Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hotel Nassau Breda, Autograph Collection - Netherlands [Master Thread]

Old May 22, 16, 11:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

New property opening July 2016. Category 6.

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ph-collection/

Centrally located between Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Antwerp and Brussel

"Hotel Nassau Breda is a destination on its own. Hotel Nassau Breda is located in the centre of the vibrant city centre of Breda and is one of the most luxury lifestyle hotels in the region. The unique historical venue tells the ancient stories of the time nobility lived here as well as the time that the nuns housed the poor and educated children. The remarkable combination of the old architecture of the venue and the cutting edge design of the interior makes your stay as unforgettable as comfortable. The hotel offers 95 one of a kind rooms including a Panoramic Suite on the sixth floor. Your stay at Hotel Nassau Breda will be enhanced by our amenities including a fitness center, exclusive restaurant, luxury in-room toiletries, and free high-speed Internet access. Our contemporary meeting spaces and unique event venue in the chapel of the old monastery sets the tone for your next event."

Cheers.
Old Jun 15, 16, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Marriott press release mentioned 4 new Autographs, of which Hotel Nassau Breda is one. Also said that it opened on May 26, 2016.

"Hotel Nassau Breda, Autograph Collection (Breda, The Netherlands)

In the heart of the vibrant city of Breda, the Hotel Nassau Breda, which opened on May 26, 2016, redefines the Breda hotel market. The hotel is the perfect combination of rich history and contemporary comfort and luxury. On one of the oldest streets in the city centre, Three Court Houses, a convent and a beautiful chapel have been converted into a hotel with 95 rooms, several meeting spaces and a fine dining restaurant. Hotel Nassau Breda has been created for travelers that want to experience the unexpected, that are looking for adventure while also expect traditional values of a luxury hotel. The hotel’s signature is “Nothing to Confess,” reminding guests that within the vast walls of the hotel, everyone can be a sinner. The restaurant serves excellent dishes centering on a “Mad for food” philosophy."
Old Jul 6, 16, 12:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Silver
I had an enjoyable stay here a few weeks ago. They may overdo the convent theme a bit, but the staff was nice.

Tried to get a panoramic pic of the room:

Nice Platinum Elite welcome gift:

Took a few minutes to find the Breakfast Buffet, but it was worth the trip (also those windows overlook a nice meeting/venue space):
Old Jul 6, 16, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Cool - thanks for the pics!

Cheers.
Old Oct 5, 16, 11:40 am
RZR

Programs: AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
I'm SPG plat and just did the status match thing with Marriot.

I'l be at this property in a few days , what do plats receive. Free breakfast? room Upgrades?
Old Oct 5, 16, 11:48 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Silver
I can't remember now if the room was upgraded (I don't think so), but as a Plat I got the welcome gift in the first photo and a buffet breakfast.
Old Oct 5, 16, 12:02 pm
RZR

I'm SPG plat and just did the status match thing with Marriot.

I'l be at this property in a few days , what do plats receive. Free breakfast? room Upgrades?
Old Oct 5, 16, 12:11 pm
RZR

Ok. Thx much for the info
Old Dec 31, 16, 3:51 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA-1P AB-Gold SPG-Plat Hilton-DIA Hyatt-DIA PC-Gold MR-Plat Hertz-PC
Ill be checking in later today. Will be my first Marriott stay as a platinum. Room already showing as upgraded to an "executive" room. Will report back.
Old Apr 30, 17, 1:53 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

April 20176: Review

Hi,

Did a last min decision to stay at this property the day before Kings' day (27 April) so used cash+points for my stay (17.5k + 73 Euro).

Location: Within the city center ring. Approx 15 mins walk from the train station and about 5-10 mins for the different parts of the city (club area, main square area, main cathedral, etc).

Check-in: Very fast and efficient. Given a run down of the different facilities at the hotel and benefits as an Elite member.

Room: I believe I was given the normal Superior room (although I was informed at check-in I was in an Executive room- but from the photos on the hotel website, it did not look like it).
Anyway, it was big enough for a one night stay. Was provided with welcome amenities as posted previously (only difference is the white wine vs the red wine). The layout of the room was to me on a strange side - the toilet/WC was at the entrance and the bathroom all the way at the other side of the room. This looks to be rather inconvenient as it means you have to walk all the way to the other side of the room after using the toilet to wash.
Also not sure if it is only for rooms with a King bed, but there is no door for the bathroom. (hopefully not the case if you have a twin room and staying with someone not very familiar).

Bathroom: Nice layout with a double wash sink. Again, the design is nice, but from functionality point of view not very. The reason is there was no place to place your own stuff or even the towels. You had to place it on the shelf below the sink. Also not sure if a one-off, but there was no floor towel provided. The amenities provided was nice, goes along with the hotel theme.

Breakfast: Due to the size of the hotel, it was located all the way at the other end of the building of my room. Luckily signage was good, so it was easy to find. Entering the breakfast room for the first time really gives you the wow feeling. Breakfast spread was good and you had a a separate to-order menu.

Bar area: The lobby bar was very nice and to me very well integrated into the hotel design. On a side note I believe that evening one of the world's famous dutch DJ was at the bar (I did not bother to go nosing around to confirm if it was him). Prices were 1-2 Euro's more compared to outside, which to me is acceptable.

Staff: All the staff encountered were very friendly and helpful.

General: This has got to be one of my top Autograph Collection that I have stayed before. Just loved how they have integrated the old and the new and really made the place unique from design point of view. Only minor flaw is the functionality of the room. Would certainly return to this property in future even though I live less than 100 kms from this place.

Elite benefits: Not much other than the welcome amenity and either the 500 points or breakfast option. (not sure if I was upgraded).

Cheers!
Thunderroad likes this.
Old Apr 30, 17, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the detailed trip report. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jun 4, 18, 11:00 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Any more recent Platinum experiences ?
Old Aug 5, 18, 3:10 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriott PPE, KL/AF FB Plat
Checked in twice last week, will definitely stay here again. As MR Plat room got upgraded twice (first stay one category, second time two categories). First time received the welcome gift and took complimentary breakfast as platinum amenity - breakfast is very good compared to the other Marriott / Sheraton / Element properties in the Netherlands.
Very conveniently located, as mentioned before it's a 15mins walk from the train station (52mins from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport by train, 1h10 from Brussels Airport), though with larger suitcases I'd consider taking a local bus, many of them are driving to the hotel, for 2 stops.

Staff is very friendly and seem to really care about their clients. I'd definitely go back here in case I'll have to be in the region.
Old Aug 5, 18, 7:35 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by arjen05 View Post
Checked in twice last week, will definitely stay here again. As MR Plat room got upgraded twice (first stay one category, second time two categories). First time received the welcome gift and took complimentary breakfast as platinum amenity - breakfast is very good compared to the other Marriott / Sheraton / Element properties in the Netherlands.
Very conveniently located, as mentioned before it's a 15mins walk from the train station (52mins from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport by train, 1h10 from Brussels Airport), though with larger suitcases I'd consider taking a local bus, many of them are driving to the hotel, for 2 stops.

Staff is very friendly and seem to really care about their clients. I'd definitely go back here in case I'll have to be in the region.
Hi,
Do agree with most of the points above, stayed back in early July (was going to write a review, but slipped in doing it). Anyway on both my stays (both on points, one last year and one this year), did not get any upgrade (maybe because of award booking), though I did get a nice welcome gift in the room including the normal Platinum option for breakfast.
My only complain about the breakfast are 2 main items
- during the weekends - no eggs on order which I find not acceptable for a hotel of this standard, is it too expensive for them to hire someone?
- the sausages on offer - seems to be the hotdog type quality

Other than that, indeed it is one of the better hotels especially in the treatment of elite members and the best is the quirky interior which I think is the highlight of this place. I know that even some locally born DJ but one of the most famous DJ worldwide do come here once a while for drinks at the bar.

Cheers!
Old Aug 6, 18, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the updates. Much appreciated.

Cheers.

Search this Thread