Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Master Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]

Late Checkout Policy

We are pleased to accommodate late checkouts upon request and subject to availability. Late checkouts between 12pm and 6pm are as follows:
  • For Deluxe City View, Premium City View, Premium Twin Tower View and Executive Club Rooms - a charge of 50 MYR per hour applies:
  • Westin Suite and One Bedroom Executive Residences - a charge of 100 MYR per hour applies.
  • After 6pm, the full room rate applies.
  • Fees are subject to tax and service charge.
Print Wikipost

Westin Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2009, 10:48 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold
Any Upgrades for Gold Members to access Club Lounge?

Hi there,

Does anyone know if Westin Kuala Lumpur upgrades Gold Members to have access to their Lounge?

Thanks!
Old Jun 7, 2009, 7:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Shangri-La Jade, IHG Platinum, TG Gold
From my past experience, no.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:04 am

Programs: AC Fly-Free-Forever Winner
Originally Posted by So Pang
Hi there,

Does anyone know if Westin Kuala Lumpur upgrades Gold Members to have access to their Lounge?

Thanks!
For the past 5 or so years, I have stayed at approx. 25 SPG properties and yet only once I have had Lounge Access (Westin Capetown) as a Gold member. How often you have had lounge access as a Gold?
Old Jun 8, 2009, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by cko64
For the past 5 or so years, I have stayed at approx. 25 SPG properties and yet only once I have had Lounge Access (Westin Capetown) as a Gold member. How often you have had lounge access as a Gold?
I only got room upgrade and never got any lounge access in North America and Europe. However I have never stayed in hotels in Asia so I thought I shoud ask.

From my experience, the spg Gold status is just like Hilton's and Marriott's Silver, not so attractive.

Thanks for everyone's reply!
Old Jul 21, 2009, 6:37 pm

Hi there,

can anyone advise whether the executive residences give access to the club lounge? If so, if there were four guests in a 2 bedroom residence, would all four get access to the lounge?

Thanks for your help.

Fraserm
Old Jul 23, 2009, 3:25 am

Programs: none ;-)
Transportation advice appreciated

Hi,

I will be in KUL in September for 2 nights arriving at 2 pm and leaving at 9 pm. I am now thinking how to get from the airport to the Westin and vice versa. The hotel has quoted me a price of 280 MYR (net) for the pick up.
Does anybody know what a "normal" cab would cost or should I just take the hotel limo?

Or just I just go by train? By the way, I will have luggage with me: one suitcase and one cabin trolley.

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 23, 2009, 3:50 am
Suspended

Airport taxi would cost MYR67.40 for the smaller car, slightly less from hotel to airport.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 4:10 am

Thank you so much for the quick reply ^, so I guess I will skip the train and the hotel car and go by taxi.

What do you mean with the smaller car?

Do I need a print out map to show it to the taxi driver or how is their english?
I need to buy a coupon for the taxi, right?
Old Jul 23, 2009, 4:29 am
Suspended

They actually term the smaller car as "budget" car, its usually a 1.6 litre saloon which seats 2-3 passengers comfortably.

Yes, you need to purchase a coupon before boarding; there is a counter after customs just before the greeting area and another one near the taxi rank (but inside the terminal). Look out for the sign KLIA Limo.

The drivers do speak basic English and they should know the Westin. The area where the Westin is located is called "Bukit Bintang" and the hotel is also next to "JW Marriott" and directly opposite the "Pavillion" mall (which is a major landmark in town).
Old Jul 23, 2009, 4:37 am

Thanks again for this great service of yours ^^^
Old Jul 23, 2009, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by mario33
They actually term the smaller car as "budget" car, its usually a 1.6 litre saloon which seats 2-3 passengers comfortably.

Yes, you need to purchase a coupon before boarding; there is a counter after customs just before the greeting area and another one near the taxi rank (but inside the terminal). Look out for the sign KLIA Limo.

The drivers do speak basic English and they should know the Westin. The area where the Westin is located is called "Bukit Bintang" and the hotel is also next to "JW Marriott" and directly opposite the "Pavillion" mall (which is a major landmark in town).

May I ask if I fly via Air Asia, is the airport terminal the same as other regular airlines? How do I go from this terminal to Westin then? Same as above? Please advise. Thanks!
Old Jul 23, 2009, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by So Pang
May I ask if I fly via Air Asia, is the airport terminal the same as other regular airlines? How do I go from this terminal to Westin then? Same as above? Please advise. Thanks!
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think AirAsia arrives at the LCCT (Low cost carrier terminal). As from the airports webpage it should be a 300m walk to the "main" terminal. But the Westin charges 320 MYR (net) for their pick up service. So a taxi could cost slightly more.

But I am not sure, and I hope Mario33 can clarify this.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 8:27 am
Suspended

Yes, Air Asia operates from the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT); but NO, you cant walk from the LCCT to the Main Terminal. On the road, the distance between the terminals are 20-25km apart due to silly road network around the airport.

The LCCT has its own set of airport taxis (coupon system) and the fares are slightly cheaper eventhough the distance is longer. The vehicles are inferior to those used at the main terminal, and the drivers less disciplined. I have consistently been having problems with their drivers, and the next time I fly with Air Asia I will probably try the bus service. The buses (MYR8-9/person) will drop you off at Sentral and you need to take a city taxi from Sentral to the Westin.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 12:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mario33
Airport taxi would cost MYR67.40 for the smaller car, slightly less from hotel to airport.
Just an update, the fare will be increased by approx MYR10 effective 1st August 2009.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by archoftj
Thank you so much for the quick reply ^, so I guess I will skip the train and the hotel car and go by taxi.

What do you mean with the smaller car?

Do I need a print out map to show it to the taxi driver or how is their english?
I need to buy a coupon for the taxi, right?
For a faster service though, I would recommend taking the KLIA Ekspres Train for RM 35 oneway, and then from there, take a taxi (with coupon system based on distance) for around RM 18 or less, to the Westin. The person at the counter knows where the hotels are so no problem with that. Don't bother with KLIA VIP service which includes a merc car waiting for you at KL Sentral station. It costs 2x more than the above suggestion of train+Taxi.

English is widely spoken (though some may not pronounce words accurately).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.