Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Saddle Brook Marriott, NJ [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2019, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP

This hotel has been a Marriott hotel for a long, long time --- but doesn't appear to have its own master thread.

It's an old-style build in Bergen County. Rooms are compact by today's standards, but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the staff and some of the updates that have been made to the guest rooms (updated bathrooms with rain-style shower head, although the updated toilet appears to have an industrial style connection to the wall and is positioned at an angle.)

Arrived at 12 midnight with colleagues --- and we had warned the front desk ahead of time via the app chat function that we would be arriving late. No issues at check in, and cold bottles of water were handed out liberally. Friendly check in staff. I don't believe I received an upgrade, but given the age of the hotel I'm not sure there are a lot of suites (a 2003 stand-alone post indicated that there's at least one suite.)

Room size was smaller than a current build. Mattress was comfortable.

My group meeting was here because locals advised the out-of-town meeting organizer that the hotel was convenient for a regional meeting (and it was.) Nice meeting rooms and the food and beverage staff did a great job of providing lunch service for the meeting. High quality food, and it looked like a manager was supervising the process.

Used room service the second night of my stay (post meeting). Old-style room service with food delivered on plates and with real utensils. There are some reviews on Yelp in 2018 that talk about "go boxes" (new-style room service) but that wasn't my experience.

Concierge lounge is on the 3rd floor (three guest rooms were taken out of service to form the concierge lounge.) Very attentive employees and the scrambled eggs were not powdered (but likely from a mix of some sort). During my two day stay proteins alternated between bacon (yummy) and sausage links (good) and the carbs alternated between french toast and pancakes (didn't have either). Nice fresh fruit selection. A thumbs up from a CL perspective.

Not the best location if you're looking to walk outside (there's nothing apparently within walking distance). But for a facility to host a regional meeting in northern New Jersey, it was a great hotel.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Stayed here for a night a few years ago as it was the only place anywhere near me to use a soon to expire certificate. Turned it into a mini trip to southern New York State. Agree with your assessment. Good staff and decent condition, but nothing nearby.

Looks like the rooms are the same as when I stayed... the little red chair and leaf print carpet. Although that style is getting on in years now, it is at least a cheerful style (not the grey, grey, and more grey of new renovations).

Last edited by schriste; Jun 24, 2019 at 11:46 am
Old Dec 16, 2023, 9:37 pm

Spent three nights at the Marriott Saddle Brook in December 2023. This property shouldn't be a Marriott. It’s badly run-down and shows lack of maintenance and cleaning nearly everywhere you look. Hallways are dim and dingy. Oddly renovated room bathroom had peeling paint. The concierge room noted by others is out of service and crammed with disused furniture. I won’t stay here again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.