Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hotel Imperial, Luxury Collection, Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Oct 2017:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ial-suite-2198
Print Wikipost

Hotel Imperial, Luxury Collection, Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2004, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I had a junior suite at the Imperial on an award stay a couple of years back, as a Plat. It had a long entry hallway, small bathroom, and closets, then a medium-sized sitting area with several chairs, couch, TV and working desk. There was a large two-door entry to the bedroom section and a second ensuite full bathroom. My room was on the 4th floor and overlooked the courtyard, so nothing stunning to look out on. Was treated very well, as I have posted elsewhere. Best "gift" amenity was a box of mini-Imperial Tortes!
Old May 16, 2004, 8:39 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Thanks for the heads up. What about the butler service, its offered for all rooms...?
Old May 17, 2004, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Skymiles Gold, Staralliance Gold
I've never been offered the butler service at the Imperial......but it really is the best hotel I've stayed at ever. Don't have any doubt and go for it!!
Old May 17, 2004, 10:31 pm

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by fljbrs
I've never been offered the butler service at the Imperial......but it really is the best hotel I've stayed at ever. Don't have any doubt and go for it!!
I guess this confirms that the Butler service is only for selected rooms. Thanks.
Old Jun 7, 2004, 12:54 am

Had a great stay here... upgraded to a nice Suite, free bottle of wine, huge fruit basket, mineral water every day, Imprerial cakes, etc. etc. etc.

Great hotel, you cannot go wrong here.

^ ^
Old Mar 29, 2005, 3:40 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, AA PLT
Transport recommendations - VIE (Hotel Imperial)

I remember seeing a thread on this many months ago, but can't for the life of me find it now, so my apologies.

Mrs. DFWILE and I are heading to Vienna next week for three nights at the Imperial. Flying into VIE from LHR, and then afterwards taking the train to Garmisch-Partenkirchen. Any thoughts/recommendations on getting from the airport to the hotel, and from the hotel to the West Bahnhof? How do taxi and their costs/ese of use compare to the S and U-bahns?

Many thanks in advance.

DFWILE
Old Apr 4, 2005, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K (sob...former GS), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DFWILE
I remember seeing a thread on this many months ago, but can't for the life of me find it now, so my apologies.

Mrs. DFWILE and I are heading to Vienna next week for three nights at the Imperial. Flying into VIE from LHR, and then afterwards taking the train to Garmisch-Partenkirchen. Any thoughts/recommendations on getting from the airport to the hotel, and from the hotel to the West Bahnhof? How do taxi and their costs/ese of use compare to the S and U-bahns?

Many thanks in advance.

DFWILE
DFWILE, I was just at the Imperial 4/1-4/3, and you can arrange a Mercedes sedan transfer for 55 EUR or take a cab (quite often a mercedes, but C class) for 40 euros. It's kind of irritating in that they aren't metered, but rather a fixed price to the airport. On the way in from VIE, the metered cab ran 30 EUR.

I didn't use the U or S-Bahn as I would translate my better half's concept of "traveling light" as "no fewer than 3 bags".

The U-Bahn, however, is very easy to use, and if you get to Wien Mitte station there is a transfer direct to the airport, for something like 10 EUR each, as I recall reading.

enjoy the Imperial - it's maybe my favorite Starwood hotel. I am a lowly nothing (preferred plus due to amex card) and got an upgrade to a suite. Veeeeery nice!
Old Jan 28, 2007, 1:08 pm

Imperial in Vienna- Classic or Deluxe?

I am trying to decide if it is worth 1,500 points per night, (staying 5 nights) to upgrade to a deluxe room! I would have to buy the points, so it would be $210 total the way I figure it. Has anyone stayed in both type of rooms? I will loose my gold status by then, so no upgrade. Also, is 5 days in Vienna in September too long? This is our 1st trip to Austria. Thanks for any info!
Old Jan 28, 2007, 1:43 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by adgtravel
I am trying to decide if it is worth 1,500 points per night, (staying 5 nights) to upgrade to a deluxe room! I would have to buy the points, so it would be $210 total the way I figure it. Has anyone stayed in both type of rooms? I will loose my gold status by then, so no upgrade. Also, is 5 days in Vienna in September too long? This is our 1st trip to Austria. Thanks for any info!

We were there in October and opted for the specialty select. I would say it's worth it. We were there for 6 days and were not able to see or do all we had planned.

A few tips-- we were mad at ourselves for not buying opera tickets in advance but found a little shop on Augustinerkirche (walking distance from the hotel) that had reasonable prices on tickets to even the premiere of Otello a few days before the performance (It's a small street-- the ticket shop is next to the wooden toy store). Speaking of the Augustine Church--it has incredible acoustics-- we heard wonderful music there. For a snack or a sit down meal I recommend Zum Schwartzen Kameel -- the best little sandwiches in Vienna. If you have time-- visit a Heuriger -- the small wine taverns the locals frequent. If you can try some Sturm (semi-fermented grape juice from the first grape harvest of the season).

And if you can squeeze in a day trip-- take a trip to the Wachau, along the Danube. It's incredibly gorgeous and brimming with history--ancient castles, vineyards and orchards, and medieval towns, like Durnstein, where Richard the Lion Hearted was imprisoned.

The Imperial has a perfect location-- easy walking to everything. As a bonus it is directly across from the awesome Musikverein Concert Hall. At night we could hear music drifting from the practice rooms.

The Bristol is even closer to the Opera. We stopped by one afternoon and a manager graciously gave us a brief tour. He encouraged us to try the Bristol on our next stay-- he said it was more "gemütlich"

Last edited by damon88; Jan 29, 2007 at 12:24 pm
Old Jan 29, 2007, 11:34 am

Programs: AGR Select +
Vienna is a great city. We have visited there several times and loved every minute. The longest we have stayed is five days, but there is plenty to see and do. We formerly lived in Europe (Paris & Amsterdam), so as we approached my wife's birthday, she would always say - take me to Vienna instead of gifts and a party. We were not there during the opera season, but certainly enjoyed other attractions. We would usually stay at the Bristol and would be convenient to most things. Shopping is great, restaurants pleantiful and very good. I hope you have a great visit.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 5:50 pm

Hotel Imperial Vienna

Hi,

I will stay at Hotel Imperial in Vienna this summer. As a SPG plat member, what kind of benefits can I expect at this hotel? Is there any lounge in the hotel?

Cheers and many thanks!
Old Jan 31, 2009, 8:30 pm

When I was a Plat, I got upgraded to Elisabeth Suite on an award stay. IIRC there is no lounge.
Our amenity was a book on Vienna and holiday cookies.

Originally Posted by globalflyer88
Hi,

I will stay at Hotel Imperial in Vienna this summer. As a SPG plat member, what kind of benefits can I expect at this hotel? Is there any lounge in the hotel?

Cheers and many thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2009, 8:08 am

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Great Platinum Treatment

Originally Posted by globalflyer88
Hi,

Cheers and many thanks!
Last year I was also upgrade to a large 3 room suite. There is no lounge.
Old May 18, 2009, 8:23 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Any updates? Thanks.

Well. I never thought I would be posting for this property. My conservative nature with money and SPG points never put it in my mind as a option. But the current promotion- rocks!

We will be at the Hotel for three nights. Two on the current promo and one under cash and points. Sounds like Ps are treated well. Any updates? Since this will be for our 10 year anniversary decided to cab it from/to VIE. Otherwise I am on the train. Are we in the season for opera? What is the usual standard of dress for the opera? I was hoping cas. but we can pack something. Is the tea at the Imperial the best in town? Any word on where I would buy a SIM card? Thanks. Any info appreciated. Looking forward to the trip. There soon.
Old May 18, 2009, 8:49 am

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Well. I never thought I would be posting for this property. My conservative nature with money and SPG points never put it in my mind as a option. But the current promotion- rocks!

We will be at the Hotel for three nights. Two on the current promo and one under cash and points. Sounds like Ps are treated well. Any updates? Since this will be for our 10 year anniversary decided to cab it from/to VIE. Otherwise I am on the train. Are we in the season for opera? What is the usual standard of dress for the opera? I was hoping cas. but we can pack something. Is the tea at the Imperial the best in town? Any word on where I would buy a SIM card? Thanks. Any info appreciated. Looking forward to the trip. There soon.
What month will you be there? The hotel booked our opera tickets(approx. $150/ticket). We emailed them three months before. We were dressed smart casual(blazer, no tie), however everyone in our section(row 3) were high formal(Tux).However that was no problem for us.The opera is a must do.. The tea at the Imperial is a great experience.SIM cards are available everywhere (train stations,etc).We use a ONE SIM PHONE which we use everywhere (except Japan )..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.