Wiki Posts
Search

Babymoon ideas in Continental US?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, SWA Companion Pass, United Silver
Originally Posted by zagguru
Looking into it now. Thanks!
Are the pools heated? And do the have beach service?
Have you stayed at both RC SB and RC LN?.
Pools are all heated, and very nice. I've been to both the Laguna and SB properties (and have stayed at it prior to the Ritz-rebrand), and hands-down would choose the SB location over Laguna. Ojai Valley Inn is nicer than both properties, but not close to the beach (15 minute drive to PCH beaches north of Ventura). If you're willing to drop some dough on this trip, there's a new hotel opening in Montecito (Miramar) that is right on the water (like the Bacara), and will have a full service beach-club right on the water. There's also the Biltmore in Montecito, which is right across from Butterfly Beach (also an excellent choice).
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:43 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Is there no beach service at the Laguna Cliffs? Everything you said about the Ritz LN sounds great! Are the pools heated? Hows the beach water temperature during that month? Also, would you fly into SNA or LAX?

We live at the beach in La Jolla so haven't used the beach at either property. I am pretty sure the pools are heated. In addition to being surprised by our cloudy May & June weather, East Coasters are often surprised at how cold the Pacific Ocean is- probably 60-63 degrees in June. And while I agree that Laguna gets crazy in July and August, the heavy tourist season doesn't really kick in until kids are out of school. ( In Cali- mid June)

NO question that if you are staying in OC you want SNA. It's a small, easy to navigate airport and way less hassle than LAX.

RE: Santa Barbara. It is really beautiful too and will have a more relaxed pace. We have stayed at the Belmond Encanto but have not tried the Ritz yet. But LA traffic is a beast we prefer to avoid. We like trains so we take the train there from San Diego.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:50 pm

Does the RC Laguna also not allowed to have beach chairs on the beach? If thats the case, how does there beach butler service work?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:52 pm

Aside from the Cali and Grand Cayman options, any other less than 7 hour flights from east coast worth looking into? (we just been to Atlantis, so dont want to redo that trip in June)
Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:09 pm

Does the RC Laguna also not allowed to have beach chairs on the beach? If thats the case, how does there beach butler service work?
I think their beach service provides you with towels, umbrellas, etc and is covered by the resort fee. I don't remember how they had their setup, just that the adjacent beach (Salt Creek IIRC), can be crowded.

One alternative I just thought of is Terranea, which is situated on the cliffs of Rancho Palos Verdes. It is pretty incredible, comparable in price to all these properties, and does have its own small, secluded, private beach. And it has great pools for lounging, too.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by doggiefizzle

One alternative I just thought of is Terranea, which is situated on the cliffs of Rancho Palos Verdes. It is pretty incredible, comparable in price to all these properties, and does have its own small, secluded, private beach. And it has great pools for lounging, too.

Thanks but i want to just try and burn marriott points for this trip
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:00 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
If you have your passports, Cancun has some very nice beaches and pretty nice resorts. I just got back from my first ever trip there. We found $185/person fares on Southwest and it isn't a long flight to get there (at least for us traveling from Texas). We stayed at the JW Marriott, but there is "normal" Marriott resort right next door, a Westin not far, and there is an RC just down the beach a bit. If your really just wanting to lay around the pools and beaches and not do a lot of area sight seeing (which is what my wife and wanted) it worked out very nicely. Or you take the ferry over to Cozumel and there are a couple of Marriott options there as well. The beaches are awesome with very clear water.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by hhoope01
If you have your passports, Cancun has some very nice beaches and pretty nice resorts. I just got back from my first ever trip there. We found $185/person fares on Southwest and it isn't a long flight to get there (at least for us traveling from Texas). We stayed at the JW Marriott, but there is "normal" Marriott resort right next door, a Westin not far, and there is an RC just down the beach a bit. If your really just wanting to lay around the pools and beaches and not do a lot of area sight seeing (which is what my wife and wanted) it worked out very nicely. Or you take the ferry over to Cozumel and there are a couple of Marriott options there as well. The beaches are awesome with very clear water.

The problem is Zika
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:21 pm

I’ve got one more suggestion for you: Inn at Rancho Santa Fe. Excellent play recognition, every room is great on the property, which is really secluded. Not right “on the beach,” but just up the road from Cardiff and Solana Beach. I highly recommend this property, the grounds and pool area are immaculate (and great for relaxing), and there are tons of good restaurants right nearby. Might be a good way to burn some Marriott points in June. Alternatively you could try the Marriott on Coronado Island in San Diego, but it’s kind of a ho-hum location compared to the Del or the Loews.
zagguru likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:59 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
The problem is Zika
Didn't even think of that. My kids are in their mid to late 20s now.

A couple of other options might be the Harbor Beach Marriott in Ft. Lauderdale (it has its own pretty secluded section of beach and a nice pool and Spa as well.) And just south of there is the Hollywood Beach Marriott. It is more of a "boutique" hotel than a resort. The pool is actually very small for a beach hotel, but it is on a great stretch of beach to people watch if you like that. It's been a couple of years since I last stayed here, but the couple of times I did, I was upgraded to an oceanfront room and it actually has a lounge that as a Plat you get access to.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:23 am

I think right now I am really leaning towards RC Laguna or RC Grand Cayman. Now i just have to decide which one lol
Old Feb 23, 2019, 6:40 pm

My wife and I babymooned at the RC in Naples for baby #1 and it was incredible. The adult pool was great and quiet and the April weather was perfect. We didn’t leave the property except for one dinner over 4 days. It was a stay we will never forget and I’d highly recommend if that location is accessible for you.

i have a related question. With #2 on the way (due in October), I wanted to get the all knowing board’s opinion on potential Bonvoy properties for a summer time 2 night babymoon. Looking to do nothing but sit by a nice quiet pool and/or beach, while eating good meals. We’re in the DC area and need to fly on Delta so I can use my miles. Depending on the in laws availability to watch our oldest one, it will be a Friday-Sunday or Saturday-Monday trip. A few questions?

Would Florida be too hot? After an incredible award stay at the StR in NYC last year, we’re interested in the StR Bal Harbour but a June trip down there is concerning for my pregnant wife with the heat.

Other options I’m considering and looking for feedback on as it relates to the vibe/crowd/weather in mid-late June. Open to other suggestions within a pretty easy drive or flight as well!

RC Amelia Island - May be a little cooler that time of year
RC Naples - potential return trip
JW Amelia Island
RC Sarasota
Playa Largo
Hilton Head properties?

Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Notenoughfuntravel
My wife and I babymooned at the RC in Naples for baby #1 and it was incredible. The adult pool was great and quiet and the April weather was perfect. We didn’t leave the property except for one dinner over 4 days. It was a stay we will never forget and I’d highly recommend if that location is accessible for you.

i have a related question. With #2 on the way (due in October), I wanted to get the all knowing board’s opinion on potential Bonvoy properties for a summer time 2 night babymoon. Looking to do nothing but sit by a nice quiet pool and/or beach, while eating good meals. We’re in the DC area and need to fly on Delta so I can use my miles. Depending on the in laws availability to watch our oldest one, it will be a Friday-Sunday or Saturday-Monday trip. A few questions?

Would Florida be too hot? After an incredible award stay at the StR in NYC last year, we’re interested in the StR Bal Harbour but a June trip down there is concerning for my pregnant wife with the heat.

Other options I’m considering and looking for feedback on as it relates to the vibe/crowd/weather in mid-late June. Open to other suggestions within a pretty easy drive or flight as well!

RC Amelia Island - May be a little cooler that time of year
RC Naples - potential return trip
JW Amelia Island
RC Sarasota
Playa Largo
Hilton Head properties?

I know its not continental US, but what about Grand Cayman RC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.