FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   The Ritz Carlton Hong Kong [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1777381-ritz-carlton-hong-kong-master-thread.html)

rickastleyjr Jun 30, 2018 7:00 am

I am reading even as PLAT you dont get a guaranteed upgrade to club level?

kaizen7 Jun 30, 2018 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by rickastleyjr (Post 29923084)

Club level access room is excluded from plt upgrade

jinrop Jun 30, 2018 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by rickastleyjr (Post 29923084)

You will 100% not get club access at the Ritz Hong Kong without paying for it.

hawaiiansports Aug 20, 2018 11:56 pm

RC Hong Kong - Non Smoking property

FYI...RC Hong Kong will no longer have smoking rooms effective September 1. there will be a smoking area on 9/F though.

chuck1 Sep 1, 2018 8:23 am

Big VIP at Ritz Carlton Hong Kong?

Just curious - Friday morning lots of American looking plain clothes super strong security guys having breakfast.
Anyone know who was in town?

fliesdelta Oct 29, 2018 12:58 pm

Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong - PP upgrades?

I'm currently Platinum Premier, and I'm aware of the policies regarding upgrades and perks at the RC properties.

That said, are there recent reports of upgrades, lounge access, etc., at the Hong Kong RC for PP members? I expect to spend a couple of nights there next month.

Thank you.

Dave510 Oct 29, 2018 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by fliesdelta (Post 30369559)
I'm currently Platinum Premier, and I'm aware of the policies regarding upgrades and perks at the RC properties.

That said, are there recent reports of upgrades, lounge access, etc., at the Hong Kong RC for PP members? I expect to spend a couple of nights there next month.

Thank you.

They've always been generous with upgrades. They often pre-upgrade to Grand Victoria from base room a few days before check-in.

Lounge access is like most RCs: you'll need to pay for it.

Kacee Oct 29, 2018 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by Dave510 (Post 30369745)
They've always been generous with upgrades.

lol that was not my experience AT ALL. As a Plat on an FHR rate. And not cheapest room either.

Aventine Oct 30, 2018 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 30371354)
lol that was not my experience AT ALL. As a Plat on an FHR rate. And not cheapest room either.

Same here. I got the exact Club room that I paid for.

Dave510 Oct 30, 2018 2:23 pm

Interesting data points. I’ve always gotten the Grand Victoria from base Virtuoso bookings as a Plat. Once they pulled the last Grand Victoria from inventory and assigned it to me as upgrade 3 days before arrival (was not a special occasion), so I assumed they were generous with upgrades.

GoSh4rks Oct 30, 2018 3:23 pm

They upgraded my dad (Plat) on the associate rate to a seaview corner, which was changed to a Victoria Harbor view upon check in because we needed two beds. Also two drink coupons (as opposed to one?) to Ozone because we are both Plat/PP.

porkie Oct 31, 2018 3:39 am

I got upgraded to victoria harbor suite (pre-merger stay for 10 nights). I paid extra for club access, IIRC 1400 HKD/night. Initially booked lowest category room on BRG rate, to date it’s been my best stay in a city hotel. Absolutely outstanding property in all the aspects.

rickastleyjr Nov 3, 2018 4:23 pm

Is there a contact email available for this property? I have a stay the beginning of December and did not get any information through my confirmation.

bgriff Nov 5, 2018 10:27 am

Any more data points on how this hotel is treating the new rule that Plat Premier Elites are, in theory, eligible for upgrades to R-C Suites? (I know no one gets an upgrade to club access, but it appears you can book a suite without club access at this hotel so presumably the same could be done as an upgrade.)

I'm debating between the R-C and the JW ... which are obviously in different leagues quality and price-wise, so really it's a question of whether R-C is worth the extra cost, possibly including the extra cost of buying up to club level access at the R-C. But if there was a decent chance of an R-C suite upgrade that could weigh in favor of the extra cost.

emofeng Nov 9, 2018 9:43 pm

I'm booked on points and was offered a club room for an additional 2100 HKD per night. Seems a bit much...