FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   The Ritz Carlton Hong Kong [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1777381-ritz-carlton-hong-kong-master-thread.html)

hawaiiansports Jan 29, 2018 6:15 pm

But those views from your room will be spectacular. Will you have club access? If so, you can reserve the hotel's Tesla to take you to your destination in TST.

offerendum Jan 30, 2018 2:31 am

Originally Posted by hawaiiansports (Post 29355378)
But those views from your room will be spectacular.

If itīs not too cloudy;)

sfoflyer747 Jan 31, 2018 3:09 pm

Paid upgrade at Ritz Hong Kong

I am staying on an award at the HK Ritz in June and was wondering if it is possible to upgrade from my standard room to a room with club access and ideally a suite. I would be willing to either spend cash or points for this upgrade.

Does anyone know if this is possible and what the rates would be?

Thank you in advance

hsumh316 Jan 31, 2018 4:05 pm

I wasn't on an award night, but they offered me this for my stay at the end of October '17 for club access
1,400 (Single occupancy) or HKD 1,900 (Double occupancy) plus 10% service charge per night
and for upgraded room from deluxe to grand Victoria harbor room.
HKD1800+10% service charge per room per night

Originally Posted by sfoflyer747 (Post 29363754)
I am staying on an award at the HK Ritz in June and was wondering if it is possible to upgrade from my standard room to a room with club access and ideally a suite. I would be willing to either spend cash or points for this upgrade.

Does anyone know if this is possible and what the rates would be?

Thank you in advance

elg26 Feb 2, 2018 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Braniff (Post 29345480)
We will be visiting Hong Kong on a family vacation shortly. The Ritz Carlton is offering a very good deal. Our only hesitation in finalizing the booking is its location. Not only does it seem a bit out of the way but also rather isolated. For example, the Star Ferry is nearly a 40 minute walk - and it does not appear to be a scenic waterfront promenade walk ... I do realize there is a straight MTR line to Central, but I just use that as an example. I'd be interested in other's views...

Braniff

I stayed at RCHK once and it was spectacular...

But if location is important and want to stay in Kowloon probably better off staying at Langham or IC where you can get probably get a similar $ deal and both very elegant hotels and be in the heart of everything in TST with quick access to ferry to the Island...

Kacee Feb 2, 2018 7:59 am

Originally Posted by elg26 (Post 29371137)
I stayed at RCHK once and it was spectacular...

But if location is important and want to stay in Kowloon probably better off staying at Langham or IC where you can get probably get a similar $ deal and both very elegant hotels and be in the heart of everything in TST with quick access to ferry to the Island...

I would avoid IC currently due to the construction. They are also scheduled to close in early 2019 for a complete renovation.

offerendum Feb 2, 2018 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 29371167)
I would avoid IC currently due to the construction. They are also scheduled to close in early 2019 for a complete renovation.

Indeed! Seems to be overdue.

meetandyhere Feb 6, 2018 2:26 pm

I didnt know that was even possible.

Aventine Feb 6, 2018 4:38 pm

It's definitely possible. hsumh316 gave you a good idea of the upcharges.

Braniff Feb 10, 2018 10:39 am

Thank you all for your responses and wealth of knowledge. We have decided to stay there. And our expectations are set !

I assume there is some sort of a Concierge service at the Airport Express platform that takes care of your bags to the hotel ? Then again I've only experienced that with the Four Seasons and Narita Express in Tokyo where I was met with a greeter from the hotel ...

Kacee Feb 10, 2018 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Braniff (Post 29401860)
I assume there is some sort of a Concierge service at the Airport Express platform that takes care of your bags to the hotel ?

lol, no, they expect their guests to pay for a house limo rather than take public transit ;)

porkie Feb 17, 2018 4:10 am

You can definitely have someone from the hotel wait for you at the Airport Express station to help with the bags but you'd have to arrange that in advance, no concierge booth out there.

schley Feb 17, 2018 7:43 am

Yeah although close it isn't that easy. You need to go up some stairs when you get close to the RC glass door as I recall and there wasn't an elevator. I believe it is the stairway from the mall entrance up to the lobby, which is where those arriving on airport express would enter.

hawaiiansports Feb 19, 2018 10:28 pm

Airport express to RC is not a great walk with suitcases. Requires at least 3 escalators thru Elements then another in RC. Better to take a cab or get car service from RC if you are with family IMHO.

Kacee Mar 3, 2018 2:23 am

Booked a Deluxe Victoria Harbour view room on an FHR rate as a Plat. At check-in the extremely not friendly nor gracious agent told me the only available upgrade was to a Grand Seaview room . . . I asked about Grand Victoria Harbour and he said "I checked, there are none available." So I took the Deluxe room and upgraded to Club access for $1500 HKD per night. Got to the room - it didn't really have a Victoria Harbour view and it smelled like cigarette smoke. Straight to the Club to request a better room. Where the Assistant Manager magically found me a Grand Victoria Harbour room. Now if only the fog would lift ;)

Received a written apology and bottle of wine for my check-in experience.