Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Oman Hotel (Muscat), 2017 on [Master Thread]

Sheraton Oman Hotel (Muscat), 2017 on [Master Thread]

Old Mar 14, 18, 2:08 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG PLT (LT Gold), TK Gold, M&M S, BA Silver, Hyatt Dia
Thanks for the update. Out of curiosity what was the fare from the airport?
Old Mar 14, 18, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai View Post
Thanks for the update. Out of curiosity what was the fare from the airport?
OP said on the last sentence: OMR 5.
Old Mar 14, 18, 3:32 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG PLT (LT Gold), TK Gold, M&M S, BA Silver, Hyatt Dia
Originally Posted by RafKa View Post
OP said on the last sentence: OMR 5.
That was too not from. Sometimes a .monopoly from an Airport
Old Sep 10, 18, 4:28 pm

Had two stays here and very impressed. First room was a Club and was large, modern and well appointed. On the return was upgraded to a Studio Suite which was large and had great amenities. Club lounge is generous with a good evening spread and wine, beer, spirits etc. Breakfast in the main restaurant was good with the usual offerings. Staff are extremely welcoming and I would certainly return again.

if you have time whilst visiting Muscat to go to Wadi Shab I highly recommend it. You need to be fit and carry LOTS of water but a great experience.
RafKa likes this.
Old Nov 11, 18, 1:39 pm

Programs: MR Platinum, Aer Lingus GC, BA Bronze, Turkish Classic Plus
Spent 7 nights here over two stays and really liked the property.

Room : We were given a top floor room, I think it was a club room but I'm not certain. Room was spacious and had everything we needed.

Lounge: The exec lounge was good although evening hot food was repetitive. We made it for afternoon tea one day and it was really good also. Breakfast was served in the restaurant and selection was great with an awesome make to order station. ​​​​

Kids: There were no kids allowed in the lounge in the evening which seems to be pretty standard for Asia and Middle East from our experiences. The indoor pool also was adults only.

Staff are excellent and really helpful and friendly.

​​Location: we drove everywhere and parking was freely available at hotel and through Oman with exception of busy area around the souk.

We travel with our one year old and decided to base ourselves in Muscat and do day trips rather than move around although we did spend a night in the desert (would highly recommend the desert night!). Hotel was a great base and drives were easy to places like Sur, Wadi Shab, Wahiba Sands, Nizwa etc.
Old Nov 17, 18, 7:52 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Email Address

Does anyone have an email address for the property? specifically the food and beverage team? otherwise any will do?
Old Nov 17, 18, 8:42 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba View Post
Does anyone have an email address for the property? specifically the food and beverage team? otherwise any will do?

​​​​​​​Check DM
Old Jan 31, 19, 2:40 am

January 2019 - Shearton Muscat - Solo - Platinum

Sheraton Oman Hotel

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Sheraton Oman Hotel

P.O. Box 3260 Sultanate of Oman Ruwi, Sultanate of Oman, OM 112 Oman

January 2019 - Shearton Muscat - Solo - Platinum (0 Photo)

Sheraton Oman Hotel

Overall, very good.

4 nights - solo - Platinum

Check In

Quick (although it was 0330) and all Marriott benefits were described to me and choices were given.

Room

King on lounge floor, appeared to be refurbished, no issues, a mountain view (not a big deal to me).

I’d state it as ‘central’.  The corniche is a quick ride, and based on my bus tour, the beach is a quick ride.  Other items of note.  One is that there was an ‘offer’ for a day trip to the beach.  The property must have arrangements with a beachfront property.  Two is that the locals shop on Al Jamme street (directly in front of the hotel and walked towards the Lexus/Toyota sign on the high-rise building).  Legit purchases to be made vs. the touristy souk.  There is also a Walmart like center there.

Amenities

Lounge: no breakfast (all is served in the restaurant), I think it is open 24/7 for water, etc., but has a staff and open doors from 1000-2200.  Had minimal snacks during the day.  “Happy hour” was 1800-2000.  Selection of beer, wine, liquor; during happy hour appeared to be unlimited.  Food varied night to night.  On only one night, could I have made a meal if I had wanted to; the other two nights were more limited, but everything was fresh.  (There were plenty of folks making a meal, though).  Lounge has a printer. A bit of a pet peeve is that the lounge staff, and one night a hotel manager, spent considerable time chatting with some guests (and different guests each evening) and other guests, myself included, got a ‘hello’.

If you are into pools, this property looked as if it had both a fantastic indoor and outdoor pool.  And the outdoor pool was shaded, I suppose to both keep you and the water relatively cool in warmer seasons.

Service

Transportation: I used the hotel car, BMW 7l, to pick me up from the airport, 30 OMR, very expensive for a frugal guy, but I didn’t want to deal with taxis at 0300.  Return to the airport was 15 OMR, flat rate.  I used the taxis to take me to the corniche and the going rate was 4-5 OMR.

All lobby staff were very pleasant and helpful.  I did want to do a tour of some of the historical sites.  The tours offered by the hotel were flat price, I think for up to 4 people, and pricey.  The concierge arranged a private tour for about 2/3 of the price – about 8 hours – and well worth it.  (That said, note that most of the sites close at 11 AM on Fridays, which I knew in advance.)

January 2019 - Shearton Muscat - Solo - Platinum

Would you like to write a review on the Sheraton Oman Hotel?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Nov 25, 19, 3:04 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
I recently came back from the hotel and I had a disaster stay with extremely poor levels of service with no service recovery when the issues were raised with the senior management and weeks on the management are not willing to discuss the issues I faced.

I can see the benefit of staying here as it is cheaper than the other Marriott properties in town but with so many other hotels in the same price range i would recommend choosing them over this stay (such as Mysk/Crowne Plaza/Grand Hyatt) and if you need a Marriott then go for the W Muscat which is 30 percent more but significantly better.
Old Dec 15, 19, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, TK E+, AS MVPG, SPG&Marriott Plat, HHD, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AbuCordoba View Post
I recently came back from the hotel and I had a disaster stay with extremely poor levels of service with no service recovery when the issues were raised with the senior management and weeks on the management are not willing to discuss the issues I faced.

I can see the benefit of staying here as it is cheaper than the other Marriott properties in town but with so many other hotels in the same price range i would recommend choosing them over this stay (such as Mysk/Crowne Plaza/Grand Hyatt) and if you need a Marriott then go for the W Muscat which is 30 percent more but significantly better.
Most other hotels are sold out for an upcoming visit of mine. Care to share some details of your stay?
Old Sep 22, 20, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by mdbe View Post
Most other hotels are sold out for an upcoming visit of mine. Care to share some details of your stay?

Apologies I just saw this post, the hotel is primarily aimed for business customers, I was staying there with the family and the hotel and management are not aligned for Family stays and I found were inadequate to cater for families imo especially compared to other hotels in the market. Its the cheapest Marriott property in Oman and there's a reason for it. However saying that for the price and quality of the rooms its not a bad option especially if you are staying solo or need to be in the CBD area.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: