Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Metropolitan, Paris, Tribute Portfolio [Master Thread]

Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: EX-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...caleCode=en_US
Old Apr 12, 2016, 2:12 pm

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
I have a reservation there from this coming Thursday to Sunday. Will provide feedback on the stay once completed. So far, I have applied SNAs to the stay, but they haven't cleared despite the website showing suite availability.... Will wait and see.

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I'm curious as to whether they've renovated from its days as a Radisson Blu property. We stayed there about a year and a half ago, and while I liked the location, the property showed significant wear.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:48 am

I immensely liked the hotel. Was there the second day it moved to starwood. Excellent BRG rate and SNA cleared to Eiffel-tower view suite (I think my ambassador was involved). The restaurant was also excellent and I liked the spa/pool. I can confirm, however, some of the "wear" mentioned above such as not-working telephone, loose power sockets, missing plug for bathtub, a broken light bulb, strange heating thermostat (no setting below 25C possible), no room service menu etc.; and strangely the stay was not posted so far to my SPG account. However, these are only minor points, and considering that this was the less expensive starwood property in Paris at this time, clearly extremely good value.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 1:45 pm

Just checked out today, and am similarly impressed by the hotel. I had attempted to get an SNA cleared for the top floor suite, but this suite turned out to have been placed in the SNA pool by mistake and the upgrade request was declined. However, the hotel still upgraded me to a normal Eiffel Tower view suite without using SNAs. To me the room did not seem tired or worn at all, though the triangular layout takes a bit of getting used to. Where the hotel excels, especially in relation to Paris's other starwoods, is in the service orientation of its staff. Every staff member in the hotel was very pleasant and clearly happy to go the extra mile to make the guests feel welcome and comfortable. This is true across the board and in all of the hotel's departments. The location is great, close to Trocadero and the Eiffel Tower, but in any case using Uber made getting around really easy in Paris. The fact that a boutique hotel of this size has a pool is also a major plus! The only thing that must change is that the hotel only has one type of pillow - the relatively hard foam type. Being used to sleeping on down pillows, this made it a bit uncomfortable for me. I congratulate Starwood for adding this hotel to its portfolio and will make it my preferred choice in Paris.

Originally Posted by Opaks
I immensely liked the hotel. Was there the second day it moved to starwood. Excellent BRG rate and SNA cleared to Eiffel-tower view suite (I think my ambassador was involved). The restaurant was also excellent and I liked the spa/pool. I can confirm, however, some of the "wear" mentioned above such as not-working telephone, loose power sockets, missing plug for bathtub, a broken light bulb, strange heating thermostat (no setting below 25C possible), no room service menu etc.; and strangely the stay was not posted so far to my SPG account. However, these are only minor points, and considering that this was the less expensive starwood property in Paris at this time, clearly extremely good value.
Old May 5, 2016, 5:22 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Any recent stay reports here as platinum?

Platinum breakfast benefit?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 5, 2016, 10:19 am

Yes, as there is no lounge, continental breakfast is provided in the restaurant on the ground floor. Fabulous pastries and jams/honey.

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Any recent stay reports here as platinum?

Platinum breakfast benefit?

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 9:45 pm

Any update on your stay?
Old Aug 19, 2016, 3:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Cosy pool area in basement, with massage options etc. But the limited size means if anyone are booked for massage they close the pool area:-:
Old Dec 25, 2016, 12:58 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Just an update on the breakfast based upon a stay checking out yesterday. Continental breakfast costs 20 EUR. Full a la carte breakfast costs 30 EUR. As a platinum you will get the continental breakfast if you forego the 500 point platinum amenity. To upgrade to the a la carte you will have to pay the 10 EUR difference per person. I generally found the a la carte menu rather limited - no vegetables, fish, pancakes, waffles, etc. that I would normally expect from a non a la carte breakfast in Europe. I should have tested this however. The staff is quite customer-oriented, so perhaps ordering off menu would also be possible.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 5:56 am

Completed two stays here in the last week. On a 1 night stay while we were transiting Paris, stayed in a classic room (no upgrades available), while a five night award stay got us a junior suite.

The rooms were very well maintained - I had no issues there at all. The classic room we were in was a very odd layout with the shower/sink on one side of the room and the toilet on the other - very odd to wash your hands on the other end of the room. The junior suite, on the other hand, was absolutely perfect - a beautiful design and very comfortable, with a giant bathroom and walk in shower (the shower there was bigger than both half bathrooms combined from the classic). Macarons were waiting for us in both rooms, as well as a bottle of champagne in the junior suite. My bigger issue with maintenance is the hallways - they have either teal or purple carpet that has seen better decades. Quite a few stains and holes. The hallways are tiny, so it shouldn't cost that much to update! That said, the lobby and rooms are the only places I'm spending time, so it's a minor bone.

We did not elect to have breakfast in the hotel - I'd rather go out and explore the cafs. We did have drinks one evening and the pours were generous to say the least.

I would echo the comments on the staff - simply wonderful and service oriented. We were treated by name every night as we arrived back to the hotel - and remembered between stays. We had stayed at Le Dokhan's before this due to the Le Metropolitan being sold out on Bastille Day (we walked over and watched the fireworks from the street outside Le Metropolitan regardless). Since we were using Paris as a base for exploration, we brought a smaller bag and planned to leave our larger suitcase in Paris. I walked over to Le Metropolitan and confirmed they could store our luggage before our official stay (both hotels are tiny with limited storage space) and there was no problem. One of the same people was working the next morning when I came by with the luggage and he recognized me by name before I had even stayed in the hotel! I will say that the evening crew (or Sunday morning) is much more friendly than the day shift. I did get some attitude on a Tuesday morning attempting to re-store our luggage as we headed out again, even though I had cleared this already.

From an overall environment, things are very easy to get to. Both Victor Hugo and Trocodro metro stations are an easy walk away. I wouldn't bother with Uber, it's very easy to connect off of the metro lines that serve these stations and traffic can get a bit congested in Trocodro when there's a delivery, drop off, construction, etc.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 2:57 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
currently staying here for 2nd time.

Location was pretty good. Nice neighborhood with many shops and restaurants.

I was upgraded to a suite with eiffel tower view (though on a low floor). The suite itself was nice and spacious (much bigger than the deluxe room i had on first stay). The layout was more like a junior suite (one big room). Bathroom was very good with separate bathtub and walk-in shower though im not sure about the cleanliness (heavily dust).

There is an android phone with unlimited 4G data and free calling to the some countries (US included) in each room. Guests can bring it out while exploring Paris. This is a new benefit of staying here. Reception staffs were always nice, friendly and helpful. Overall service was good too. Didn't go down to the gym/pool area this time.

I took breakfast as my platinum amenity. The policy still remains unchanged. You got only continental breakfast for 2 persons. If you want an egg dish, pay more 10 EUR/person. Food was so-so except bakery that was outstanding. Service at breakfast could also be better. I recommend any platinum members take the 500 points instead.

Other minor hiccups
- housekeeping service was a hit or miss.
- extremely slow wifi, almost unusable. also no premium internet for elite member.
- limited tv channels.
- some maintenance issues, ex. broken light bulbs in room, torn and worn carpet in hallway, still remain.
- not so good soundproofing.

Overall an acceptable stay for a 4-star boutique hotel in the heart of Paris. However i wouldnt stay here again unless the rate is less than 150 EUR/night.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: *wood Gold
We stayed here for two nights at the end of a longer trip. I found it to be a lovely hotel in a great neighborhood. No big problems or hiccups to speak of. I'm gold, so no upgrade but they did send up some macaroons the first day with a nice note. We didn't eat breakfast, or use the android phone, or visit the gym/pool area so I can't comment on those. However we had dinner in the restaurant on our second and last night and found it to be outstanding. Typically we don't eat at the hotel but it had been a long trip, it was raining, and we just wanted something easy. I would definitely stay here again.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:45 pm

Looking to book a Marriott/SPG hotel in Paris Nov 28 to Dec 2 2018. Anyone have an updated report on this hotel?

Is there a lounge? Breakfast details?
Old Oct 18, 2018, 8:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by chimark
We had stayed at Le Dokhan's before this due to the Le Metropolitan being sold out on Bastille Day (we walked over and watched the fireworks from the street outside Le Metropolitan regardless). Since we were using Paris as a base for exploration, we brought a smaller bag and planned to leave our larger suitcase in Paris. I walked over to Le Metropolitan and confirmed they could store our luggage before our official stay (both hotels are tiny with limited storage space) and there was no problem. One of the same people was working the next morning when I came by with the luggage and he recognized me by name before I had even stayed in the hotel! I will say that the evening crew (or Sunday morning) is much more friendly than the day shift. I did get some attitude on a Tuesday morning attempting to re-store our luggage as we headed out again, even though I had cleared this already.
From what I can gather on TripAdvisor, the two hotels share ownership and managers.

What are the advantages or disadvantages of each? I'm looking at staying at one of the properties in December instead of my usual hotel, the Renaissance Republique. My only concern is the walking distance looks considerably further from Notre Dame, Htel de Ville and Saint-Germain.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.