Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Calgary Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Calgary Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: WS Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, AC 100K, INtercontinetal Ambassador, Avis Prefered Plus
Agreed they put on a very nice breakfast spread, just stay clear of the so called scrambled eggs, last time I was there they were the powdered type, but everything else was top notch including Starbuck's drip coffee or use the fancier coffee machine for latte's etc. Very airy comfortable lounge with contemporary feel.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does it still come up on priceline and if so with what parameters? Dont see anything fitting on hotwire...
Old Aug 10, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
If we're dropping a rental car and then coming to this Marriott, is it walking distance from the rental car center? It seems the Delta on the other side of the street/same side as the RCC would be easier, but we'd rather stay here.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
If we're dropping a rental car and then coming to this Marriott, is it walking distance from the rental car center? It seems the Delta on the other side of the street/same side as the RCC would be easier, but we'd rather stay here.
Super easy walk. Rental car center to the Delta Hotel is 3 minutes. To the Marriott is 4 minutes.

(Both are really nice properties, but the Marriott is the nicer of the two — and pretty much brand new.)
Old Aug 10, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerJ

Super easy walk. Rental car center to the Delta Hotel is 3 minutes. To the Marriott is 4 minutes.

(Both are really nice properties, but the Marriott is the nicer of the two — and pretty much brand new.)
Everything happens for a reason.

I had booked the Delta using a Chase 1-5 certificate. The agent screwed up the date. By 3 weeks (how does that happen?). While I was cancelling her mess-up, I noticed the Marriott - Cat. 5 vs. Cat. 4 for the Delta. Did some reading (here and otherwise) and decided to go with the Marriott. If she hadn't messed up the dates I'd be at the Delta. I'm hoping the Marriott, as a new build, has really good soundproofing for an airport hotel?
Old May 30, 2019, 7:31 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
I really like this hotel a lot. Have stayed a few times for one night each before early flights out of the international terminal, and in addition to being as conveniently located as you could ask for, it's also a remarkably nice hotel. Rooms are spacious and modern, ramp views are great if you get a room facing the airport (and extremely well soundproofed), and the staff are generally friendly and helpful.

But perhaps my favorite part is the club lounge, which has a remarkably excellent evening food spread with a good amount of variety from night to night and easily enough food to make a substantial dinner out of if you so chose (and even a decent number of healthy options). There's even a make-your-own-trail-mix station with to-go bags.

The club breakfast is good enough but more ordinary, but I really thought the evening spread was notably well above the North American below-luxury-hotel club lounge standard. Alcoholic drinks are chargeable but that's par for the course in this part of the world.

Whether it's worth the often substantial price premium over the other airport hotels is up for debate, but it's worth noting that the price does at least combine both a great hotel and the best possible location if you're coming from or heading to a flight, though the Delta, which I haven't tried, is a close second on that measure. The other airport hotels all require a shuttle to and from the terminal which is a big downside if you're using the hotel for airport access, but if you just need to stay in northeast Calgary and especially if you're going to have a car, the others may be easier.

(The new Westin is also nice enough, but IMO the Marriott is nicer mainly for the bigger rooms and a better Club lounge food spread; the Westin arguably has a better gym and perhaps better non-Club food options.)
unclepants and MDtR-Chicago like this.
Old May 4, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Any recent experiences? Club reopening ?
Old May 4, 2022, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
I stayed there in early April. Really nice stay.

The M Club lounge is open -- and back to regular service, at least in the evening. In the p.m., it was the normal offering -- hot and cold hors hors d'oeuvres, desserts, and a pay-for bar. One lounge attendant was there for the full evening. When I was there, the lounge didn't offer breakfast in the mornings -- but they provided free breakfast in the restaurant in lieu. (That was a month ago, so that may have changed by now.)

I wouldn't hesitate to stay there now. It was a great property pre-pandemic, and it's back to great again now.
yyzflyer and MDtR-Chicago like this.
Old May 4, 2022, 3:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by FlyerJ
I stayed there in early April. Really nice stay.

The M Club lounge is open -- and back to regular service, at least in the evening. In the p.m., it was the normal offering -- hot and cold hors hors d'oeuvres, desserts, and a pay-for bar. One lounge attendant was there for the full evening. When I was there, the lounge didn't offer breakfast in the mornings -- but they provided free breakfast in the restaurant in lieu. (That was a month ago, so that may have changed by now.)

I wouldn't hesitate to stay there now. It was a great property pre-pandemic, and it's back to great again now.
Thanks for the update. I'm there in a couple of weeks.
Old May 30, 2022, 10:14 am

Just wrapping up almost a week here and it's a very nice hotel. After a couple of minor glitches at the beginning (non-functional hair dryer, empty dispensers in shower) I have nothing bad to say. The exec lounge is excellent with varying choices daily at breakfast, supper-hour and dessert. Their parking system for guests with in-and-out privileges, which can be awkward at an in-airport location, is the best I've ever seen. Housekeeping is available every second day and is scheduled at check-in. We found this advantageous knowing when they were coming and supplies on the intervening days were readily available. Every staff we encountered was very pleasant. All staff are masked and guests are mixed. (Despite Marriott's retraction of mask requirements at their Canadian hotels last week, this hotel is physically in the airport, which is federally regulated, so mask signage is everywhere.) The elite recognition is a little weak, with only 1000 points or a one-time $10CAD credit as the welcome gift regardless of length of stay or number in party. However, this is offset by everything they get right. With expected need to visit Calgary more frequently in the future, this will be my "go-to" hotel.
FlyerJ likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 12:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Plan on staying there coming from the US around midnight - check in - work during the day and catch a 5:40pm flight to FRA

I'm platinum so Lounge is included (big +). Do they offer something after breakfast ... something for lunch (a few snack would do)?

Are the rooms set up that one could work from a laptop? Some hotel set ups are great and others not so much.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 4:57 am

I’ve stayed a half dozen times and every room I’ve been in has a desk and office chair.

Not aware of a midday spread, but the lobby restaurant is decent and I’m sure you could get room service delivered to the lounge as well.
Old Oct 29, 2023, 2:49 pm

I am going to try this place out next week only for one night.....Visiting family and meeting up with some friends we have not seen in a very long time. I anticipate the Saturday night to be a late one with an abundance of cocktails! So decided to crash at the Marriott and lounge all day in the room hydrating! Will take the 4PM check out as we have an evening flight. In bed all day (hopefully a good tarmac view), roll into the shower late afternoon and crawl over to our gate . Any recent stays?
Old Oct 29, 2023, 3:21 pm

I'm in Calgary at least once a year and try to stay here. With no need to actually go to downtown Calgary it's perfect for us. That said, it has gotten stupidly expensive recently but what hotel in Canada hasn't? The lounge is one of the best in the country and if you're into airport views it can't be beat.
Bravada04 and meepmix like this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 2:57 pm

Finished our one night stay here and really like this place! Very convenient from rental car drop off too - actually could not be more convenient. Used an SNA and was given a two bedroom corner suite which we thought was very nice. They also granted me a late check out for 5:00 PM without any hassle whatsoever. We found the staff to all be very friendly and customer service oriented 100%. This place is pricey for sure but really, really convenient plus it helps that it is fairly new. The Delta is literally a stones throw but it is the original airport hotel.
yyzflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.