Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Rooms Hotel Tbilisi, Georgia - Design Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2016, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)

Joined Starwood last May 18, 2016 as category 3.

Glad it did as Sheraton Tbilisi is closed until March 2017.
Gota upcoming stay this August and will post how it goes. Rates are like 175-200$/night with tax so using points I find is a steal here with the 5th night free award.

Rated #1 in Tbilisi as well @ TA.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 4:37 pm
Community Director Emerita

Very interested in reports from anyone who has stayed here.

Base rooms appear to be quite small. Rooms offered are either two twin beds or a queen. At just 7,000 points/night, I would be happy to spend additional points to get a king bed/more spacious room. This property only offers the base room on points so there is no way to spend more points to get a better room. Has anyone successfully gotten a better room, by paying money on top of points or because of status?
Old Apr 29, 2017, 12:13 am

Programs: SK Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Very interested in reports from anyone who has stayed here.

Base rooms appear to be quite small. Rooms offered are either two twin beds or a queen. At just 7,000 points/night, I would be happy to spend additional points to get a king bed/more spacious room. This property only offers the base room on points so there is no way to spend more points to get a better room. Has anyone successfully gotten a better room, by paying money on top of points or because of status?
I stayed there during a NYE trip one year ago, so before it became a Starwood property. I enjoyed the hotel tremendously. It's very trendy with local people mingling in the bar and coming to the restaurant.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Travel4Love
I stayed there during a NYE trip one year ago, so before it became a Starwood property. I enjoyed the hotel tremendously. It's very trendy with local people mingling in the bar and coming to the restaurant.
Thank you.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 1:29 am

Its on my list for next spring. I'm living in Israel currently, and Georgia seems to be a very popular destination for Israelis. Two different couples I know have stayed at the Rooms in the last six months, and both said it was a great experience and very enjoyable.

I really get the sense that Georgia is on the verge of being a very 'it' destination, so it may be worth getting in now...!
Old May 2, 2017, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I have been in touch with the property. The property will upsell to a king bed room for $50++ on top of award points. At the moment, the larger room/bed is not available for the night we want. We are on a waiting list.
Old May 2, 2017, 12:34 am

Programs: SK Gold
Originally Posted by makin'miles
I really get the sense that Georgia is on the verge of being a very 'it' destination, so it may be worth getting in now...!
That's exactly what my family was thinking while we were there. So happy to be here now, before the crowds are rushing in!
Old May 29, 2017, 9:46 am

We came to this hotel after a night at the fantastic Rooms Hotel Kazbegi. There is a similar feel on arriving at the property with the old wood cladding exterior used by both. This hotel is also a repurposing of a building from the Soviet era. It was the original office for Pravda. We booked a base room with points, then contacted the property to see if we could upgrade to a larger room. We were allowed to upgrade to a signature king room for an additional $50 plus 18%. I thought this was very fair. Still, I wasn't particularly keen on the room. It is very dark with dark wallpaper, headboard and drapes. It is a quirky layout, with the normal bathroom fixtures divided between three spaces. In the entry is a small room with a toilet and sink. In the bedroom is a four footed tub. Off the bedroom is a room with a walk in shower and another sink. The bedroom itself has the bed, desk, dresser and two very low upholstered chairs.

Folks who like to spend time in the public areas of a hotel will enjoy the Rooms Hotel. It has several appealing spaces, from warm and comfortable lounges with multiple seating groups, a bar, a balcony along the street off the bar, and a garden bar/lounge area. There is also a hotel restaurant beyond the bar and lounges. Service is excellent. This is no cookie cutter hotel. You'll find nothing like it anywhere else in the world. I really like that aspect of it.

The Rooms Hotel Kazbegi did not acknowledge my platinum status in any way nor did I expect it to do so. The Rooms Hotel Tibilisi left a fruit bowl with fresh apricots and tiny local strawberries as well as a bottle of Georgian wine.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:08 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Wanted to drop a few quick notes regarding a two-night stay I completed here earlier today:

- Booked a base urban queen room, wound up getting upgraded to a garden [courtyard] view twin for no reason whatsoever other than the fact that the reception agent was FABULOUS [more on her later].
- The entry-level rooms are indeed small, but the garden view twin has more space and an absolutely gorgeous bathroom with glass bricks in the shower.
- My rate included breakfast in the lovely Kitchen; food was excellent and the staff were attentive, friendly and phenomenal all-around.
- The DESIGN of this place - oh my, I could speak of it for hours. From thousands of books in shelves in the lobby to the couches to the linoleum flooring to the wood panelling on the exterior/interior/floors, this property is a work of art and deserves all the praise it gets.
- They say service makes all the difference and it totally does here - all the reception staff were friendly, informed and proud of their workplace, the restaurant team was amazing as was the team serving the courtyard bar. If you have the pleasure of dealing with Tako, tell her 'hi' from the 'guest with the book' - she's zany, energetic and such a blast to deal with. I ordered a Design Hotels book from her and she forgot to sort it out so, aside from apologizing profusely, she sent up a beautiful bottle of Saperavi wine as an apology present. Totally unnecessary for an extra half-hour wait for the book but such a lovely gesture nonetheless.

So happy I stayed here. I'd love to check out the Sheraton Metechi Palace the next time I'm in Georgia, but for now, I'm thrilled to have experienced the Rooms Tbilisi as I relax on the mountain-facing balcony at Rooms Hotel Kazbegi. Thoughts on that property coming soon [spoiler: they're great!].

khabah
Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:11 pm

I'm currently in the middle of a stay here, and my oh my...is this place wonderful.

We're in a twin garden room and the bathroom is WONDERFUL. Just a work of art like another said. This hotel is the perfect blend with style and hipness. It's just PERFECT.

I'm not the type to hang out in a hotel when I'm on vacation, however we've eaten lunch in the hotel restaurant and a dinner across the street at Lolita - even though they are not connected it's part of the hotel. We'll probably have dinner when we get back there tomorrow night from our stay at Rooms Kazbegi (another insane property). It's always a good sign when you see many locals in the hotel itself.

It's really shocking neither of these properties have really been reviewed by any bloggers. But that's probably a good thing...
Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Jesperss
I'm currently in the middle of a stay here, and my oh my...is this place wonderful.

We're in a twin garden room and the bathroom is WONDERFUL. Just a work of art like another said. This hotel is the perfect blend with style and hipness. It's just PERFECT.

I'm not the type to hang out in a hotel when I'm on vacation, however we've eaten lunch in the hotel restaurant and a dinner across the street at Lolita - even though they are not connected it's part of the hotel. We'll probably have dinner when we get back there tomorrow night from our stay at Rooms Kazbegi (another insane property). It's always a good sign when you see many locals in the hotel itself.

It's really shocking neither of these properties have really been reviewed by any bloggers. But that's probably a good thing...
Sounds like you're echoing my exact emotions; Rooms Tbilisi is such a class act. I'm actually at the Kazbegi property right now; leaving tomorrow morning for TBS. When you heading out?

khabah
Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:39 pm

Ha! We're here tonight as well, going back to Tbilisi for one more night (never checked out) at Rooms, then four days at Hilton Batumi. We rented a car and drove here.

Georgia is such a wonderful country.
Old May 22, 2018, 1:53 pm

I just wanted to bump this thread with a few comments after a short stay this weekend: what a fantastic property.

I booked on points, and was upgraded to a Queen Terrace Room - it wasn't large, but it was incredibly comfortable - in particular the bedding and mattress. My room was well lit, but a friend's room (a Garden View Twin) did seem darker. Points was a very good deal at 7K/night, as the paid SPG rates were somewhere about USD250/night, a fortune in Georgia. (No BRG was found).

Breakfast at The Kitchen was excellent. We also had dinner one night, and very much enjoyed that. Prices were very reasonable, and they have a great cocktail menu (try the Spiced Sour).

Its worth noting that the same owners have opened The Stamba, a new Design Hotel property in an adjoining building located across the back garden from Rooms. (Not currently part of SPG). The first few floors are open, but construction on the top floors is ongoing. (Its like they built and finished the first three floors and are now adding two more on top). There was a bit of noise during the day, but nothing at night. Nothing too disruptive.

Stamba looked quite nice; we had drinks and dinner there, but preferred Rooms, as it felt cozier.

I unreservedly recommend Tbilisi, and Rooms is a outstanding base. It was such a great long-weekend away.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:41 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Spent six nights here in December and found it enjoyable enough - however I'm not as enthusiastic about it as other posters.

Booked a Terrace King Room so as the highest category of room obviously didn't get, nor expect, an upgrade. Zero platinum recognition which is no huge deal as not much is on offer at Design Hotels - would have appreciated a couple of free bottles of water at least though.
A bottle of wine and fruit plate was in the room, but I think that is standard for all guests.

Room was ok - loved the bathroom and the bed was quite good. My inner germaphobe wants to believe them when the say the timber shower floors are deeply cleaned - but my inner capitalist looks at the large number of rooms and the limited number of housekeeping staff and wonders. . The floor to ceiling glass doors out to the terrace were great for bringing a lot of natural light into the room and the terrace was a perfect size.

I see on trip advisor the owner gets antsy if any criticism is made of the room design so I wouldn't dare do that - but sometimes a subscription to Wallpaper* doesn't make one a designer. Lots of small quality of life issues that over six nights became annoying - particular with light switches and power outlets, which could be fixed without effecting the design of the room. I also don't think the location of the bath in the living area works - but that is a very subjective personal view.

Also some false advertising in terms of the room - these top floor terrace now look out onto the scaffolding of the construction site on the other side of the courtyard - something not reflected the in the photos on the website and they should really be sold as courtyard view rooms as opposed to the current wording. Also far too much cross advertising of restaurants etc owned by the Hotel owners - ultimately not a huge issue.

Breakfast was included in my rate which was ok, a bit of variety would have been appreciated but no real complaints. Also had an evening meal in the restaurant which was fine - the menu appeared to be trying to hard to be all things but Georgian that it lacked coherence but overall quite good. Also had a meal at the cafe in Stamba which was very poor - certainly not at the level of the Rooms Restaurant.

Bar was fine and location was ok. So enjoyable stay but not something I'd rave too much about. Room was massively overpriced for Georgia in winter.

Bedroom

Bedroom

Bathroom
Old May 24, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Plat
Upgrades at Rooms Hotel Tbilisi?

I'm Marriott Titanium, 5 nights booked at Rooms Hotel Tbilisi. It's my first stay at a rooms hotel, and was disappointed when I found out that SNAs couldn't be used at these properties. But with 5th night free, only coming to 20k pts/night in the summer, went for the booking. Couple of questions from anyone's previous experience:

1. does a suite upgrade feel likely? seems like they don't really acknowledge status too much
2. what benefits are you conceding by staying at design hotels, since they don't seem to be a fully integrated brand into marriott bonvoy, just a more loose assocation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.