Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hotel Imperial, Luxury Collection, Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]

Old May 30, 2019, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Oct 2017:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ial-suite-2198
Print Wikipost

Hotel Imperial, Luxury Collection, Vienna, Austria [Master Thread]

Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by crimson12
Thanks. Do you have an opinion as to which would be better with small kids (ages 3 and 1)? Our kids are used to traveling and well behaved, so that isn't an issue for us, but would the hotel look askance?

I guess Imperial is 20k and Bristol is 12k -- the real question is, is Imperial nearly twice as nice as Bristol...
Did you end up staying at hotel Imperial with your two toddlers? I am in the same situation - we have 4 adults and 2 toddlers (5 and 3) and looking to use points to book 5 nights over christmas in vienna.

How much was the extra person fee for each of your toddler per night?

I have trouble finding an email to email the hotel regarding adding 1 toddler to each room so I am not even sure if it’s allowed at all. Does someone have reservation email at this hotel? Please? Thanks!
Old Jun 1, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Question Recent Ambassador Stays

Any ambassadors stay here recently? Wondering if I should use SNAs or just take my chances on an upgrade. Looking some recent personal experiences.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by marlee1421
Any ambassadors stay here recently? Wondering if I should use SNAs or just take my chances on an upgrade. Looking some recent personal experiences.
recent stay as a Titanium. LNF rate. Got a nice Suite upgrade w/o using SNA.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 3:42 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
SNA’s are worth so much here I personally wouldn’t gamble and would use them to select a room you want. Clearly they give you more control and options than just leaving it to chance and hoping the hotel isn’t full of other elites during your stay.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 5:37 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Smile

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
SNA’s are worth so much here I personally wouldn’t gamble and would use them to select a room you want. Clearly they give you more control and options than just leaving it to chance and hoping the hotel isn’t full of other elites during your stay.
sounds like great advice. Any recommendations of what to request and what to avoid with the SNAs? The junior suites do not seem to compare with some of the others.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 5:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I’ve not stayed in a Junior Suite, but they look beautiful from the photos. I was in a 2/story suite last time which had a lovely terrace with a view, but having two levels was a bit pointless.
bhrubin and MrM2016 like this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 1:35 am

I’ve not stayed in a Junior Suite, but they look beautiful from the photos. I was in a 2/story suite last time which had a lovely terrace with a view, but having two levels was a bit pointless.
I found it quite useful for doing in-room dining. The butler would bring in the food directly into the upper floor through a separate entryway to serve, and when done, they can remove the food from upstairs whilst you are downstairs (the bedroom) through the same service door therefore not disturbing you by walking into the bedroom area.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by jaejaez
I found it quite useful for doing in-room dining. The butler would bring in the food directly into the upper floor through a separate entryway to serve, and when done, they can remove the food from upstairs whilst you are downstairs (the bedroom) through the same service door therefore not disturbing you by walking into the bedroom area.
Meanwhile I had my champagne and snacks in bed
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 3:42 am

ok you win
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 12:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
This is a great hotel! Great staff, classy bar, perfect location, great breakfast.

On my last stay, I was upgraded to the Elisabeth Suite without SNA's. A fruit plate was waiting but no champagne or wine.

Might be more difficult to score upgrades during peak tourist season.
bhrubin and kaizen7 like this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 12:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
At the risk of venturing into OMNI territory:
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:52 pm

Just wow. That's almost the perfect troll...
Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Just checked in. Had applied SNAs and was confirmed for the Maria Theresia suite. Arrived around 1pm and since the guest in my assigned room has late check out, I was upgraded again to the Imperial Suite, which has a cash rate just shy of €3k a night and is the second highest category. We also were offered free drinks in the bar for the short 20 minute wait for the better room. The front desk clerk was incredibly helpful.

The suite itself is enormous, certainly the largest I have stayed at in a hotel in North America or Europe. The furnishings are as impressive as the hotel photos suggest.

We were lucky enough to be able to stay in a Gritti suite earlier in the year (also on SNAs) and the Imperial experience, thus far, is right up there.

As people before me in this thread have commented, this is a great place to use your SNAs.
damon88, EuropeanPete and bhrubin like this.

Last edited by MrM2016; Jul 16, 2019 at 6:47 am
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Completed our three night stay, strong impression remained. Plat/Titanium breakfast was the full buffet in the Cafe Imperial, of a high standard, but no al a carte options unlike at the Gritti. We ate one more meal in the Cafe and the quality was good, but the price tag was higher than restaurants outside of the hotel.

Only complaint is that the AC was underpowered, not sure if it was truly individually controlled or a central system. Despite this, this was a great stay and a definite highlight in Marriott's portfolio.

dgreen12, C17PSGR and EuropeanPete like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.