Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

GONE - Bangkok EDITION - being reflagged pre-opening

Old Feb 15, 16, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

I did a search but have found no threads about this property yet (other than a passing reference). The Marriott website has listed the opening date as "2016", I am wondering if anyone out there has any additional information on this hotel? I know that the building itself has had some delays. I have a trip scheduled in January 2017 and wondering if I should make alternate plans.

Any new information would be greatly appreciated and I will continue to update this thread if find any new information as well.
ek&sq likes this.
Old Feb 15, 16, 5:52 pm
Suspended

Good luck as I haven't seen any Bangkok property, Marriott or otherwise, actually open as originally scheduled.
Your self imposed idea of having a backup is likely a good idea.

Originally Posted by Leisuremiles View Post
I did a search but have found no threads about this property yet (other than a passing reference). The Marriott website has listed the opening date as "2016", I am wondering if anyone out there has any additional information on this hotel? I know that the building itself has had some delays. I have a trip scheduled in January 2017 and wondering if I should make alternate plans.

Any new information would be greatly appreciated and I will continue to update this thread if find any new information as well.
Old Feb 15, 16, 7:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Maybe book Park Hyatt as a backup
Old Feb 15, 16, 7:46 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
Maybe book Park Hyatt as a backup
And risk ending up sleeping on the street?
Old Mar 9, 16, 6:56 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
In the Barcelona EDITION press release, it mentions the Bangkok EDITION opening in 2017.

"Future hotels are planned for Sanya, China (2016), Bangkok (2017), Abu Dhabi (2017), Shanghai (2017), Times Square (2018), West Hollywood (2018), Reykjavik, Iceland (2018), Bali, Indonesia (2018) and Dubai (2019)."

Cheers.
Old Mar 9, 16, 4:35 pm

Programs: marriott,spg gold,aa,alaska
From information I received a couple of days ago its going to be called Queens Park Marriott. Located by the Emporium complex, close to Phrom Phong BTS. When completed early 2017 it will be Marriott's largest hotel in Asia ,approx. 1800 rooms in two towers.
Old Mar 9, 16, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by kiwimagic View Post
From information I received a couple of days ago its going to be called Queens Park Marriott. Located by the Emporium complex, close to Phrom Phong BTS. When completed early 2017 it will be Marriott's largest hotel in Asia ,approx. 1800 rooms in two towers.
That would be the Marriott, not Edition property. Two separate properties

Cheers.
Old Mar 9, 16, 7:10 pm
Suspended

Correct

The Queens Park is a refurb due to open last Q of this year while the EDITION will be a new built.

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock View Post
That would be the Marriott, not Edition property. Two separate properties

Cheers.
Old Mar 10, 16, 6:33 am

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott P, IHG P
Originally Posted by leeky View Post
Correct

The Queens Park is a refurb due to open last Q of this year while the EDITION will be a new built.
Really?! Any chance of this opening late Oct?
Old Mar 10, 16, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by nacho View Post
Really?! Any chance of this opening late Oct?
It's Thailand; probably not

Cheers.
Old Aug 31, 16, 9:27 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Update, the MaHaNakhon Tower is officially complete. Hopefully the Edition will open soon.
Old Sep 3, 16, 7:40 am
Original Poster

I have friends that have purchased a residence in the building and they have been informed that their unit will not be available for move-in before April 2017. I don't know if the Edition will be available before of after that.
Old Sep 3, 16, 9:00 am

Marriott, in its various press releases, has mentioned Edition opening in 2017. Google brings up a couple (non-Marriott) links saying opening in 2016. Given what your friends mentioned my guess is it's 2017.

Cheers.
Old Jan 11, 17, 8:36 am

A FT friend emailed me this article, which has buried in it that the EDITION will open late 2017.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news...perty/30303849

"The Bangkok Edition features 154 guestrooms, public and meeting spaces, food and beverage outlets including two signature restaurants by world renowned celebrity chefs, and Thailand’s tallest rooftop bar. The hotel is set to go into full operation late this year. "

Cheers.
Old Jan 11, 17, 9:27 am
Original Poster

My friends have lately been informed that the "firm" date for the move-in of their residence in the same building will now be early June 2017 (June 4). This date has been continually moved forward and although they continue to anticipate the actual move date, they are finding the process to be somewhat a tragic comedy.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: