Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Roomers Munich, Autograph Collection, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Roomers Munich, Autograph Collection, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Thanks for the recent reviews. I will be here for Oktoberfest as well, though at the beginning of the festival.
Same! Sep. 17-22.

Actually we have rooms booked at courtyard and Le meridian as well. I’ll cancel whichever hotels we decide not to go with.

Roomers is most expensive at $380/night and the others are $250ish.

Still debating if we want closer or nicer furnishings and meals. Our friends are staying 200 meters away at Hilton garden inn, which is why roomers is even being considered.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by gutt22
I'll be here in two weeks and will report back!
Quick update on this ... there's construction ongoing at Roomers, so ended up changing my reservation to the Excelsior, which has excellent renovated superior rooms, so won't have info on Roomers at the moment. Too much work to get done at the hotel this trip. Hopefully the next one!
Old Sep 17, 2022, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by gutt22
Quick update on this ... there's construction ongoing at Roomers, so ended up changing my reservation to the Excelsior, which has excellent renovated superior rooms, so won't have info on Roomers at the moment. Too much work to get done at the hotel this trip. Hopefully the next one!
I'm saving it for another day, too. Aloft dropped to 345/night (vs 585 at Roomers) and I figure during Oktoberfest I don't really need anything too fancy. Might stay at Roomers when I come back with the wife for Christmas markets.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Any recent stays here? Considering this for Oktoberfest.
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Thanks for the recent reviews. I will be here for Oktoberfest as well, though at the beginning of the festival.
Had a very nice stay here. It is definitely a "trendy" type place, but with staff incredibly friendly and welcoming.

I have a very early arrival. Communicated with Ambassador team prior to try and arrange "Your24" or early check in, and disappointed as usual. But direct communication with the hotel went much better and they had a room ready for me at 9AM.

Entry into room was into a foyer/closet area, with the restroom on one side and the bed on the other. Great closet, with plenty of shelf space, nice hangers, slippers, shoe horn / brush, etc. Restroom had nice products and a rainfall shower along with a shower wand. High quality towels. One flaw with the room was any functional area to use as a desk. I had a bit of laptop work to get completed one day, and no good place to do it in the room.
Also, there was some loud music from the ground floor function / bar area which could be heard slightly in my 1st floor room. Wasn't really bothersome to me, but might have annoyed others. Was an easy tradeoff for getting into the room early in lieu of waiting for a higher floor. Also bummed there were no USB charging ports bedside. Just a single power outlet.

Bit after check in, had a nice "room service" delivery with a bowl of sweet nuts, a small bottle of Jager, and welcome note.

Breakfast was very good. Buffet with high quality items, including Weisswürste. Great coffee. Breakfast was served until Noon on Weekends, which was nice.

About a 15-20 minute walk to the Oktoberfest grounds. 10 minute walk to nearest S Bahn. 2 minute walk to tram station.
platbrownguy and rhg247 like this.
Old May 29, 2023, 3:17 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold; Marriott Titanium
Just stayed here 2 days and it was as described above: fine room (although bathroom is a bit dim with all the black); great breakfast; and ok location with the tram close by.

There is also a great neighbor French restaurant (of all things) Marais Soir that is an easy 5 min walk too.

We booked with AMEX and also got the $100 F&B credit which was a bonus for after dinner drinks.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 8:27 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
Booked a basic room and got their biggest room (2 bedroom suite), Over that week before check-in I saw the room constantly get upgraded. They gave me a free drink voucher and offered breakfast or points. Overall extremely happy with the property.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 10:36 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Overall, I enjoyed Roomers Munich - for 178 EUR, this was a pretty darn good European hotel experience. Here are my pros, cons, and photos:

Pros:
  • Upgraded to a Deluxe Suite the morning of arrival (earlier upgrade in app had shown a Premium Deluxe room) with balcony
  • Lovely suite design - so many knick and knacks and pretty elements
  • Bed on the golden carpet pedestal was comfortable - medium firm (yet kind of plush - definitely foam) German mattress, German-style covers were plush, the two larger pillows were nice yet soft (the smaller ones were too flat)
  • Leather couch was comfortable as was the desk chair
  • Nice view of the residential buildings and streetscape
  • Huge walk-in closet
  • Lovely shower pressure from both the wand and rainfall heads (you could have both rainfalls on or the wand and either of the rainfalls)
  • Grown Alchemist soaps smell nice
  • Lovely welcome gift of macarons (tasty and fresh) and chocolate balls waiting in the room
  • Elite breakfast was good
    • Good buffet with really tasty croissants and good smoothies
    • A la carte eggs Benedicts were tasty
    • Wish the pancakes from a la carte were a bit better and fluffier
Neutral:
  • I had to ask, but they were fine with 3 PM checkout, but Housekeeping was knocking and woke me up at 12:30 PM
Cons:
  • WiFi captive portal kicked each device out every 6 hours or so
  • No complimentary bottled water in room - was told it was supposed to be there and they would send some up - but it never came
Overall, I would have no issue returning to Roomers.

Photos:

Old Feb 23, 2024, 8:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA *S, BA Fanboy
This is a great hotel, and I also love the Roomers concept, though I understand it isn't for everyone. After a one night stay here, my biggest takeaway is that this hotel seems to actually like elite members. How refreshing!

I did encounter once service mishap. Morning of departure we asked for a late checkout and were straight up denied. After some back and forth the agent reluctantly offered 1:00 PM checkout. I thought this was odd, and knew it was wrong, as this isn't a resort or convention hotel. The agent never acknowledged my Titanium status and seemed perplexed I would even ask for this. About 30 minutes later I send a message in the app requesting 4:00 PM checkout, and it was granted cheerfully and within minutes.

Location here is also good. You can walk to Hauptbahnhof in less than 20 minutes. If coming from the airport, you're also somewhat in luck as the Donnersbergerbrücke S-Bahn station, which is the property's closest, happens to be the one S-Bahn station where taking the S1 or S8 to the airport takes the same amount of time, so you can just grab whatever train comes/leaves next.
andrewstahl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.