Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does Marriott have a policy regarding walking guests?

Does Marriott have a policy regarding walking guests?

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 1, 16, 12:42 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Wiki Link
Marriott Rewards® Elite Benefits Guarantee

Ultimate Reservation Guarantee:

If for some reason we’re unable to honor your reservation, we’ll pay for your accommodations that night at a nearby hotel and compensate you for the inconvenience. To be eligible, you must provide your Marriott Rewards membership number when making a reservation. Compensation varies by hotel brand.

Brand
Guest compensation***

JW Marriott®, Autograph Collections®, EDITION®, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott® Hotel and Resorts, Gaylord Hotels, Delta Hotels®
- $200 USD
- 90,000 points

AC Hotels, Courtyard, SpringHill Suites, Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn & Suites, TownePlace Suites, Moxy Hotels, Protea Hotels
- $100 USD
(Platinum members also receive 90,000 bonus points)

The Ritz-Carlton
Platinum Members received
- $200 USD
- 140,000 points

***Outside of the U.S. compensation will be paid in the local currency
Print Wikipost

Old Feb 21, 19, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock View Post
Let us know how it works out. Hopefully they'll honor the guarantee. If they don't, then escalate it. Cheers.
The hotel never responded back to my email, but 90K points are now in my account. How long before I follow up on the money? Poor communication for sure.
Old Feb 21, 19, 6:14 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by curl View Post
The hotel never responded back to my email, but 90K points are now in my account. How long before I follow up on the money? Poor communication for sure.
Sadly, some properties just throw points at customers because there are enough of us who will take points, shut up and walk away.

Try Guest Experience Supervisor Escalation <[email protected]>.

Or, David Flueck, vice president of loyalty <[email protected]>
Old Feb 22, 19, 7:25 am

Programs: AA PLAT; UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by curl View Post
It took 5 weeks for my check. It came from Marriott Corporate not from hotel address ( I really don't know how that works on back end).
I followed up by email with manager at 4 weeks, and they answered back that it was approved and processing.

I would really be patient.

At 8 weeks, that is when I would start emailing, (not calling - too much runaround).
Through the years I have learned that I get dismissed by CS with it takes at 6-8 weeks BS.
At the 8 week mark I throw a full blast with emails, texts, twitter, facebook, etc (elevate it to the franchise owners) and get prompt answers plus a lot more.