Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Oman Hotel (Muscat), 2017 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Oman Hotel (Muscat), 2017 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2003, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Sheraton Oman Hotel (Muscat), 2017 on [Master Thread]

I´m planning a trip to Muscat and I found out that there is a Sheraton Hotel. Looks quite nice but the starwood homepage does not give much information about the hotel. I also used the search function in this forum but it seems as nobody posted something about Muscat.

Maybe someone of you has been there... Can you recommend this hotel or are there any better ones ??? The rate for an executive room is about 100 USD per night which is much cheaper then the Al Bustan Intercont. I just wanted to relax a little bit in the sun (pool or beach club) and visit some shopping mall in the evening and have a Gin Tonic in the lounge I konow that Dubai would be a better place but I´ve been the quite often and wanted to see another country in the gulf region.

Thanks for your help !
Old Oct 1, 2005, 11:48 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Any comments on this hotel?
Old Oct 1, 2005, 4:11 pm

Programs: NH-SFC, SPG-LTP, MR-P, HH-G
I have ever stayed there at a few times.
My last stay in there was probably 2 years ago, so my information may not be up-to-date.
They have an Executive lounge (not club or Tower) and it was nice.
From the point of view of value, yes it is really nice hotel.
But seems bit old.
When I stayed in there, I used to receive a free coupon of 30 mins massage in the health club as one of SPG Platinum gift.
I have no information of pool or beach club, and shopping mall in Muscat.
Despite Muscat is one of nice place in the Gulf region, I recommend you Doha Sheraton where has a nice Club lounge, or Bahrain Sheraton.
Old May 14, 2008, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Any updates? Distance from airport and downtown? Benefits for Plats? Decription of lounge offerings?
Old May 15, 2008, 5:20 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
The hotel is closed for renovations until at least September 2009.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:45 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Looks like the web site has updated and the hotel will be close until February 28th 2010. Too bad, I was hoping it would be open for this fall as we are looking to book a trip to Muscat at that time.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:49 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
About effing time. Muscat Sheraton was a hole back in 2004/2005. The hotel nightclub was a seedy whorehouse with PRC prostitutes who looked older than I did back then. Awful just effing awful.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 6:23 pm

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
I can't believe that the hotel hasn't contacted me about our upcoming reservation I made back in March for December this year.

I only found out about the closure here on FT a couple of weeks ago and have since tried to contact the hotel twice without any result...I think it's time to ask our FT Lurkers here for help...
Old Jan 5, 2010, 2:19 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I just got an email from Sheraton Oman stating that they cannot honour my reservation for May.

The hotel is now not due to open until September 2010.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 1:50 am

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
What is going on with the Sheraton Muscat, Oman ?

This property has been closed for quite some time now.. any news on when they plan to reopen ?
Old Apr 16, 2010, 3:04 am

Programs: M&M SEN, BA
I drove by it three weeks ago and our driver said it would reopen "in a few weeks" after extensive refurbishing.
I have to say, though, it didn't look like "a few weeks" to me, more like a few months, but it should definitely be open sometimes this summer.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 8:27 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Skywards Gold
Was in Muscat last week and drove past it - it's a wreck at the moment. Originally it was down to repoen in March, then it was September 1st 2010 and now they've removed completely the reopen date from the website.

To be fair, I stayed in the Al Bustan (Intercon) and Shangri La hotels which are just up the road and both were stunning hotels, I think Sheraton have realised they need more than just a minor facelift to get business back.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 10:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
The Chedi is spectacular if you have the budget. I settled for a little guesthouse across the way. Even then, Muscat isn't a cheap place!
Old Apr 16, 2010, 8:39 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by DXBPlat
To be fair, I stayed in the Al Bustan (Intercon) and Shangri La hotels which are just up the road and both were stunning hotels, I think Sheraton have realised they need more than just a minor facelift to get business back.
The problem for the Sheraton is that it's not at the beach in fact not in a pretty area at all so hard to compete against the others.

Originally Posted by BobbySteel
The Chedi is spectacular if you have the budget. I settled for a little guesthouse across the way. Even then, Muscat isn't a cheap place!
Muscat is a good place to use points.
Old May 8, 2010, 7:29 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, 2.15 million miles; Priority Club PLT
Was hoping to stay at Sheraton Muscat while passing through on a RTW 22 Oct to 24 Oct. Looks like it might not open in time now??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.