Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa, Nai Yang Beach - Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2017, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
09/18 update:

Breakfast for two is one of the choices for the new platinum amenity which is a big improvement in the new program. The 20% food discount remains for platinum although it excludes happy hour and room service. I believe silver gets 10% off and new gold gets 15% off. The happy hour is now a selection of drinks at a 25-33% discount so not much savings for platinum members as the 20% discount doesn't stack
Print Wikipost

Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa, Nai Yang Beach - Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2019, 10:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SightseeMC
I will say that multiple sources told me (there and online) what Kacee says: the trash is an effect of the different currents during shoulder/off season. So maybe not an issue when most people want to be there anyway.
I was at Surin beach recently, and staff told me they fill as many as eleven large trash bags a day from their stretch of beach (maybe 200 yards) when the seas are heavy.
SightseeMC likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:58 pm

Programs: MP, BR
Just spent 4 nights at the hotel and some quick comments. This was my first time to Phuket and not sure what I would expect.

Pros
- The property itself: situated in an isolated area it's nice and quiet and the design of the property maximized its beach view and the sea breeze
- Beach was beautiful and quiet
- Staff was great and they do their best to keep the beach clean of debris (in general the stretch of the beach all the way to Nai Yang village was quite clean)
- Food wise some of the theme nights were good and thoughtful - they had a Thai street food buffet set up on the beach, which was my favourite.

Cons
- The isolated location also meant you are far away from everything. Ride to Patong was quoted as 1000B by the hotel and would take a good 40 mins. My gf and I wanted to go out for dinner on a couple of nights but after weighing the costs (money + time) we decided to stay in the hotel.
- They had some sort of beach banquet on the night that I arrived. Our villa can clearly hear the music and noise from the group which was annoying.
- The food was hit or miss, which was surprising for a 5-star property (or maybe that's on par with other Phuket hotels). The Thai street food buffet was great but the Thai Mother's Day buffet (which cost twice as much) was terrible in terms of food quality or selection. Breakfast was ok; I've had much better breakfast buffet in Bangkok.
- The spa was disappointing (compared to what I usually get in Bangkok).

Other points of note
- I stayed at the villa and while it had direct access/view to the beach through the back doors of the villa, those doors cannot be locked from the outside! As such I cannot simply open the back door and run out to the beach without the risk of someone gaining free entrance into my room. The outdoor pool in the villa was very small. I would not choose the Villa if I went back again - not worth the extra costs.
- I was only offered the 620B ride on the Merc to/from the airport, hotel did not offer me the 400B ride on the van. I was quite happy with that though; felt like a VIP when the Merc was parked right outside of the Airport arrivals (literally 10 sec walk from the door).
- Read carefully about the Bonvoy member discounts: e.g. discounts only apply to "a la carte" treatment at the spa but not packages. Sometimes the restaurant staff may not be aware that you are eligible for the discount and needs to be reminded.
- Kiaw's Food Shack was not opened the 3 times that I went by (twice in the afternoon, once in the evening).
ankomonkey likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by Chromie25
- Kiaw's Food Shack was not opened the 3 times that I went by (twice in the afternoon, once in the evening).
Likewise, we didn't see it open at all during our week at the hotel. We ate in another restaurant in a similar location which was decent, good value and had nice views of the sunset.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Ambassador, Delta Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Chromie25
Just spent 4 nights at the hotel and some quick comments. This was my first time to Phuket and not sure what I would expect.
Can you provide an update on the previously mentioned construction? Was it still halted as of a few weeks ago? Did you hear any noise?
Old Sep 3, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by VisaW
Can you provide an update on the previously mentioned construction? Was it still halted as of a few weeks ago? Did you hear any noise?
We stayed 7 nights at end of July. The construction work was taking place and the main noise we noticed was trucks digging. The noise could start early and finish late (~8am-8pm). However, it was not too bad and certainly didn't ruin our stay. Also, I suspect it is most noticeable if your room is on the same side as the construction (ours was). If you're staying on the other side of the hotel, you probably can't hear it. I didn't even consider complaining or asking to move rooms.
VisaW likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: MP, BR
Originally Posted by VisaW
Didn't hear any construction noise while I was there.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 5:50 am

Programs: aeroplan spg
I am looking to stay at this resort using points for my family (kids 13 and 15) but can't seem to book 4 in a room. Is it possible to do? I am also Platinum so I'm not sure if an upgrade to a suite (if available) would solve that?
Old Oct 26, 2019, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by gocolts
I am looking to stay at this resort using points for my family (kids 13 and 15) but can't seem to book 4 in a room. Is it possible to do? I am also Platinum so I'm not sure if an upgrade to a suite (if available) would solve that?
I booked a standard room, listed on the website as having "double double" beds. I booked for 3 and then mailed the hotel asking them to note there would be 4 of us. As Platinum we did get an upgrade to a suite, which gave us plenty of room and was bigger (and nicer) than the first apartment I ever owned. My kids were 9 and 7, though, so still "children" according to the hotel's definition. I don't know if the age of your kids would make a difference - I believe they would be classed as "adults" by the hotel.
gocolts likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 3:32 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Any recent stay experiences? Thx!
Old Jan 28, 2021, 6:07 am

The longer the better promotion. Rates from 1,490THB net per night. 20% off food & drinks. 50% off laundry. Book from now until 27 April 2021 and stay through 30 April 2021.

"The Longer The Better" promotion - Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa, Nai Yang Beach - Phuket News and Scoop (phuketindex.com)
Old Jan 28, 2021, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mileageking
The longer the better promotion. Rates from 1,490THB net per night. 20% off food & drinks. 50% off laundry. Book from now until 27 April 2021 and stay through 30 April 2021.

"The Longer The Better" promotion - Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa, Nai Yang Beach - Phuket News and Scoop (phuketindex.com)
Expensive compared to other Marriott options that would accept Megatix for the rate. Plus I wouldn't really want to stay at this resort for a long period, let alone weeks on end.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 3:09 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Was trying to upload the restaurant menus here but for some reason the site is not accepting pdfs. If anyone is interested PM me and I can email a copy
Old Mar 1, 2022, 11:20 pm

Any new data points?
Old Mar 1, 2022, 11:41 pm

We was there two weeks ago, not too much guests inside. Wide choice at breakfast - fresh squeezed juices station, niece rooms, quiet air-condition. We was terrible bitten by insects.
Jerrremy likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Stayed there in Jan/Feb. it’s ok. Small footprint so when you have noisy guests, there’s no avoiding them. Rooms are not very private but well equipped. F&B is ok. Better than average in Phuket. Beach is for walking, not sitting on as you will be eaten by sand flees. Nothing the hotel can do about it. They do warn you.

Pool access should not be overstated. It’s a 30cm deep water lane to the pool. Pool is ok with a nice view but crowded if busy. They do play music there, as a leftover of drowning out the building sounds from next door, even though I did not hear any. Mind you: vacation time.

Apart from the wonderful beach walks, I would not book again especially as better Marriott properties can be found for similar or less.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.