Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Delta Hotel, Toronto, Canada [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2023, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: delta.toronto@deltahotels.com
Print Wikipost

Delta Hotel, Toronto, Canada [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2019, 5:41 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
Am at Delta now. I’m very “meh” on this property. Check in had a long line with only two clerks and no elite line. The lounge has amazing views, but the food is solidly average. Even though I have an honor bar card, I just had an attendant snidely tell me that this is an honor bar.

I was “upgraded” to a mid-level room facing the lake. IMHO, it’s not substantial enough for me to see it as an upgrade. The rooms are mostly clean... Carpet has stains and smells like mildew. Shower has some mold in it at the seams.

it’s a 2 night stay and it doesn’t seem like anyone really cares, so not worth my energy to seek out management.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 7:25 am

Stayed at the Delta near the end of August. Personal stay using my corporate rate. I was upgraded from base room to corner deluxe with views of the lake, CN tower and the city. The room was large, the bathroom was nice and the views were awesome. The lounge was a couple floors above and did have great views as well. The food was alright, but the staff went out of their way to give my wife different snacks that better adhered to her restricted diet. I do wish the beer was free, but that's not important.

I'd stay here again without a doubt.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Upcoming personal stay with corp rate booked into standard room. Did mobile checkin, set arrival time to 10pm as I'm flying late into YYZ. Normal 1 bedroom suite all booked, but jr suite and extended stay suite still available for my dates. Asked the front desk with app chat if they could give me a titanium suite upgrade if availability permits. They said they noted my request on the booking. About an hour later I saw room type changed to jr suite.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Stayed here several times now and it's a very underrated property, especially now that service is mostly back to normal during the pandemic. Great location if you want to go to a Leafs/Raptors/Jays game, and about a four-minute walk to get into the Union Station complex.

Lounge is open until 9(?) PM on weekdays and 12-8 on weekends with soft drinks, snacks, honor bar in the evenings. Not a super fancy lounge, and I don't believe the hot food from pre-pandemic in the evenings has returned, but the lounge is almost always empty and it has *incredible* views of both the city and planes landing/taking off at YTZ. I'm not a plane spotter and still wanted to spend hours watching. Since lounge doesn't serve breakfast, plats get breakfast in the restaurant downstairs.

Rooms are probably about on par with a solid city Westin? I do like the rooms with soaker tubs, although the temperature in those rooms fluctuates pretty wildly because of the floor-to-ceiling windows. Indoor pool is back open. Gym is excellent and open 24 hours. Staff has generally been very friendly and helpful when I've had to interact with them.

Downsides: Wi-fi was erratic, somewhat surprisingly. Don't remember that being an issue in years past. Elevators for those rooms on higher floors (and the lounges) are some of the worst I've had to deal with in the entire system, and while I would just assume one was down during a typical stay, this has happened multiple times during multiple stays.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt
Stayed here several times now and it's a very underrated property, especially now that service is mostly back to normal during the pandemic. Great location if you want to go to a Leafs/Raptors/Jays game, and about a four-minute walk to get into the Union Station complex.

Lounge is open until 9(?) PM on weekdays and 12-8 on weekends with soft drinks, snacks, honor bar in the evenings. Not a super fancy lounge, and I don't believe the hot food from pre-pandemic in the evenings has returned, but the lounge is almost always empty and it has *incredible* views of both the city and planes landing/taking off at YTZ. I'm not a plane spotter and still wanted to spend hours watching. Since lounge doesn't serve breakfast, plats get breakfast in the restaurant downstairs.

Rooms are probably about on par with a solid city Westin? I do like the rooms with soaker tubs, although the temperature in those rooms fluctuates pretty wildly because of the floor-to-ceiling windows. Indoor pool is back open. Gym is excellent and open 24 hours. Staff has generally been very friendly and helpful when I've had to interact with them.

Downsides: Wi-fi was erratic, somewhat surprisingly. Don't remember that being an issue in years past. Elevators for those rooms on higher floors (and the lounges) are some of the worst I've had to deal with in the entire system, and while I would just assume one was down during a typical stay, this has happened multiple times during multiple stays.
Thanks for your detail review. Do you usually get upgrade here as plat or titanium elite?
Old Apr 29, 2022, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by musicscrip
Thanks for your detail review. Do you usually get upgrade here as plat or titanium elite?
I've actually used SNAs here. I've generally found them to be good with other elements of elite treatment, so I imagine they would be pretty good about upgrades, too.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 12:31 pm

Programs: SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive
We stay here quite often and almost always get upgraded to one of the corner suites, last time we stayed they apologized as the hotel was full and they couldn't upgrade us. My biggest beef is the elevators they need to have a divider and sign on the corner near reception for floors 1-27 and 27 -45 its always a gong show after the game gets out and everyone is trying to get back to their rooms. Weekend breakfasts you need to either get to Soco early or make a reservation. Ill be glad when the lounge starts doing breakfasts again
Old Jun 15, 2022, 10:21 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Nice, even though I didn't want to stay here.

I had an unexpected (and undesired) stay here. While I was planning on being home and was quite peeved that I was not, the hotel itself was a solid experience with some unexpected highlights.

This was a reservation made one hour before checking in - the check-in agent upgraded me to a top floor (46th) King facing Lake Ontario. I have no idea if this was the best upgrade available, and I frankly didn't care. The room was nice - wood flooring in the entry way was loose, but the rest of the room was solid. The windows are impressive and the view was nice. The bed had thinner covers but I still slept well. TV had Internet TV OS. No armchair or lounger by the window was disappointing. The bathroom is the highlight - separate tub and shower. Shower had fantastic pressure. Very nice design and window into bedroom. Noise isolation from outside was a tad poor even at this height.

The lounge is open for breakfast and evening service daily. Breakfast was pretty good - eggs a bit wet, but the bacon was really good. The lounge is on the 46th floor, which was convenient for me.

I didn't leave my floor, but I did notice lots of elevator lines in the lobby when I was checking out. 6 elevators for 46 floors is not enough.

Service was fine - I wasn't in the best mood, and several people at check-in went ahead of me (even though I was standing in the Elite line). The Elite agent (who was dealing with some billing thing) had to go manually ask one of the other agents to check me in after I was standing there for like 5 minutes. They did ask proactively about late checkout, which I didn't need.

Overall, I would return for a repeat stay when I was in a better mood.

On the plus side, I got 1.5 cents per point by booking an hour before arrival :-)

Old Jun 15, 2022, 11:05 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
This is a solid hotel for those of us who live outside Toronto and need an overnight for a ballgame or concert.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Can someone confirm that the luxury corner suite does NOT have a soak-in bathtub? But the deluxe corner skyline view room (xx14) does have a corner bathroom with a soak tub (bigger bathroom than the one in the luxury corner suite).
Old Jul 7, 2023, 12:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Wrapping 5-night stay at the Delta Toronto for vacation with family, catching the tail end of the long Canada Day holiday weekend (and, of course, patriotically celebrating 4th of July in Canada too).

Booked 2 rooms - 2Q and 1K, former on points, latter on extended-stay rate. Didn't take pictures of rooms before personal items exploded everywhere, but was generally true to what is captured on property website with exception that both rooms' floors were hard surface and not carpet.. which is likely reflective of fact that 1K was accessible - which was apparently the only type of 1K room available that had connecting doors to 2Q, as I had requested ahead of time and property accommodated). I was not upgraded for either room, but expect that was largely due to (1) specific request for connecting rooms with limited inventory of these; (2) length of stay (very busy on night of arrival due to Jays game and Twice concert at ScotiaBank arena, got quieter rest of week).

That said, I *did* capture images from the 46th floor elite lounge - currently serving breakfast for 4 hours in the mornings, heavy appetizers, desserts, and honor bar in the evening for 3 hours, and accessible for soft drinks, coffee, and snacks at other times of day. First day, lounge was a zoo and full to capacity - we were directed to the SoCo Kitchen restaurant on first floor and received complimentary buffet at restaurant as a plan B (though expense did show up on folio at check out, which required FDA to remove). While I was impressed with the variety and quality of food was fair-good, lounge breakfast items offered were same every day. Restaurant buffet provided exactly same items, with addition of eggs-to-order and "juice of the day" (which was a very delightful apple-carrot-ginger on the morning I sampled).

Location was great for seeing the city's attractions - less than 10 minutes walk away from CN Tower, Harbourfront, and TTC/Union Station (with UP train to Pearson, great market and food hall). Family even walked from Delta to Billy Bishop airport for outgoing flight earlier today (gorgeous day and easy walk along the harbour).

View from Lounge - that's the base of the CN Tower to the right of the Rogers Centre

Breakfast in Lounge - hot entrees included scrambled eggs (suspect powdered though not overtly grainy), tater tots, bacon, and chicken sausages - same options every days
Old Oct 27, 2023, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I stayed here for 1 night last week as I had an early morning flight out of YYZ, and location is a very short walk to UP Express which starts at 04:55. Sadly, trains were canceled the morning of my departure due to someone jumping on the tracks. I had to use an Uber to get to the airport.

First time I’ve set foot in this hotel and I absolutely loved it. Upgraded to a corner room next to the Club Lounge. I had a direct view of the CN Tower from my bed. Floor to ceiling windows were awesome.

I’d say the lounge is comparable to the Sheraton lounge (which has a great view of Nathan Phillips Square). Lounge has an Honour Bar and wine was $13-15/glass which seems reasonable.

Here are a few pics of the view from my room.

yyzflyer and LSEGallipot like this.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 6:31 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Nice shots! It's my go-to for a ballgame, concert or hockey game and, as you noted, proximity to Union Station for an early morning or late-arriving train can't be beat.
margarita girl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.