One quick note to the downside, even though there are four elevators, the wait times were quite high. My guess is that with there being a sky lobby with restaurant/coffee shop on 6th floor, there is too much traffic between floors 1 and 6 for the upper floors to be efficiently serviced.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold
One more quick note. As of this posting (April 2018) the hotel is directly next to (think 10 feet away from) a construction site of equal or greater height. If your room faces the harbor (south) you will be looking directly into construction, and hearing it, during your stay. Request a room facing the WTC, or as far towards the north of the property as possible, to avoid this. My guess is the construction has 8-12 more months or so to complete.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the updates - much appreciated!

Cheers.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Nash_Andrew
One more quick note. As of this posting (April 2018) the hotel is directly next to (think 10 feet away from) a construction site of equal or greater height. If your room faces the harbor (south) you will be looking directly into construction, and hearing it, during your stay. Request a room facing the WTC, or as far towards the north of the property as possible, to avoid this. My guess is the construction has 8-12 more months or so to complete.
LOL. I just came back from a ome-nighter at thr FI just down the block and, while the room was fine, same issue. Huge construction all around, including ones that start with heavy construction as early as 7am. There’s no way even the best of windows can block, or even tamp down, that sound. I was on the 18th floor and it was awful, though I needed to get up by then anyway. Not the hotel’s fault, and presumably a temporary issue, but just fair warning...
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:44 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Just finished a stay at this property. Construction is still going on to the south of the building. There's lots of scaffolding up over the street where the main entrance is, so to get to the lobby door you have to go down a rather narrow covered sidewalk.

Overall I was thoroughly impressed on elite recognition here compared to other Courtyards. My room wasn't ready when I arrived, so they comp'd me a beverage at the hotel bar while waiting for the room. I booked a double room, and got upgraded to a WTC view (which is on the side of the hotel opposite of the construction, which is still ongoing) - it's a pretty impressive view, as you can see the 9/11 memorial as well as the World Trade Center, as well as the Hudson river (I believe rooms ending in 11 will be doubles on that corner of the building).

The room is pretty decently sized for NYC standards, definitely enough space for 2 people. The TV has the internet apps if that's of interest to folks. Bathroom had a shower-only with glass door. Lots of power outlets around the room.

There's a "lounge" for all Marriott Rewards members in the 6th floor sky lobby, though it's really just a sign and half of the seating in the lobby/bar area, and it's not tightly enforced. However, there's a coffee machine, set of snack dispensers (Reeses' pieces, Pretzels, and Chex Mix), and a cooler of complimentary bottles of water. The lobby also has the business center printers and an outrood deck that's nice (and I suspect I would've spent more time there if it were warmer).

The big plus was that they offer a buffet breakfast, with the basics that you'd find at a basic concierge lounge or FI or SHS - scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, breads, and yogurt. Free for platinum members ($14 for non-members, 50% off for gold members, 25% off for silver, 10% off for regular MR members).

The only real downside (as in any large high rise) is that the elevators got crowded going down in the morning, even with 5 guest elevators. But at a Cat 4 redemption, I'd definitely consider come back here if on points, or if it's at the right price and I need to be in lower Manhattan.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated. I've created a wiki with some of the info you provided.

Cheers.
ryw likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 9:54 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Platinum Elite, Accor Platinum, AC SE, MPC SL
Booked this hotel Feb 26-Mar 1 and planning to use my SNAs but I don’t see the suite as an option in the SNA upgrade page. It is available if you want to book it with cash though.

What gives?

Thank you.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 7:49 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
This one is odd. I walked by this hotel tonight and saw that it appeared to be closed and going under renovation. It opened a few years ago - I was curious and looked into it. It appears a German company bought the property and will be rebranding it as a Motel One, which is a German budget brand.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...york-property/

The Marriott website lists the property as “reopening in August” so we will see. However the Courtyard signage had been removed from the property and construction guys were clearly going in for renovations.

This property is about 100 yards away from the Downtown Marriott, the now closed W Downtown and a few other Marriott hotels so not sure they needed any more Marriott options around here anyway
Old Jun 8, 2023, 7:35 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
any recent stays? Recent reviews on TripAdvisor not too good .
Old Jun 16, 2023, 10:21 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Courtyard NY Marriott World Trade Center area (mini review)

I knew in advance that this wasn't going to be any fancy but it was just for a night and I wanted to stay in the financial area. The hotel was sold out so I wasn't the only one who considered this hotel. The room rate was 260USD.
The room is of course small but not smaller than your typical hotel room for budget hotels in NY. There were 2 water bottles but they were so small that they were laughable. The bathroom was also small but still functional, there was only little space to hang towels. The wardrobe in the room was also so small that I hadn't even noticed it at first.

As you see, the main theme of this story is small :-). The room would have been OK though if it hadn't been so noisy. You could hear everything in the hallway (it made me check if the door was properly closed). The A/C unit was very noisy (not only the monotone buzzing, but every once in a while the A/C made chirping noises as well).

Next to our room was a door to a maintenance room and a lot of noise was coming from that room. Even when our door was closed we could hear it.
We went straight back to the reception to ask if they had other rooms available. It was 3 PM and they said to check back after check-in was complete (not sure what's the logic there)

When we came back from our Yankees game we stopped by the reception again and they sent up somebody from maintenance. He said it was a broken water pump that created all the noise and that he had contacted reception and asked to move us. Because they were sold out they offered us 1000 points (instead of the usual 500 because we were Gold members)

In retrospect, ridiculously little, but I was already too tired to make a point of it. The next day at check-out, after a bad night, I was even more tired and so I didn't make an issue of it.

This post is not to whine but rather so that others know what to expect. There're plenty of other hotels in the area, including other Marriott hotels. It's safer to choose one of those if you want a good night's sleep.

UPDATE: Thanks moderators for merging this thread. Seems like the CY can now be in a different building from where it used to be. The current property only has 2 elevators whereas the old one seemed to have 5.

Last edited by kcaluwae; Jun 22, 2023 at 5:26 am
Old Jun 30, 2023, 8:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by kcaluwae
The A/C unit was very noisy (not only the monotone buzzing, but every once in a while the A/C made chirping noises as well).

The current property only has 2 elevators whereas the old one seemed to have 5.
I just had a stay here and will never return. The A/C was freakin noisy. It kind of whined over and over. I had to switch it off for us to sleep. There was also mold in the shower. I did not expect these issues for a new property.

And yes, there are only 2 elevators. Not sure why a prior post said there are 5. Was there a different CY with the same name?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.