Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Master Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]

Late Checkout Policy

We are pleased to accommodate late checkouts upon request and subject to availability. Late checkouts between 12pm and 6pm are as follows:
  • For Deluxe City View, Premium City View, Premium Twin Tower View and Executive Club Rooms - a charge of 50 MYR per hour applies:
  • Westin Suite and One Bedroom Executive Residences - a charge of 100 MYR per hour applies.
  • After 6pm, the full room rate applies.
  • Fees are subject to tax and service charge.
Print Wikipost

Westin Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2012, 2:12 pm
Original Member

One night stay on July 7

As a Platinum, they upgraded me from a paid 1 night Executive Residence Suite to the Chairman's Suite. Rate was an Upgrade offer a few months ago at 800 MYR. This is quite fanastic. A two level suite with exercise machine, full kitchen 10 seat dining room, 2 baths and just beautiful. I have not been here in 2 years, they told me lounge has been renovated and moved to 3rd floor. Moving to Sheraton for 3 nights where I have also been upgraded to a Deluxe Suite. Rate there was 420 MYR Family rate, which included rollaway, breakfast, internet, parking and free meals for 1 kid. More on lounge later.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 6:35 pm
Original Member

New Lounge

So the new lounge has been open a month on the 3rd Floor. What an improvement! The breakfast ahd so many beautiful choices, no need to go downstairs. Full coffee bar, beautiful fruits and breads. Cheese, smoked salmon, egg station including waffles, crepes and pancakes and laksa. Indian and western choces, just no pork. Let e just finish with Peanut Butter muffins....yummmm
Old Aug 6, 2012, 3:00 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by gabbysz
So the new lounge has been open a month on the 3rd Floor. What an improvement! The breakfast ahd so many beautiful choices, no need to go downstairs. Full coffee bar, beautiful fruits and breads. Cheese, smoked salmon, egg station including waffles, crepes and pancakes and laksa. Indian and western choces, just no pork. Let e just finish with Peanut Butter muffins....yummmm
I agree that the new lounge is very impressive.

When I found out it was now on the third floor I had visions of what the Sheraton Perth (moot point now as it's no longer a Sheraton) did when it closed the lovely lounge upstairs for a much larger but very poor lounge on the 7th floor so they could sell more club rooms. However, the Westin KL lounge is a big improvemt on the one on the 33rd floor. I particularly like the two outdoor areas.

I also got a nice Suite as usual without having to ask.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 1:39 am

Programs: BD *S, SQ nada
Guys, can I ask if as a Plat booking Executive Residences, am I stil eligible for Plat perks such as 500 points, lounge access and breakfast at the restaurant?

Also, what's the likelihood for an upgrade?
Old Aug 24, 2012, 3:02 am

Programs: QF,VS,SQ,SPG,IC
Originally Posted by kaysquare
Guys, can I ask if as a Plat booking Executive Residences, am I stil eligible for Plat perks such as 500 points, lounge access and breakfast at the restaurant?

I stayed at the residences in March 2011. Long time ago, but yes, I got all Plat benefits. Not sure about chances of upgrade, the residences might be run differently to other rooms, but I was in a one bedroom and it was big. A few pics if they help http://www.flickr.com/photos/3063128...7626611994204/

I've also stayed in normal suite (upgraded from one of the standard type rooms) - some pics from 2009 http://www.flickr.com/photos/3063128...7622364605726/

I was very happy with both the suite and residence.

Hopefully someone can give more recent info, but hope this helps.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by snufl
I stayed at the residences in March 2011. Long time ago, but yes, I got all Plat benefits. Not sure about chances of upgrade, the residences might be run differently to other rooms, but I was in a one bedroom and it was big. A few pics if they help http://www.flickr.com/photos/3063128...7626611994204/

I've also stayed in normal suite (upgraded from one of the standard type rooms) - some pics from 2009 http://www.flickr.com/photos/3063128...7622364605726/

I was very happy with both the suite and residence.

Hopefully someone can give more recent info, but hope this helps.
Hi snufl,

Thanks for your reply. Due to a last minute business trip, I have no choice but to book the residence (cheaper than a club room). No regular rooms left.

A quick call to the hotel said that I can use the lounge for brekkie, but not at the restaurant. Is this true?

Assume that I get free internet and 500 points as well.

First time this happened to me.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 3:56 am

Programs: QF,VS,SQ,SPG,IC
Hi snufl,

Thanks for your reply. Due to a last minute business trip, I have no choice but to book the residence (cheaper than a club room). No regular rooms left.

A quick call to the hotel said that I can use the lounge for brekkie, but not at the restaurant. Is this true?

Assume that I get free internet and 500 points as well.

First time this happened to me.
All I can tell you is if I was making a booking and found I could book a residence for the same amount as a deluxe, I'd be grabbing the residence quick smart and feeling quite chuffed

I found absolutely no difference in my treatment as a Plat when I booked the residence than when I booked a normal room. That includes delivery of all Plat benefits.

Both stays I was told I could have brekkie in the lounge or restaurant. At the time it seemed to be a standard offering by the hotel to Plats BUT the restaurant was always over and above what the hotel was/is required to provide, so maybe they have changed the policy since then. I really doubt it is any way related to you booking a residence instead of a deluxe room.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 5:04 am
Suspended

Programs: TG Plat , AF Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat

Yes you are eligible for Plat benefits .
As for upgrades, it would be to a 2 bedroom residence , which frankly is a bit of an overkill if you are alone.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 1:25 am

Programs: hh Diamond,Marriott plat, ihg spire
Originally Posted by snufl
All I can tell you is if I was making a booking and found I could book a residence for the same amount as a deluxe, I'd be grabbing the residence quick smart and feeling quite chuffed

I found absolutely no difference in my treatment as a Plat when I booked the residence than when I booked a normal room. That includes delivery of all Plat benefits.

Both stays I was told I could have brekkie in the lounge or restaurant. At the time it seemed to be a standard offering by the hotel to Plats BUT the restaurant was always over and above what the hotel was/is required to provide, so maybe they have changed the policy since then. I really doubt it is any way related to you booking a residence instead of a deluxe room.
I stayed here once in August and twice in July.

Plats still get breakfast in either lounge or the restaurant downstairs. No change. Plus the 500 points. The new lounge is really very nice and I daresay the best among all the starwood props in Kuala Lumpur. Definitely better then the JW and RC next door...

Personally I prefer the residences as an upgrade rather than the suite. I do think that there is a bit too much wasted space in the suite while the residence makes better use of space plus it has a mini kitchen.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 2:24 am

Thanks all for your replies. Ended up booking a premium room instead as the availability just came up. MYR30 less per night.. But it was hard to justify the Exec Residences.

Checked today, and the rates are even lower and refundable as opposed to the non refundable rates just 2 days ago. Something must be on in Bukit Bintang.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 12:39 pm

What is a good rate here for February time?

Right now it's at 530 MYR for a deluxe room - is that a reasonable rate or is that still high / too early to book? The Meridien is at 245 right now for the same dates but I think the location is way better at the Westin. I might move to the Meridien the night before I head back to the airport.

I guess I can take the 530 for now as it's cancellable but just wondering what range the rate tends to be in.

Thanks!

OBT
Old Aug 27, 2012, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
OK. I am not sure what is this talk about a "fantastic" lounge. The evening offerings were about the worst I have seen in Kuala Lumpur. Maybe one fifth what DoubleTree is offering there. I think that I passed the breakfast. Cannot remember having one there.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 2:45 am

Booked a premium room over the weekend for a stay just ended. Was there something going on at Pavilion or KLCC? Before booking a premium room (a non cancellable rate because Westin didn't offer flexible rates at time of booking), next door JW Marriott was sold out.

Anyway, got upgraded to a suite for a 6-ish arrival in the evening. Got the usual amenities - lounge access and breakfast provided. Took 500 points.^

Had to ask for a suite for a previous stay though. But it was worth it. =D
Old Nov 3, 2012, 12:09 am

Platinum guest upgrade to Chairmans Suite

Just the 2nd night in to a 5 night points stay here.
Upgraded to the best room in the house, the 2 level Chairmans Suite (Room 3488) that is spread over the 34th and 35th floors.
Wonderful points redemption SPG.
They serve a very good breakfast in the Lounge on the 3rd floor although I thought the food options (Canapes) for evening drinks were a little sparse.
A great stay already. Nothing is an issue for the Hotel to sort out.

I will post more after my stay.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 9:12 am

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Good service

Just completed a 2-night stay at Westin, but not as lucky as fellow plat aussiechris to get a Chairman's Suite. (from your time of posting, we might have check-in the same day.)

I did get a Suite though. ^
Suite is a bit dated(the sofa is showing its age, if only they used the same seating furniture as the new club lounge..), but overall no complaints, as the service was good throughout the hotel. (from the gym, to the restaurants and the club lounge especially. ^)

The new club lounge at level 3 is fantastic, nice and spacious and the lounge staff are personal, friendly and attentive. My best experience so far in Starwood.

If there is anything that I could value add here, I find it strange that both the Chinese Restaurant (5 Sen5es) and the Italian Restaurant (Prego) serves ONLY buffet lunch on Sundays. (I wanted to have some simple ala carte dishes at either restaurant after a nice breakfast at the Living Room, but it is either I go for yet another buffet, or there is no food for me.)

I thought this area could be reviewed at both restaurants, as I am sure they can accommodate some hotel guests who wants to have some simple dishes from the ala carte menu instead of having a only buffet policy on Sunday afternoons. (I skipped Sunday's lunch at the hotel as a result, as I just cannot have another buffet after a very good breakfast at the Living Room)

Overall, a great stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.