Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Mirage Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia [Master Thread]

Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Mirage Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia [Master Thread]

Old Nov 25, 2009, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by aussiechris
OOL or BNE?
Either way my suggestion is that you book a rental car that will allow you to tour around and see some sights.
Probably the former but that's really the essence of the question as well.

We really have no time for "touring", we just want to get to the hotel as quickly, and efficiently as possible.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Old Nov 25, 2009, 7:43 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Flews
Probably the former but that's really the essence of the question as well.
OOL is closer. Taxi would be the best way.

Renting a car cause you to wait quite some time in a queue for the paperwork.

If arriving at Brisbane domestic airport, AVIS car hire can cause a long wait trying to get out of the boomgated parking area depending on where your rental car is parked. It's very poorly designed. I don't know about other rental companies though. Their arrangements may be fine.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 12:57 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I've been to this hotel once before and for some reason my recollection was much worse than reality! The hotel is dated, very 80s furniture etc., however on this occasion we spent a day at the pool drinking cocktails, then hitting the beach 10 metres away and I actually came to quite like it. I'm not the type of person to vacation and stay on the property, but for those that day the hotel is perfect. The location is perhaps their best asset as they are the only 5 star hotel on the beach on the Gold Coast.

Was upgraded from a base room to an Executive suite without prompting and the hotel obviously VIPs plats as every time I called room service, guest services etc. they called back to ensure that my request was fulfilled.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 3:04 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by m0hamed
I've been to this hotel once before and for some reason my recollection was much worse than reality! The hotel is dated, very 80s furniture etc., however on this occasion we spent a day at the pool drinking cocktails, then hitting the beach 10 metres away and I actually came to quite like it. I'm not the type of person to vacation and stay on the property, but for those that day the hotel is perfect. The location is perhaps their best asset as they are the only 5 star hotel on the beach on the Gold Coast.

Was upgraded from a base room to an Executive suite without prompting and the hotel obviously VIPs plats as every time I called room service, guest services etc. they called back to ensure that my request was fulfilled.
About half the rooms are renovated now, but AFAIK none of the Executive Suites.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 3:36 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Do u mean like the Oasis rooms? We were able to see into a lot of rooms in the property and none looked updated other than flat screen tvs.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 2:37 am

Exclusive to past guests of Sheraton Mirage Resort and Spa Gold Coast, we invite you to come and experience the resort again in June for an unforgettable price.

Receive overnight accommodation in a Garden Room for only $150 per room per night!

Only available for the first 150 rooms booked to stay in June. To secure this special offer, "book online", send us an email at [email protected] or call us on 07 5591 1488 and quote 150 for $150.

Book Now>
Not a bad rate at all...
Old Jul 1, 2010, 5:07 pm

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
I am at the hotel now. Staff are truly wonderful and will bend over backwards to accommodate the needs of guests. Reception, concierge, and bell staff have been particularly helpful. The rooms are adequate, though dated. As a platinum you may find it a little confusing to figure out what their upgrade is. For some, this has been to an oceanfront, for others it is an oasis room, and for some it has been to a suite. True to starwood style, there is no mention at check-in of whether one has received an upgrade or not. No executive lounge available. The food at the terraces restaurant is great, but you can't use the starwood privilege discount since the buffet is already discounted for everyone till end July. Newspaper delivery is only upon request, yet has been inconsistent - but I get to read it in the breakfast room anyway. One can also cross the street to the mall where more dining options are available, including for breakfast.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 5:30 pm

Programs: QF Plat (OWE), VA Plat, HH DMD, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
About half the rooms are renovated now, but AFAIK none of the Executive Suites.
I stayed in a villa about a month ago that seemed recently renovated. I haven't stayed in a room in the main building for a while though.

In any case, I love this hotel. It's one of my favourite places to just take off to and chill out for a weekend.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 6:30 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Ewing
I stayed in a villa about a month ago that seemed recently renovated. I haven't stayed in a room in the main building for a while though.

In any case, I love this hotel. It's one of my favourite places to just take off to and chill out for a weekend.
Can you write a bit about the villas? And maybe even post pictures?
Old Jul 2, 2010, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Can you write a bit about the villas? And maybe even post pictures?
The villas are nice - about the size of a typical city 2 bedroom apartment. When you enter there is a round dining table and a full kitchen (including a refrigerator with ice maker).

The lounge room had a 3 seater lounge (that pulls out into a sofa) as well as two individual couches. There was a stereo system and a ~42" plasma TV with DVD player and of course the TV channels available in the hotel and movies/etc on demand.

The main bathroom is large with a shower, and has a european laundry (washer/dryer behind bifold doors - it included laundry powder/etc as well).

The main bedroom has a king size bed. The ensuite has a spa bath with built in shower. Bedroom had a small LCD TV.

Second bedroom had two single beds, again with a small TV.

The balcony has another table and chairs, as well as a deck chair.

The complimentary bottle of sparkling and box of chocolates went down very well on the balcony - as did the fresh seafood we picked up from the place that's outside the villa gates and directly across the road.

The villas also have their own secure parking that's separate to the main Sheraton carpark (a villa room key is required to get in, unlike the main carpark that is open to all).

I didn't take any photos unfortunately - next time
Old Jul 2, 2010, 2:23 am

There is one photo here http://www.starwoodhotels.com/pub/me...p372gr9_md.jpg

These are the apartments you see from the beach and pool, right?
Old Jul 2, 2010, 2:56 am

You can see them from the beach - but not the main pool (they have their own pool that's for villa guests only, but of course are able to use the rest of the facilities).

Here's an aerial shot that illustrates where they are:
http://snaps.se.id.au/1/20100702-villas.png

-Shaun
Old Nov 11, 2010, 7:36 pm

Too good to be true..

I have just ended another great stay here.
With new owners this place is making a big comeback and the future looks bright once renovation plans get Council approval.
Upgraded again to a Palm Suite on Level One (Ground Floor).
Staff where fantastic and very helpful as usual. Many of the staff have been here since the Hotel opened in 1987.

Welcome gifts included 2 drink vouchers , fruit bowl and Baileys x 2
I look forward to returning soon.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:27 am

Fabulous. I'm there next week. Last time I was upgraded to a suite facing the the street. So dated. Booked an Ocean suite the first time I stayed, again, dated.

Your room looks recently refurbed, and the PLAT gifts sound like a great touch.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Fabulous. I'm there next week. Last time I was upgraded to a suite facing the the street. So dated. Booked an Ocean suite the first time I stayed, again, dated.

Your room looks recently refurbed, and the PLAT gifts sound like a great touch.
On my Iphone, my booking changed from an Exec Suite (my original room was quickly upgraded to this ) to a Palm Suite a few days before arrival.
My points for the stay have quickly posted which included Plat amenity, 4th Starpoint and (Resort promo )10,000 Starpoints (R10). Fantastic job Mirage!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.