Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard Columbus Phenix City / Riverfront, AL [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2020, 8:31 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Stay Report - 3/29 to 3/20

Location: The hotel is located on the west bank of the Chattahoochie River putting it in Phenix City, Alabama not Columbus, Georgia. However, there's a pedestrian bridge right across from the hotel allowing you to walk to Downtown Columbus or you can drive it, the walk/drive is under a mile. The area the hotel is in is a little sketchy but is starting to revitalize and there are a few restaurants and breweries nearby. The hotel is a little hard to get to from the main freeways (US 80) and you will end up driving through some neighborhoods.

Hotel: The hotel is a very nice new construction CY. There's a gorgeous lobby with high ceilings, seating areas, a bistro, marketplace and a two computer business center. Outside is a decent pool and nice patio area overlooking the riverwalk. There's also a gym. The hotel has two elevators which is much appreciate. Do note that currently due to COVID the bistro, pool and gym are all closed and the lobby requires a key card to enter 24 hours a day.

Check In: I was greeted by an agent who thanked me for being Titanium and offered me either points or marketplace items. She was also frank about the closed hotel amenities which I appreciated.

Room: I used a SNA to move from a two queens room to a river view king. The room was nice with a much better than expected bathroom though with maid service down to only after the guest leaves there were a lot of missing items. I had no creamer/sugar packets for my coffee, there were burned out light bulbs etc. Overall though it was a nice room design and I was happy to enjoy the Internet TV.

This hotel is nicer than a lot of the other options in Columbus and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I look forward to coming back when things are normal again.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 9:38 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I’ve stayed in this hotel several times as I have family in the area. It has been a great addition to the local lodging options - I prefer it to the full service Marriott across the river.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.