Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Jakarta, Thamrin, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Four Points by Sheraton Jakarta, Thamrin, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Old Jan 30, 19, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just ending a stay here. They must be radically improved since the earlier posts. Yes, the rooms are small. But I'm paying 1/3 what I would have paid at the Keraton. (I'll say they are no smaller than at the JW Marriott on Beach Road in Singapore. and are about 1/6 the price, but that's Singapore.) There is some road noise, but it's not loud. No, it's not the Keraton, but it's not supposed to be. I found it a fantastic value for the price of the rooms.

Breakfast was fantastic. Lots of choices: western, Indonesian, and an Indian curry. Lots of choices I liked at lot. Had dinner here twice and very good.

Best thing: late checkout tonight at 8 (or 9) if we want it. They have gone out of their way to make things excellent.

It's a 5 minute walk from Plaza Indonesia with very good restaurants. Walked to the National Monument and National Museum (two long blocks). Taxied to Textile Museum for about $1 and made batik. It's about $3 to Senayan Plaza.
Old Jan 30, 19, 9:33 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor G | Marriott P | SPG P| Hilton S
Originally Posted by manneca View Post
Just ending a stay here. They must be radically improved since the earlier posts. Yes, the rooms are small. But I'm paying 1/3 what I would have paid at the Keraton. (I'll say they are no smaller than at the JW Marriott on Beach Road in Singapore. and are about 1/6 the price, but that's Singapore.) There is some road noise, but it's not loud. No, it's not the Keraton, but it's not supposed to be. I found it a fantastic value for the price of the rooms.

Breakfast was fantastic. Lots of choices: western, Indonesian, and an Indian curry. Lots of choices I liked at lot. Had dinner here twice and very good.

Best thing: late checkout tonight at 8 (or 9) if we want it. They have gone out of their way to make things excellent.

It's a 5 minute walk from Plaza Indonesia with very good restaurants. Walked to the National Monument and National Museum (two long blocks). Taxied to Textile Museum for about $1 and made batik. It's about $3 to Senayan Plaza.
You really walked to Monas (national monument)? That's quite a long walk. You should take busway.

You forget to mention that Starbucks just diagonally across which also Jalan Sabang which you can find many (street) foods at night.

It is value for money if you do not look for luxury stay and you do not spend most of your time in the room.
Old Jan 31, 19, 5:20 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lingua101 View Post
You really walked to Monas (national monument)? That's quite a long walk. You should take busway.
It's two blocks. Not very far at all.
Old Jan 31, 19, 6:25 am

Programs: AA MM, DL PM, UA MM, IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Plat
I stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton Jakarta Thamrin back in 2017 and echo the comments about the room being very small. It's perfectly okay for one person staying one night, but I was there for three. As someone who does spend time in his room beyond just sleeping, I would not choose this hotel again for stays of multiple nights.

I just completed a (one-night) stay at the nearby Aloft and found it very similar both in price and in size to this Four Points. The Aloft is in the same general area has the benefit of a larger basic room type that is at least big enough to entertain a few friends. (The Four Points does have double-sized rooms, but at the time of my stay, these were double the price.)

I don't think comparisons to the Keraton are appropriate, because that is a luxury hotel. You won't find luxury at the Four Points, but you aren't paying for it, either. The good thing about Jakarta is that there are a lot of hotels in the same price range as this Four Points, especially if you are not tied to a particular hotel program.
remymartin likes this.
Old Jan 31, 19, 10:17 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Amb
my 2 stays in Keraton where with BRG rates. Not too hard to find.
The rates difference is only 60% more for Keraton (based on prepay 1300000/day all included for four points base room, I just checked in march)

got upgraded both time
get free​​​ laundry in Keraton like 6 pieces per day
free food menu in the lounge 3 time per day + booze.
Amazing bed and bathroom...

​​
Im really wondering if it's
​​​worth to try the four points.
remymartin likes this.
Old Feb 1, 19, 12:52 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by mikew99 View Post
I stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton Jakarta Thamrin back in 2017 and echo the comments about the room being very small. It's perfectly okay for one person staying one night, but I was there for three. As someone who does spend time in his room beyond just sleeping, I would not choose this hotel again for stays of multiple nights.

I just completed a (one-night) stay at the nearby Aloft and found it very similar both in price and in size to this Four Points. The Aloft is in the same general area has the benefit of a larger basic room type that is at least big enough to entertain a few friends. (The Four Points does have double-sized rooms, but at the time of my stay, these were double the price.)

I don't think comparisons to the Keraton are appropriate, because that is a luxury hotel. You won't find luxury at the Four Points, but you aren't paying for it, either. The good thing about Jakarta is that there are a lot of hotels in the same price range as this Four Points, especially if you are not tied to a particular hotel program.
yep, aloft is a good alternative if you want to stay in this area or for similar price you can go to the Double Tree which have bigger rooms and not too far off.

Last edited by sandyph; Feb 1, 19 at 1:10 am