Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

(Leaving Marriott July, 2019) Hotel Talisa, Vail Luxury Coll [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Leaving Marriott July, 2019) Hotel Talisa, Vail Luxury Coll [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How can they make you pay sales tax on a free breakfast? I wonder if the hotel is just keeping the money.
We were not charged sales tax for breakfast. Extra items (cappuccino, bloody mary) were sometimes not charged as well.

I will say that while the resort charge was high, we were very pleasantly surprised by the property. It was completely booked during our stay during ski season, yet service was consistently great, and the apres-ski scene was really nice. I would not hesitate to return during peak season.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 2:06 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CLEguy
We were not charged sales tax for breakfast. Extra items (cappuccino, bloody mary) were sometimes not charged as well.

I will say that while the resort charge was high, we were very pleasantly surprised by the property. It was completely booked during our stay during ski season, yet service was consistently great, and the apres-ski scene was really nice. I would not hesitate to return during peak season.

Great to hear as we will be celebrating my husband’s birthday here soon.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: AA: EXP MR: Ti
Hotel isn't showing any available dates after mid-July. Is there a chance that this is another property that is getting out of the Marriott portfolio? Or perhaps (hopefully) just a glitch...
Old Jul 2, 2019, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by asf-07
Hotel isn't showing any available dates after mid-July. Is there a chance that this is another property that is getting out of the Marriott portfolio? Or perhaps (hopefully) just a glitch...
This is worrisome. I actually had a reservation for December 2019 but cancelled a few weeks ago. Now, I cannot find any availability at all. Not looking good. IMHO, this is the best Bonvoy property in Vail/BC area and they treat elite well.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The plot thickens. Talisa website, not marriott.com, displays: "For Hotel Talisa reservations beyond July 24, please contact the hotel directly." I called Talisa and got a cryptic answer: they cannot take reservations online because they are working on something. They are happy to take December reservations over the phone. I have a bad feeling that Talisa is leaving Marriott on that date.

Last edited by TerryK; Jul 4, 2019 at 12:42 am
Old Jul 4, 2019, 10:09 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TerryK
The plot thickens. Talisa website, not marriott.com, displays: "For Hotel Talisa reservations beyond July 24, please contact the hotel directly." I called Talisa and got a cryptic answer: they cannot take reservations online because they are working on something. They are happy to take December reservations over the phone. I have a bad feeling that Talisa is leaving Marriott on that date.

That message has been on there for over a week. I discovered it when I went online to look for pics of the room we booked in August. When I called they were very vague. I don’t like to jump to conclusions but I have the same feeling ☹️

Old Jul 4, 2019, 10:49 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
This hotel is managed by the same group that had been taken over in the Hyatt-Two Roads acquisition. So it’s possible that it’s leaving Marriott Luxury Collection to go independent or to join the others with the Hyatt affiliation.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 6:49 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Hotel Talisa is becoming the Grand Hyatt Vail starting July 25th. I started a thread in the Hyatt subforum.
bhrubin, TerryK and CLEguy like this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:13 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by bcosinteno
Hotel Talisa is becoming the Grand Hyatt Vail starting July 25th. I started a thread in the Hyatt subforum.

Just called Talisa to see how Marriott reservations would be handled after the brand switch. They assured me we will still earn all of our Marriott Elite benefits.

Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by damon88

Just called Talisa to see how Marriott reservations would be handled after the brand switch. They assured me we will still earn all of our Marriott Elite benefits.

I would be 150% shocked if this is true. Highly doubt you’ll get Marriott benefits or earn points after they convert to Hyatt on the 25th.
TerryK likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:45 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Just called Talisa to see how Marriott reservations would be handled after the brand switch. They assured me we will still earn all of our Marriott Hyatt Elite benefits.
Much more likely.
jameswes likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by bcosinteno

I would be 150% shocked if this is true. Highly doubt you’ll get Marriott benefits or earn points after they convert to Hyatt on the 25th.
The hotel might offer on site benefits such as room upgrades as a courtesy based on Bonvoy status, but you cannot earn Bonvoy points or elite night credits after it leaves Starriott. Realistically I would expect the hotel to prioritize upgrades to Hyatt elites first.

BTW, your status at the time of booking might be visible to the hotel, at least before the change, but I would suggest that you be prepared to prove your status at check in. Since we don't have cards any more (unless you have an old lifetime card such as the SPG LTP metal one), maybe bring a printout of your account summary page?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Depending how you define all of our Marriott Elite benefits. Talisa, or Grand Hyatt Vail, may extend breakfast and upgrade as a courtesy but I don't think they have any ability to post Bonvoy points/nights after departure from Bonvoy.

I am glad Talisa moved to Hyatt instead of operating independently.
UA-NYC likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dayone
Much more likely.
Not if you booked via Marriott. It would be better to cancel and rebook.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA: EXP MR: Ti
ugh. this is disappointing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.