Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Delta Hotel, Toronto, Canada [Master thread]

Old Oct 27, 2023, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: delta.toronto@deltahotels.com
Print Wikipost

Delta Hotel, Toronto, Canada [Master thread]

Old Apr 14, 2019, 8:10 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Anybody have an email address for the property?
Found one through a search "delta.torronto@deltahotels.com" but assume all have switched to Marriott domain by now
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:08 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by hooterbif
I am searching for a hotel for a nice romantic weekend getaway. Would this hotel be a good choice? The price on that weekend seems pretty good - $140/night. Are there other Marriott properties that you would recommend? (The Ritz would be nice, but it is out of my price range).
If I am being blunt, in downtown Toronto I will always recommend the Royal York even though it is a Fairmont. Toronto and Montreal both "suffer" from having solid ex-railroad hotels attached to their train stations. That being said, I did wind up at the Delta a few years ago and it was solid...but those are the only two hotels I have ever stayed at in Toronto.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 8:27 am

Are evening appetizers at the lounge here Sun-Thurs only or also offered on the weekend?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: AC-100k, MR LTT
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Are evening appetizers at the lounge here Sun-Thurs only or also offered on the weekend?
We just checked out and they served evening apps all weekend - good, too.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by unclepants
We just checked out and they served evening apps all weekend - good, too.
Thanks for the datapoint!
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
If I am being blunt, in downtown Toronto I will always recommend the Royal York even though it is a Fairmont. Toronto and Montreal both "suffer" from having solid ex-railroad hotels attached to their train stations. That being said, I did wind up at the Delta a few years ago and it was solid...but those are the only two hotels I have ever stayed at in Toronto.
I'll be staying at this property for the first time in a week. I have stayed at all of the other Toronto downtown properties at one point or another - - I thought I would give the Delta a go.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 2:52 pm

I emailed the hotel (address is: [email protected]) and they confirmed that evening hors d'oeuvres are offered every night in the lounge, 5pm-8pm.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: Priority Club PLT, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
Which Delta hotel Toronto is this thread regarding? Delta Hotel Toronto? Delta Hotel Toronto Airport?

Thanks
Old Jul 2, 2019, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by genotonda
Which Delta hotel Toronto is this thread regarding? Delta Hotel Toronto? Delta Hotel Toronto Airport?

Thanks
Delta Hotels by Marriott Toronto, located on Simcoe St (NOT the airport location)
Old Jul 21, 2019, 4:52 am

I thought this was a very nice property. I loved the fact they had San Pelligrino sparkling water in the lounge. I did ask at check-in about breakfast in the restaurant, and they said if I wanted to go for that option I was welcome to, and the charge would be removed at check-out. I only tried once, but it worked fine. I'm not sure I would have paid 42 dollars for the buffet though. Club lounge was VERY busy during the morning breakfast period and evening nibbles. I so wish that large families could be limited. I had booked a standard room on points and I was told that I had been upgraded to a Club level room. I was on the 43rd floor and the lounge was on the 46th floor, so I'm not sure if it was an upgrade or not. The room was very nice, but a bit small - perfectly fine for just me. I think the only downtown Toronto Marriott location I have not tried yet is the Sheraton.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by Wembleygal
I thought this was a very nice property. I loved the fact they had San Pelligrino sparkling water in the lounge. I did ask at check-in about breakfast in the restaurant, and they said if I wanted to go for that option I was welcome to, and the charge would be removed at check-out. I only tried once, but it worked fine. I'm not sure I would have paid 42 dollars for the buffet though. Club lounge was VERY busy during the morning breakfast period and evening nibbles. I so wish that large families could be limited. I had booked a standard room on points and I was told that I had been upgraded to a Club level room. I was on the 43rd floor and the lounge was on the 46th floor, so I'm not sure if it was an upgrade or not. The room was very nice, but a bit small - perfectly fine for just me. I think the only downtown Toronto Marriott location I have not tried yet is the Sheraton.
How would you compare this hotel to the Marriott City Centre (Skydome)? Im debating between those two for an one night stay in October
Old Sep 16, 2019, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
How would you compare this hotel to the Marriott City Centre (Skydome)? Im debating between those two for an one night stay in October
Good question.

I have not been back to Skydome since the switch from the Renaissance to Marriott branding. Personally, I would go to the one that is cheaper.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 7:48 am

The Delta is under five years old so it's new. Great views of the lake. Club floor. Nice pool/gym. Very close to Union Station/TTC. More around - restaurants, liquor store - but the two hotels are less than a 10 minute walk between them.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 11:25 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS Gold, BA Bronze, DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Curious if anyone has stayed here and also at St. Regis. My corporate rates are basically locked at $250 for here, $350 for St. Regis. Curious to hear any feedback on elite treatment at this property, and from anyone who has visited both, which seems like the better value at those price levels.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 12:33 pm

Stayed at both. St Regis is fine but it's basically a hotel in a condo highrise with no street level atmosphere. However, you are in the business district and close to shopping at the Eaton Centre (if that's important). Double beds is annoying for families (Delta has queen). The free breakfast is good and certainly better and more relaxing than the club floor Delta. I did not find that elites are treated anything special at St Regis. I found that Delta staff to be more engaging. For me I'd save the $100 and go to the Delta just because it's more lively but I travel as three with a teenager so the queen bed is huge as well as all three of us getting access to the club floor to save money on breakfast. The dinnertime snacks are actually not bad either.
unclepants likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.