FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Four Points by Sheraton Seattle Airport South SEA [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1752056-four-points-sheraton-seattle-airport-south-sea-master-thread.html)

bsdstone Mar 9, 2016 10:59 pm

Four Points by Sheraton Seattle Airport South SEA [Master Thread]

Checked in tonight to the new Four Points Seattle Airport South. It's a pretty good ways south of the airport, but thankfully I'm not staying here for that.

Couple of quick points:
-Hotel has been opened for 3 week
-2 levels of covered parking, which is much appreciated on a rainy night like tonight.
-Check in was a bit on the slow side and they gave me 2 keys that didn't work. They did however, give me free breakfast for the inconvenience, which was completely unnecessary.
-Stuck my head in the gym and there is quite a bit of nice Life Fitness equipment. 3-4 elipticals, 2 bikes, and several tread mills. Also a few machines, and a complete set of free weights.
-Restaurant on site has a nice selection of about 8 local tap beers. Didn't eat there, but they had a decent crowd and the food appeared to be of good quality.
-The rooms are quite large, and the bathrooms are really big. They are also completely white...completely. Not sure how well that is going to hold up. there is scope and some lotion on the sink, and has the on wall mounted shower gel, shampoo, & conditioner.
-The internet connection is fairly spotty and speedtest is only showing a download speed of just under 2MBPS. Pretty disappointing for a new hotel.
-The area around here doesn't seem that great. I have an easterly view from the 5th floor and it's of a pretty run down apartment building. Hard to tell what the surrounding neighborhood is like as it is dark, and of course raining.

Overall, a solid choice for a reasonably priced place to stay in the Seattle airport area.

If you have questions you want answered, let me know. I leave tomorrow morning around 10 AM.

hlee628 Mar 10, 2016 4:31 pm

Are they offering a shuttle to/from the airport? Would also be interested in knowing what they might charge to leave your car in the garage while away?

bsdstone Mar 10, 2016 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by hlee628 (Post 26315276)
Are they offering a shuttle to/from the airport? Would also be interested in knowing what they might charge to leave your car in the garage while away?

Sorry, I checked out before I could ask about leaving the car there.
FWIW, parking was free.

Yes, they have a shuttle to/from the airport. I don't know the frequency as I didn't use it.

troyb Mar 12, 2016 10:51 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_2_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13D15 Safari/601.1)

With respect to the airport shuttle, yes they have one but it wasn't operating last week when I stayed there. I only found this out when I called them. They volunteered to reimburse me for a taxi, so no worries there.

Nice place, got the job done. Interestingly, it looks nothing like a regular Four Points - apparently that's because they only became a Four Points shortly before opening (and not pre construction).

Surprisingly good hot breakfast at the restaurant, and as an earlier poster mentioned, nice gym.

No upgrade for me but didn't ask.

superdrew Apr 18, 2016 6:58 am

Pretty nice for a four points.

Upgraded to loft suite after arm twisting. Awesome room but no cooling on the second floor so it was hot in April, In August it would be unbearable. Crappy sheets.

Would stay again but skip the suite upgrade in summer

MSPeconomist Apr 18, 2016 7:38 am

Do they have an indoor pool?

SpeedRicer May 4, 2016 4:55 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Stayed here many times since opening and I concur with the posts thus far...

• Parking was chargeable when I first started staying, but I haven't received any parking charges for a while, so it must indeed be free now. I usually use the covered parking in the rear of the hotel.
  • Lobby and some of the decor is definitely not your typical Four Points. Not sure how to describe it, but here's a picture of the lobby area...
    Attachment 5288
  • Have never gotten upgraded here, so I agree it is probably something you will need to ask/arm-twist to get
  • FWIW, my local client teams in Seattle/Bellevue told me that this area is OK, but not great -- but also that I should not park my rental car on the street as the area around Pacific Highway can have problems with car theft.
  • Not much in the way of restaurants around the hotel, mainly just a few fast food outlets. Haven't done it myself, but I think if you go towards the center of Des Moines on the coast, there should be more options. I usually just ended up making the trek over to Southcenter for restaurants/shopping/etc.

I'm a bigger fan of the downtown Four Points location (which gives consistent upgrades and great service -- usually the difference for me is $20-30 extra per night), but this property is a good value price-wise if you're OK with the slightly inconvenient location.

SpeedRicer May 4, 2016 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 26500855)
Do they have an indoor pool?

Never noticed myself -- according to the property website it's outdoors, but heated.

FlyerBeek Jun 18, 2016 11:24 am

Completed a quick overnight stay here a couple of weeks ago. Very impressed with this property overall - definitely not your typical North American Four Points. Front desk manager mentioned the property was originally intended to be under a different brand, hence the more upscale look.

Highlights:
- airport shuttle was not operating either for my arrival or departure. Hotel reimbursed cab fare, which is actually preferable since you don't need to wait on the shuttle.
- upgraded to a two floor loft suite upon check-in. I was really surprised, since I didn't even realize this property had suites and my reservation had previously indicated an upgrade to a corner room. The suite was beautiful in a contemporary Four Points style, with a large living room area, dining alcove, gas fireplace, massive floor-to-ceiling windows, and upstairs bed.
- staff was without fault, everyone encountered was exceedingly friendly and service-oriented.

I would not hesitate to stay here again if needing a quick overnight near SEATAC.

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/a...psma02c3by.jpg

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/a...psv6kslrew.jpg

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/a...psqhuu66pg.jpg

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/a...psaambook5.jpg

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/a...pseglzmbww.jpg

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/a...psb9c2eeqt.jpg

Points Scrounger Jun 18, 2016 2:57 pm

I stayed here shortly after they opened. Stay never credited, which turned out to be a problem with the way the property had been loaded into the SPG system. Was upgraded as gold one room type, but no suite.

Inquired about whether I was entitled to breakfast based on my room rate, receiving a polite rejection. Later returned with my reservation on my phone indicating food credit included, and was given breakfast vouchers. When pressed about initial decline, "The system wasn't reflecting that to me on your reservation. Happens sometimes."

McDonald's and fast food Mexican only nearby choices other than hotel kitchen.

Zacnlinc Nov 5, 2016 10:03 am

I am slated to stay here for 3 nights next week. After reading the reviews on the spg.com site for this place, I was going to change my reservation to a more location in downtown Seattle or Bellevue as those two spots are the purpose of my visit to the area.

I opted to stay here as the price point was approximately $180-ish less than a spg spot in other two spots!! But after reading these reviews now, I'm on the fence if I really should change.

The spg.com reviews harped on the fact that the staff were not friendly and are subpar on spg training. Also the shuttle service just doesn't seem that reliable. With my planned late arrival and early departure on my mind, I just need to be prepared and have a plan B.

Points Scrounger Nov 5, 2016 11:36 am

I stayed there a couple of times, finding the staff as friendly as anywhere else. The shuttle runs to the Airport, although they may let you get off for the new Angle Lake station on the way; end of the line so you could get a seat whole you wait rather than have to stand on the Airport station platform.

Zacnlinc Nov 5, 2016 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger (Post 27440682)
I stayed there a couple of times, finding the staff as friendly as anywhere else. The shuttle runs to the Airport, although they may let you get off for the new Angle Lake station on the way; end of the line so you could get a seat whole you wait rather than have to stand on the Airport station platform.

Thanks.... I'm hedging my bets and just might keep the reservation as it appears that the rooms are nice and that's also important to me. Most of the negativity stems from the front desk and the shuttle service offerings...

And I do plan to take the shuttle to the Angle Station as well. Looking forward to not renting a car is the plan.

Oxon Flyer Nov 5, 2016 3:29 pm

FWIW, I've had 3 separate stays here recently and didn't have any experiences that led me to believe that any of the staff were below par for friendliness or SPG awareness/training.

Zacnlinc Nov 12, 2016 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by Zacnlinc (Post 27441400)
Thanks.... I'm hedging my bets and just might keep the reservation as it appears that the rooms are nice and that's also important to me. Most of the negativity stems from the front desk and the shuttle service offerings...

And I do plan to take the shuttle to the Angle Station as well. Looking forward to not renting a car is the plan.

Well I'm just returning home after staying at this establishment for 3 nights.

Over all my stay was nice. But for two of the three nights I had to take a taxi back to the hotel.

Wednesday when I arrived at the airport, I called the hotel and asked when the shuttle would be arriving. Within 15 mins it arrived. Driver informed me that they will not pickup guests at the new Angel Lake station but they will drop you off there. The preferred drop off though is at the airport and the shuttle is suppose to run 24/7. Well, that's a lie!

My 2nd night arriving back at Sea via the light rail, I was told the shuttle was busy and to take a cab. I did and found out that the cab driver really don't like the short fares like that as they get charged 7-8 dollars when the leave the airport. The fare to the hotel was 12.50 which they hotel reimbursed me upon arriving (I beat the shuttle there to the hotel and it was full of passengers as the arrives a minute behind me!).

My 3rd night was the worst at the shuttle never showed up even with me calling the hotel twice and was told the shuttle was coming. It was 1 AM when I first called. Then I called again at 1:40. Finally I took a cab at 1:50. Turns out the cab drive was pissed about the short fare and tried to charge me $20. We exchanged heated words even before leaving the parking structure. I. The end he refused to give me a receipt as I gave his the exact date on the meter.

I complained to both of the clerks in the lobby when I arrived and they didn't know what to say other than sorry. No refund possible even though they both say me and the cab driver arguing in front of the hotel.

And then this AM, the freaking driver fell asleep at the stop light at the enters de of the airport. I did notice him slow down for no apparent reason at one point. But little did I know he was perhaps starting to dose off! ....

Before I left hotel this AM, I complained about the shuttle issues to the manager. She said "sorry" and said good bye to me. After the scare of the driver falling asleep on is, I called the hotel to say they should take him off his shift as he's sleepy. Was told they'd talk to him. I hope they did and that all is well for him and guests and other drivers.

Beware future guest intending to rely on the shuttle. The hotel was perfect. Had a large corner room facing the front entrance (Pacific Hwy) and had a view of Pueget Sound! Minus the shuttle incidents, I'd consider returning.