Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Koloa Landing Resort Poipu, Autograph Collection, Kauai, HI [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Koloa Landing Resort Poipu, Autograph Collection, Kauai, HI [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2021, 4:17 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Silver; Air Canada 25K; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Looks like only the night of the 11th is sold out. All other nights show at least 1 bedroom suites available. So there's still hope!

Is it worth it burning a SNA to simply be 'upgraded' to a coastline view (same studio room type, but better view)? This isn't exactly the 'flavor' of upgrade I'm hoping for and probably not worth using a SNA. More hoping for an upgrade to a larger room type consider there's 4 of us (1 bedroom suite or larger), and worth the SNA.

Last edited by ajcopley; Jun 10, 2021 at 10:52 am
Old Jun 11, 2021, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Suite upgrades at Hawaii properties will be a challenge anywhere this summer. Demand is sky high and people are willing to pay silly money.
silly money is spot on, I'm wondering about an upgrade as well, but people are still booking up rooms for nearly 1k on my dates...CRAZY
Old Aug 2, 2021, 1:21 pm

Back to report I scored quite the upgrade at Koloa this last week. Fifth night free award as a gold, booked into an island view studio. When I checked the mobile app on the way to the airport my room type was changed to a 2 bedroom, 2 bath villa. At check-in 10 hours later, I was told 'we upgraded you to a one bedroom'...I didn't question it and just thanked them, but when I got to 1207 it was indeed a 2 bedroom villa. There were 3 of us, so it was great for the kiddo to have his own room, but a totally unexpected upgrade!
YariGuy, DELee and Kacee like this.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 7:45 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
The resort is currently running a Black Friday sale that includes $75/day F&B credit and waived resort fee on top of a 20% discount
Old Nov 29, 2021, 8:19 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by skunker
The resort is currently running a Black Friday sale that includes $75/day F&B credit and waived resort fee on top of a 20% discount
Code TRS, Only on 5 nights and longer, they also waive resort fee. Still not much under $600 per night for a studio

Last edited by escapefromphl; Nov 29, 2021 at 8:30 pm
Old Nov 29, 2021, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Code TRS, Only on 5 nights and longer, they also waive resort fee.
Yes, the rate details say it waives resort fee, but the booking page still shows it. Took screenshots just in case.
small ring likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Yes, the rate details say it waives resort fee, but the booking page still shows it. Took screenshots just in case.
Good luck and enjoy - it is a very nice property.

David
Old Nov 29, 2021, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
Good luck and enjoy - it is a very nice property.

David
Thanks! Better than the Grand Hyatt that wants an arm, leg, and first born for anything above a basic room?
Old Nov 29, 2021, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Thanks! Better than the Grand Hyatt that wants an arm, leg, and first born for anything above a basic room?
Yeah but the GH knows that folks are willing to pay for what they've got.

David
Old Dec 25, 2021, 10:43 pm

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by pschris
Any recent DPs on breakfast benefits for Platinum and above? Have a couple nights booked here in later April. Thx!
Well, it's now many months later, but it looks like the benefit is daily $30 F&B credit.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 3:39 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by soartoday
Well, it's now many months later, but it looks like the benefit is daily $30 F&B credit.
It was $15 pp / $30 total in September, I assume still that and not double.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 1:09 am

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
It was $15 pp / $30 total in September, I assume still that and not double.
Yes correct, $30 for the room.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 1:15 pm

Programs: SPG 100 Plat, AA Plat, SWA, Avis Pref., Hertz GLD
Has anyone been able to book with point (studio) and upgrade with cash prior to check-in? I'm trying to maximize my points to get a 1 bedroom, but when i called the property they told me they only do upgrades based on availability at check-in, so not even paid upgrades are available ahead of time
Old Jun 12, 2022, 12:51 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 2015-now; Platinum 09-15; NWA Plat 02-09; Hyatt Globalist, Marriott & Hilton Gold
Just returned from 8 days at the resort. Booked two rooms, first for 8 nights (no upgrade), second for 3 nights (upgraded to suite).

Service is still a bit spotty in the post COVID world. No room service; breakfast service was canceled for three mornings (which sucks because it's the only restaurant on property), "full" cleaning offered only every third day. No late checkout available.

Resort grounds and rooms looked great. A couple of points:

First, great if you have kids. Three pools and they heavily push that it's been rated the best pool in America (seems a stretch to be honest), but it's a very good pool complex regardless. Two waterslides, waterfall, cave grotto complex, beach area (not sandy, boo), infinity pool, adult pool, family lagoon pool are all a plus. No swim up bar or lazy river or real sand. Finding chairs can be a challenge.

Only one restaurant and one bar on property. Food very good - I didn't have a bad dish the entire time I was there - but you do get tired of it after awhile. They don't change the menu or have specials to keep your interest. They do have a marketplace with a limited selection of grocery like items. The lobby bar advertised on the website no longer exists.

Property isn't on the ocean, it's across the street and inland maybe a block but does have ocean access. If that's a big deal to you book somewhere else.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: SPG 100 Plat, AA Plat, SWA, Avis Pref., Hertz GLD
Originally Posted by raincityman
Just returned from 8 days at the resort. Booked two rooms, first for 8 nights (no upgrade), second for 3 nights (upgraded to suite).

Service is still a bit spotty in the post COVID world. No room service; breakfast service was canceled for three mornings (which sucks because it's the only restaurant on property), "full" cleaning offered only every third day. No late checkout available.

Resort grounds and rooms looked great. A couple of points:

First, great if you have kids. Three pools and they heavily push that it's been rated the best pool in America (seems a stretch to be honest), but it's a very good pool complex regardless. Two waterslides, waterfall, cave grotto complex, beach area (not sandy, boo), infinity pool, adult pool, family lagoon pool are all a plus. No swim up bar or lazy river or real sand. Finding chairs can be a challenge.

Only one restaurant and one bar on property. Food very good - I didn't have a bad dish the entire time I was there - but you do get tired of it after awhile. They don't change the menu or have specials to keep your interest. They do have a marketplace with a limited selection of grocery like items. The lobby bar advertised on the website no longer exists.

Property isn't on the ocean, it's across the street and inland maybe a block but does have ocean access. If that's a big deal to you book somewhere else.
thanks for the write up. We’re heading there next month. We’re there any breakfast benefits for Marriott bonvoy elites?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.