Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SLS Las Vegas NV, LEAVING SPG/Marriott Aug 17, 2018 [Master Thread]

Old Mar 19, 2016, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gengar
As per https://www.starwoodhotels.com/tribu...language=en_US :

The SLS Las Vegas, a Tribute Portfolio Resort will be leaving Marriott on August 17, 2018. Reservations for dates on or after August 17, 2018, will not be eligible for Starwood Preferred Guest membership benefits, award redemption or accrual.

SLS Las Vegas joined SPG in December 2015, having previously being a Hilton Curio (see this thread in the FT Hilton forum.)

Pre-opening discussion is here.

Opening promotion : Celebrate SLS Las Vegas. Register & pick your card to reveal your offer.

The 289-room LUX Tower, one of the three towers onsite, will undergo a conversion and renovation and reopen as W Las Vegas in September 2016. The W will have its own dedicated entrance, lobby, meeting space, pool and facilities and will be managed by Starwood while the remainder of the SLS will remain under its current management. Discussion here.

Shuttle from the LAS Airport stops at 8PM, and is not free for guests to take as of April 1st, 2016. Call property for updates and more info as they don't have it posted on their website.
Print Wikipost

SLS Las Vegas NV, LEAVING SPG/Marriott Aug 17, 2018 [Master Thread]

Old Mar 27, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by kauppias
I guess I now have to concur as I just had it happen for the Fouth time in ONe week...

It really is a bit of a pain... Luckily its fast to spot as the reservation disappears from the app but still seems odd that after years of BRGs this is all of a sudden happening this often?

Not very cool
Kauppias, since they know it is a problem I would not worry about it - for me it was fixed very easily after the fact. Just make sure you keep your confirm/folio and it will be a non-issue. I never even looked at my reservation again from the time I made it/printed it out so unlike you, I never even knew it had disappeared.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Kauppias, since they know it is a problem I would not worry about it - for me it was fixed very easily after the fact. Just make sure you keep your confirm/folio and it will be a non-issue. I never even looked at my reservation again from the time I made it/printed it out so unlike you, I never even knew it had disappeared.
Good point, but when a problem repeats itself often I do worry hopefully they rectify the problem for good soon this issue is not limited to SLS now...
Old Mar 27, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Why does this hotel cost 12000 points to use reward on, when the street price average to be $50-75 a night?
The services and room provided is not at the same level as SLS Miami or Beverly Hills... More like a third level hotel off the strip...
I think this one is more like a category 2
Old Mar 27, 2016, 3:17 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by zhan
Why does this hotel cost 12000 points to use reward on, when the street price average to be $50-75 a night?
The services and room provided is not at the same level as SLS Miami or Beverly Hills... More like a third level hotel off the strip...
I think this one is more like a category 2
Weekend and high season price are much higher, hence the cat 5... Its a new hotel so its a estimate.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 12:52 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, SPG Plat, HGVC, AsiaMiles
Staying at the moment on an $82/night rate. Got upgraded to Lux room which is quite pleasant although no bath, only shower (which, for me, does not make it a "luxurious bathroom" as advertised).

Also, FYI, there is no more free shuttle. They have just started implementing a $7 per person per journey fee. Questioned whether this shouldn't be part of the resort fee but was met with attitude!
Old Apr 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Does anyone have a link to the cached page showing the resort fee includes the airport shuttle? It was definitely there when I made my reservation and I never thought to print it off. TIA
Old Apr 2, 2016, 6:34 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Does anyone have a link to the cached page showing the resort fee includes the airport shuttle? It was definitely there when I made my reservation and I never thought to print it off. TIA
If you go to The Tribute website, it is still there. It doesn't say it is part of the resort fee but does say it is complimentary. Print it!

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/tribut...language=en_US

It also states on SPG.com that the shuttle is complimentary: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...ropertyID=4420

Last edited by controller1; Apr 2, 2016 at 7:14 pm Reason: Added SPG.com URL for shuttle
Old Apr 2, 2016, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by controller1
If you go to The Tribute website, it is still there. It doesn't say it is part of the resort fee but does say it is complimentary. Print it!

It also states on SPG.com that the shuttle is complimentary: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...ropertyID=4420
thanks....i'm going to print this for my stay next week....
Old Apr 3, 2016, 1:26 am

Just a few datapoints

I have an upcoming BRG stay for next week at this property.

So far my SPG number is still saved in the reservation. It was odd that I already found out that my BRG was approved, because of a re confirmation email from the property where the BRG rate was indicated, even before I got the approval email from BRG desk.

I booked the 3x SPG/20% off rate, since this was the cheapest and seemed to have the same cancellation terms as the best flex. Although I have noticed in my initial confirmation email there is clearly indicated that a deposit (= rate for 1 night, stay is 1 night) is due at time of reservation. I can not remember if this showed up when actually making the reservation.

I did not know about the pick your card promotion, so I just registered. Would I still be eligible for the 1000 extra SPG points since I already made the reservation prior to my registration? Usually this works out well for SPG promo's but I am not sure about this one.

And did anybody still get the 3X SPG points for a BRG reservation when the original reservation was for that specific rate?

Re the shuttle: I am 100% sure the complimentary shuttle is still advertised on SPG. This was the reason I choose SLS over the Westin since rates were more or less the same. I do count on the complimentary shuttle .

Last edited by Epicura; Apr 3, 2016 at 1:37 am
Old Apr 3, 2016, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Epicura
Re the shuttle: I am 100% sure the complimentary shuttle is still advertised on SPG. This was the reason I choose SLS over the Westin since rates were more or less the same. I do count on the complimentary shuttle .
keep us posted on what happens with the shuttle....i'm staying here in another 10 days....
Old Apr 3, 2016, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by controller1

You're a genius.

THANKS!
Old Apr 3, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott & Starwood Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Platinum benefits at SLS Las Vegas?

Hi All,

Trying to plan labor day in las vegas. I'm Diamond with Hyatt, so would be Platinum with all MGM/M Life properties, and trying to compare those benefits to what I would get at the SLS as a Platinum with SPG. Would be booking 2 rooms for 3 nights. Most interested in room upgrades (7 of us for 2 rooms), free breakfast, and any perks with the pool cabanas/bungalows.

Any and all advice and stories would be great!
Thanks^
Old Apr 3, 2016, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by SBarny
Hi All,

Trying to plan labor day in las vegas. I'm Diamond with Hyatt, so would be Platinum with all MGM/M Life properties, and trying to compare those benefits to what I would get at the SLS as a Platinum with SPG. Would be booking 2 rooms for 3 nights. Most interested in room upgrades (7 of us for 2 rooms), free breakfast, and any perks with the pool cabanas/bungalows.

Thanks^
Perhaps this thread can be of help?
[NEW] SLS Las Vegas NV, a Tribute Portfolio Resort, joined SPG Dec'15 [Master Thread]

Also, breakfast benefit is for the Plaintum member and one guest in the same room.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 12:48 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by SBarny
Hi All,

Thanks^
Platinum with mgm, as in Mlife?
If so, I would stay at sls as plat spg.

Spg plat is geared towards accommodations etc. Mlife is geared towards gambling.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 1:08 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott & Starwood Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by RZR
Platinum with mgm, as in Mlife?
If so, I would stay at sls as plat spg.

Spg plat is geared towards accommodations etc. Mlife is geared towards gambling.

Yes, Hyatt Diamond can match to Mlife platinum, highest besides the invite-only Noir. I have never stayed at any of the MGM resorts so I don't know much about the Mlife program other than what I read online.

We would be focused on pool/club/accommodations, less about the gambling.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.