Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Be prepared to show proof of AAA membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 18, 2018, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Hat tip to joeags for this information:

More About Special Rates
AAA/CAA

Save on hotel rooms at 3,800+ Marriott brand hotels worldwide
Earn Marriott Rewards points in addition to discount
ID required at check-in (American, Canadian Automobile Association or any non-USA Automobile Club Affiliate)
Subject to availability at individual hotels
Print Wikipost

Be prepared to show proof of AAA membership

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2019, 3:43 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ti/LTP, Hilton Diamond, Sixt AC, Hertz PC
I book AAA rate sometimes with my ARC Europe card for years now. Now the only way to do that is through the app as the site demands US numbers. Sometimes I wonder what PMs work there...
Old Oct 13, 2019, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I hope not.
I bet it would if it had valid dates. I can see a 1 in 10 chance that a reservation clerk asks for AAA card, and a 1 in 10 chance that you show a temp card with valid dates he does not accept so 1 in 100 it should work. Especially if it has a number on it that works when you book.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 11:51 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Kaloz
I book AAA rate sometimes with my ARC Europe card for years now. Now the only way to do that is through the app as the site demands US numbers. Sometimes I wonder what PMs work there...
The web site takes CAA numbers from Canada.

Then when I checked in yesterday in SJO I said I have my AAA/CAA card, do you want to see it? Nope. Because you had to put it in the reservation. That's the same one that said bring the card.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ti/LTP, Hilton Diamond, Sixt AC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
The web site takes CAA numbers from Canada.

Then when I checked in yesterday in SJO I said I have my AAA/CAA card, do you want to see it? Nope. Because you had to put it in the reservation. That's the same one that said bring the card.
With ARC Europe every motoring club has it's own way to do things. Clubs have an assigned number but members (at least in mine) do not. My card doesn't even have an expiration date anymore.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
CAA did away with expiry dates and sends a new card with a different design every 2 or 3 years.

But all these adminitions, no soup for you without the card after they validated it is a nuisance.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 5:01 pm
SK

Facing the same issue right now. Entering my 16-digit AAA number, and I get the "Invalid AAA/CAA card number" message. 🙁

Originally Posted by mizzou65201
I am a longtime AAA (and MR) member, and each time I enter my AAA number in the Marriott site, it tells me the AAA number is invalid
Old Feb 29, 2020, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
When you get to the front desk, hand them your card and tell them to verify with the Membership phone number on the reverse.

Of course, this does not help when trying to make the discounted AAA reservation online.

Bonvoyed.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 6:20 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by SK
Facing the same issue right now. Entering my 16-digit AAA number, and I get the "Invalid AAA/CAA card number" message. 🙁
same, I noticed this a couple days ago. Mine didn’t work - so I tried my dad’s and his also didn’t work, so I assume there is a website issue.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 6:20 pm
SK

I am not at the hotel, I am trying to make a reservation. In order to book the AAA rate online, you need to input the AAA number. Same with the app.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 6:40 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by SK
I saw this post on this thread a couple of years ago and I copied it to my notes. So if it doesn’t accept my number, I use 429 or 620, my CDP and the rest of my number and it always works. I do have my actual card with me when I check in but this at least lets me make the reservation.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29638637-post423.html
Based on some testing, it looks like it will take 429 + valid Club Code (CDP) + 10 digit number. CDP #’s can be found on sites like Hertz and other websites (if only a two digit code, add a 0; not sure about those that are more than 3 digits). Also tested with a CAA number and it is fine.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 7:29 pm
SK

Exclamation

Thank you, Finkface.

My number starts with 620, and my Club Code is 084 (for Central NY), and they don't work.
So, I tried a few different Club Codes, from the relevant list, and finally one of them (036) worked.

Obviously something is wrong with their site - it makes no sense why a perfectly normal AAA number won't work, unless you fiddle with the Club Codes!

Originally Posted by Finkface
Based on some testing, it looks like it will take 429 + valid Club Code (CDP) + 10 digit number. CDP #’s can be found on sites like Hertz and other websites (if only a two digit code, add a 0; not sure about those that are more than 3 digits). Also tested with a CAA number and it is fine.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 7:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
My newly signed-up CAA number worked. Lowered SF Marriott Marquis by 20% from standard member flexible rate. Booked two nights for $150 USD/ night incl. tax = a steal!!! Just not sure if the M club is open on weekends.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by SK
I am not at the hotel, I am trying to make a reservation. In order to book the AAA rate online, you need to input the AAA number. Same with the app.
Is there some way to save the # in the system. Annoying to have to put it in every time.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 9:43 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by allset2travel
Is there some way to save the # in the system.
HHonors? Yes. bonvOY? No.
KRSW likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Just not sure if the M club is open on weekends.
There’s a sticky for that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.