Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Diana Majestic, Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Sheraton Diana Majestic, Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Old Jul 9, 18, 5:16 pm

Transport cost and options

Originally Posted by khabah View Post

I stand corrected - 13 each way.

khabah
Originally Posted by ckendall View Post
Cost of metro is around 1.50 E per person plus there are stairs. A cab should be circa 10 Euros (rates are higher on Sunday). Not a hard decision.

(fare from here: https://www.taxifarefinder.com/main....06682399999977 )
Originally Posted by khabah View Post

I took the express train [13 EUR return per person] from MXP to Centrale and then walked to the hotel which took about 20 minutes, give or take. If you take the Metro from Centrale, you need to take the M2 green line to Loreto station two stations past Centrale, then switch to the M1 red line two stations over to Porta Venezia, and the hotel is pretty much across the street from there. If you’re schlepping bags, just take the express train and then cab it from Centrale.

​​​​​​​khabah
Back from my trip and can report actual transport costs
There is a roundtrip ticket for the Milan Express for 20E available online - this will save 6E roundtrip. It will normally be 13E each way as reported above.
Taxi cost to/from Diana to/from either Centrale or Cadorna was 10-13E
Since there were 4 of us with luggage, I opted for the taxi rather than the subway to get to the Station.
Getting a taxi from Cadorna was a long wait, we either didn't wait in the right area or bad timing. Centrale is more convenient and easier if you plan to take a taxi to the hotel.
Old Jul 10, 18, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Plat
Originally Posted by directcj View Post
Back from my trip and can report actual transport costs
There is a roundtrip ticket for the Milan Express for 20E available online - this will save 6E roundtrip. It will normally be 13E each way as reported above.
Taxi cost to/from Diana to/from either Centrale or Cadorna was 10-13E
Since there were 4 of us with luggage, I opted for the taxi rather than the subway to get to the Station.
Getting a taxi from Cadorna was a long wait, we either didn't wait in the right area or bad timing. Centrale is more convenient and easier if you plan to take a taxi to the hotel.
For whatever reason it does seem harder to get taxis at Cadorna than at Centrale, though availability at Centrale can be spotty at peak times (i.e., long lines for cabs).
Old Jun 19, 19, 10:45 pm

Recently had a stay here. Jun 2019
1 - Hotel has been renovated, but it is a renovation with really tight budget.
2 - The internet speed reduced down to 1kb/s at ~10:15 pm every night.
3 - Interacted with four different staff, all surprisingly friendly, gave a lot of answers to my questions
4 - Platinum get full breakfast, lots of selections & hot items, and the garden is beautiful.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: