Ritz Carlton Montreal [Master Thread]

Old Aug 15, 16, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Expl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Ritz Carlton Montreal [Master Thread]

I've done a search and haven't found any recent reviews of the Ritz Carlton Montreal. Any recent reviews of the hotel? I'd be going there with my wife as part of a vacation, possibly using the free nights that come with the new RC Chase card, but no dates planned yet.
Old Aug 16, 16, 6:51 am

Programs: A3*G, Fairmont Pl, Accor Pl, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Platinum
My wife and I are staying at the Ritz Carlton Montreal right now for her birthday and it is over the top.

The entire hotel was recently renovated and it was done extremely well. The rooms are luxurious but classy. All the lights, toilets etc have the latest technology. Great fitness centre with a steam room and an infinity pool on the roof with a patio and saunas.

There is also a great restaurant in the hotel: Maison Boulud. Booked through FHR and got a great upgrade, 12 noon check in, 4pm check out, breakfast for two at Maison Boulud and $100 US credit to use in the hotel (except at the Spa) - so we used it for afternoon tea and dinner.

But what was really over the top was the service. Everyone knew our name. Everyone wished my wife happy birthday. They delivered a whole chocolate cake to the room for her. Gave her a surprise dessert at the restaurant for dinner. Turn-down service with special gifts etc. . . . For me, the pool attendant turned the sauna to max (they are never hot enough), slippers, robes, moved chairs around to make sure I was comfortable etc. . . perfection really - nothing negative that we can say - except that the stay was too short.

One of our nicest hotel stays in a few years.
Old Aug 16, 16, 7:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report!

Cheers.
Old Aug 16, 16, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Expl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock View Post
Thanks for the trip report!

Cheers.
+1! Thanks, codesinvan!
Old Aug 16, 16, 1:30 pm

as a platinum I got a high floor. No CL here. Very Nice hotel with excellent service. Loved the Japanese Toilet.
Old Aug 16, 16, 6:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond for life, Bonvoy Titanium for Life, Delta Million Miler, Delta Platinum
We have stayed at the RC Montreal the last two years for jazzfest. It's a wonderful hotel! Great redone rooms. Maison Bolud is superb! It will be our go to in Montreal going forward.
Old Aug 17, 16, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jr1202sr View Post
as a platinum I got a high floor. No CL here. Very Nice hotel with excellent service. Loved the Japanese Toilet.
Originally Posted by Catskilltraveller View Post
We have stayed at the RC Montreal the last two years for jazzfest. It's a wonderful hotel! Great redone rooms. Maison Bolud is superb! It will be our go to in Montreal going forward.
Thanks, folks.
Old Aug 19, 16, 6:01 pm

Stayed there June 30th ~ July 04th - Solid front to back - Looking forward to going again next year !
Old Nov 8, 16, 8:01 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Elegant and still on its game

Ritz-Carlton, Montréal

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Ritz-Carlton, Montréal

1228 Sherbrooke Street West Montreal, QC CA H3G 1H6

Elegant and still on its game (0 Photo)

Ritz-Carlton, Montréal

Always feel this hotel gets it right. I am happy in the Deluxe room because they are comfortable, lit well, and appointed brilliantly.  I love the Asprey products and they are generous with putting them both around the bathtub and the shower.  But even more happy with the upgrade to large and lovely Junior Suite.  The quality of the renovation is evident in the beautiful mirrors tucked away on sliding doors, and the bathrooms with Japanese toilets.  Water is brought to you when you arrive late with a damp hot towel to refresh yourself.  

The restaurant is good looking but oddly it is better value to order room service in your room.  The prices seem cheaper. But the buffet is beautiful and so spending your morning in the restaurant is fabulous.  

Upgraded and they specifically mentioned it was become of my Marriott Platinum status. Hand written card mentioning my visits also awaited with water and fresh cookies.  The upgrade was reflected on my reservation before I arrived.  Much appreciated.  Perfect for a McGill visit as it is very close to the main entrance.  It takes its place as the first Ritz (1912 I believe)  very seriously and it shows. 

Must say I was pretty hopeless with the new mechanisms for the curtains.  So did not feel like learning a new skill when I arrived at midnight.  Oh well - I will get over it.

Worth a visit especially if you like the location.  Actually came to Montreal the night before a meeting to spend the night.

Elegant and still on its game

Would you like to write a review on the Ritz-Carlton, Montréal?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Apr 10, 19, 6:52 pm

Programs: BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); Hyatt Somethingorother; UA Silver
Any recent stays here? Especially interested to hear about Titanium treatment post-merger.
Old Apr 28, 19, 1:58 pm
cur

Programs: fwp diamond, dykwia elite
Originally Posted by CLEguy View Post
Any recent stays here? Especially interested to hear about Titanium treatment post-merger.
i did. zero platinum recognition and zero benefits. but top notch stay. would rather have a basic room here than an upgraded room at some generic westin or sheraton. my room was booked last minute (one of last rooms) and did not have a bath tub.

see: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31016132-post27.html

Search this Thread