Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post Your Experiences: Late Check-Out for Elites (Starting 5/16/16)

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2016, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joshua362
Brilliant if needed on multi day stay. But if this is truly needed (requesting at check in), Marriott is going to shoot themselves in the foot operationally as many will simple invoke the 4pm max in advance, regardless of actual need. And leave without saying goodbye leaving a lot of rooms needing cleaning at 4:01.
That is what I was thinking. It does not make sense.
Old May 22, 2016, 2:06 pm

Ritz Amelia Island. Checkout extended to 1pm.
Old May 22, 2016, 2:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dank0014

As a side note, their AGM from this hotel was just promoted to corporate and is now in charge of the SPG/Marriott Rewards merger expected to fully be combined in 2018.
That's frightening.
Old May 22, 2016, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Residence Inn La Jolla

Yesterday, I got the notification on the app asking if I want to check-in, which I did. The app also now asks if you want to request a late check-out, which I did. The hotel is on the way to the airport, so it'll be nice to drive back to the room, change into better traveling clothes, then use the app to check-out. I also don't like leaving my carry-on in the car if I don't have to, especially if I cannot get a spot inside the covered garage at my client.

I arrived around 9pm tonight, and the FDC went through the motions. Eventually, she said, "As a Marriott Gold, you have the option for a 4pm checkout. Would you like that?" I said I requested it in the app. Done and done.
Old May 23, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
That's nice that the app has the option for a late checkout when doing mobile check in, but I would definitely confirm that with the front desk person upon arrival.
Old May 23, 2016, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
That's nice that the app has the option for a late checkout when doing mobile check in, but I would definitely confirm that with the front desk person upon arrival.
The apps pops up a window telling you to confirm with the front desk.
Old May 23, 2016, 10:43 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by sig05
Ritz Amelia Island. Checkout extended to 1pm.
What/when did you request?
Old May 23, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Titanium, National Car Exec Elite
Received at the Renaissance Dubai Downtown on April 18. I asked on the morning of my departure if I could have a late checkout. The agent went into the back office, then came out and said she would schedule me for 4 pm. A few days later I heard about the 4pm policy, so she probably went to confirm it with her supervisor.
Old May 23, 2016, 3:00 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Checked in at the Fairfield Inn near the Perimeter Mall in Atlanta on May 17th, checked out the 19th. Was not asked about late check out and didn't ask (I checked out early on the 19th).
Old May 23, 2016, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by troydwhite
Received at the Renaissance Dubai Downtown on April 18. I asked on the morning of my departure if I could have a late checkout. The agent went into the back office, then came out and said she would schedule me for 4 pm. A few days later I heard about the 4pm policy, so she probably went to confirm it with her supervisor.
I this property even open yet?? Checking on Marriott.com it states opening Dec 2016 and is not even open for bookings yet!!
Old May 23, 2016, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by ohmark
What/when did you request?
Requested at check in, was told to call day of check out for confirmation of late checkout. 2-night stay and granted a 1pm checkout (standard is 11).
Old May 23, 2016, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold & Marriott Gold
Residence Inn Denver City Center:

Late checkout not offered nor requested at check in. On check out morning I requested an extra hour and it was granted without any drama.
Old May 23, 2016, 7:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sig05
Requested at check in, was told to call day of check out for confirmation of late checkout. 2-night stay and granted a 1pm checkout (standard is 11).
You shouldn't have to call for confirmation on the day of departure. It's guaranteed, versus having to call the front desk on your last morning and beg, hoping it will work out but being unable to make plans until then.
Old May 23, 2016, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LP, Hertz Gold
Tysons Corner Marriott, 4pm
Old May 23, 2016, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You shouldn't have to call for confirmation on the day of departure. It's guaranteed, versus having to call the front desk on your last morning and beg, hoping it will work out but being unable to make plans until then.
Uh, aren't resorts excluded from the policy? Nothing in my post suggested that I had to beg for a late checkout. They told me to call, which I did and they magically granted me a late checkout.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.