Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Mirage Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Mirage Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2020, 2:03 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
I am sure different people can form different opinion so here are the photos I took. See for yourself. Below is the Resort View Suite facing the car park and a tennis court. They might as well call it City View! It's a good size but just doesn't look like it's been recently refurbished. If it was, it was quite a soft refurbishment, especially the bathroom.

Below is the Ocean Premium Room. I much prefer this one even though the room is much smaller but the view is great.

That does look quite dated, I'm thinking if I made the right choice or are there better resort to pick in GC
Old Jul 23, 2020, 7:43 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
All of the furniture is new as are the rugs, light fixtures and fittings and the rooms have been painted. These are not options, these are facts.

If you booked the lowest category suite that doesn’t have an Ocean view that can’t be a criticism.

The Ocean Suites are wonderful and the villas exceptional,

Again, there is no other 5 star hotel with direct beach access on the GC.
Zol likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 11:59 pm

Just got back from a stay here. Even though less than 2 years later than margarita girl, they've changed the amenities for platinum elite, and there was no sparkling wine as part of the welcome amenity (I guess it might've gotten overlooked), and the two free drinks were only the cheap beer/wine options, not cocktails or even the full beer and wine list.

The rooms haven't been refurbed recently. Definitely starting to look worse for wear compared to a few years ago (villas are in decent shape though). Maybe the furniture was replaced, but definitely feeling tired (as is the pool area).

All that said, I still love the vibe and the location, and can't beat being able to go directly from the pool to the beach.

Last edited by anothertraveller12; Jan 19, 2021 at 12:10 am
Old Jan 19, 2021, 1:55 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Anybody try the new JW, doesn't seem to be a thread for it.
Old Jan 19, 2021, 3:19 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Zol
Anybody try the new JW, doesn't seem to be a thread for it.
Perhaps the $700AUD entry level price would be the reason no one has stayed there yet!
Old Jan 19, 2021, 3:40 pm

I saw the JW for $280/night for the base room last week.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by anothertraveller12
I saw the JW for $280/night for the base room last week.
Then they must have loaded proper rates. Was looking in Nov for Dec and Jan. Also, with State Border closures they will be looking for business.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 12:56 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Then they must have loaded proper rates. Was looking in Nov for Dec and Jan. Also, with State Border closures they will be looking for business.
looking at the rate calendar $290 is around on Sundays occasionally but average is closer to $500
Old Jan 21, 2021, 5:43 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
$700AUD for November and December sounds about right to me with Schoolies Week in Queensland and it is Summer Peak there.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
$700AUD for November and December sounds about right to me with Schoolies Week in Queensland and it is Summer Peak there.
Not in 2020. The QLD Border was slammed .... to just other states. It certainly wasn’t pear. Most five stars were in the $200/$300 range.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 9:47 am

Not in 2020. The QLD Border was slammed .... to just other states. It certainly wasn’t pear. Most five stars were in the $200/$300 range.
I went to the Gold Coast in 2018 and it was most definitely slammed. I think we paid approx. $400AUD per night for our stay there so I expect the JW to command more of a premium from the affluent holidaymakers.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
I went to the Gold Coast in 2018 and it was most definitely slammed. I think we paid approx. $400AUD per night for our stay there so I expect the JW to command more of a premium from the affluent holidaymakers.
I don’t know why you’re so insistent with your incorrect opinion on current events. If you were aware of the nature of domestic travel currently in Australia then you would understand.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 8:32 pm

I don’t know why you’re so insistent with your incorrect opinion on current events. If you were aware of the nature of domestic travel currently in Australia then you would understand.
I think we can chalk this up to cultural and linguistic differences between Australian and American English. Slammed can mean busy (and it was busy in 2018) or as I've learned from the Oxford dictionary that slammed can also mean shut.

I am fully aware of the nature of domestic travel in Australia presently with border closures between states and restrictions on travel.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 7:05 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
What is the late check out for this hotel like as I would assume this one been classed as a resort?
Old Apr 13, 2021, 7:02 pm

Programs: QF Plat/OWE, HH ♦, IHG ♦ AMB, ALL Plat, GHA Ti, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Ausriver
What is the late check out for this hotel like as I would assume this one been classed as a resort?
As a Bonvoy Plat I requested 1PM vs the standard 11AM at check-in for a recent stay in February, and was initially told 'no'. She made it abundantly clear that they were a resort, and it was at their discretion & subject to availability. That said... they did end up giving it to me later in the process, updating check-out to that time. I think it may have been as there was no upgrade available (place was fully booked). YMMV, so good luck!

Cheers,
Matt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.