Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Montreal Downtown Hotel Canada [Master Thread]

Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Marriott press release:

http://news.marriott.com/2016/01/the...eal-opens.html

"Renaissance Montreal’s downtown location at the corner of Cathcart Street and Robert-Bourassa Boulevard makes it a natural starting point to explore Montreal. Guests feel like insiders thanks to the insight of Renaissance’s signature Navigators. These in-the-know locals guide travelers on the best Montreal has to offer, from food to music, design and nightlife.

Reservations are available online or by calling 514-657-5000, and a special “Discovery” rate of $199 CAD is available through April 23, 2016."

"Transformed for Renaissance by Groupe Daca and managed by Urgo Hotels Canada, the 142-room Renaissance Montreal captures the spirit of Wanderlust, the brand’s new global design philosophy reflecting a contemporary transformation to appeal to the next gen business traveler who seeks adventure with every business trip. Its lobby defines modernity, with unexpected surprises like street art by local artist, Alexandre Veilleux, live DJ entertainment, and tempting cocktail creations by master mixologist Lawrence Piccard. Taste buds are also wowed at East, where contemporary Pan-Asian cuisine features exotic flavors and beautiful plate presentation. Downtown Montreal’s only rooftop terrace will be the place to see and be seen. The outdoor setting on the 12th floor is heated and covered, offering panoramic views, a full bar, bistro kitchen and stainless steel plunge pool."

"The rooftop will be open for special occasions leading into spring, including Renaissance Montreal’s “Mixodiology” event for La Nuit Blanche on Feb. 27, 2016. This night of revelry is a marquee celebration during the world-famous Montreal en Lumiere festival, held Feb. 18-March 5, 2016. The hotel fete’s name is inspired by the marriage of mixology and music that will transport guests around the world. Guests and visitors will sample a series of finely crafted cocktails, each inspired by a different corner of the globe, while a DJ spins music that weaves in beats reflective of each drink’s origin. It will be a unique sensory experience of rhythm and taste."

Hotel website:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...owntown-hotel/

Sharon's notes:

Cat 7. Website doesn't show an exec lounge. However, one of the photos shows a 'business lounge'. Valet parking only (35Can) w/ in/out privileges. 22 suites.
Update: I just called the property. There is no exec lounge. Gold/Plats get cont'l brekkie in the restaurant or 750 points.

Looking at the photos, there's a long shelf that acts as a desk, has a tv at one end, space for a laptop & from the looks of it, one (maybe two) electrical outlets in the base of the lamp at the other end. Next to the bed are two shelves - no drawers. Next to the tv is a stand/box to put luggage on, with one drawer underneath it. There is a wardrobe/closet. Walk in shower.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 9:41 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Thumbs up Montreal Renaissance downtown

I just returned from a four day stay at the Renaissance. It was great. There is no concierge lounge, but as Platinum members we were given breakfast vouchers. The breakfast offerings were superb. It included a nice spread of international cheeses, mini-quiches, pastries, and smoked salmon.

The hotel is located in the heart of downtown. It's within walking distance of everything. Access to the Metro is across the street at Place Ville Marie. The lobby, hallway, and guest room furnishings were funky, friendly, sophisticated, and uber-modern. Staff was wonderful. Highly recommended.

Newman
Old Nov 1, 2016, 12:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old May 1, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: MAR Lifetime Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Spire Amb., Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Any recent reviews?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: Independent
How is the Internet at this hotel?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: AC*SE 2MM; Marriott-Plat Prem; SPG-Gold; Amex Centurion
This has become my hotel of choice in Montreal. The Marriott is a very tired hotel that is desperately in need of an update. There is a nice Courtyard but it is slightly less convenient in terms of location (and of course the Courtyard is not very generous to MR members i.e., no lounge, no breakfast, etc.).

The Renaissance is more boutique like in that it is a very small hotel. Location cannot be beat though. Staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. There is no lounge but they do provide a breakfast coupon which can be used for any a la carte menu item. They no longer do a breakfast buffet but the choices on the menu are really quite good. Also a great place to have a drink in the evening. What I like the most about this place is they consistently seem to find a way to upgrade me as a Platinum Premier member...and it keeps me coming back. The upgrade is often to a suite which is very well appointed - jsut tremendous rooms and most importantly - very quiet!. I highly recommend but book early...because it has so few rooms, they are often sold-out.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RoadWarrior60_13
This has become my hotel of choice in Montreal. The Marriott is a very tired hotel that is desperately in need of an update. There is a nice Courtyard but it is slightly less convenient in terms of location (and of course the Courtyard is not very generous to MR members i.e., no lounge, no breakfast, etc.).

The Renaissance is more boutique like in that it is a very small hotel. Location cannot be beat though. Staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. There is no lounge but they do provide a breakfast coupon which can be used for any a la carte menu item. They no longer do a breakfast buffet but the choices on the menu are really quite good. Also a great place to have a drink in the evening. What I like the most about this place is they consistently seem to find a way to upgrade me as a Platinum Premier member...and it keeps me coming back. The upgrade is often to a suite which is very well appointed - jsut tremendous rooms and most importantly - very quiet!. I highly recommend but book early...because it has so few rooms, they are often sold-out.
I agree. Great hotel!
Old Apr 12, 2018, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Newman
There is no concierge lounge, but as Platinum members we were given breakfast vouchers. The breakfast offerings were superb. It included a nice spread of international cheeses, mini-quiches, pastries, and smoked salmon.
I think as gold I'll also receive the breakfast vouchers. Is that correct? And does anyone know if I'd get this at the new AC? (I've been to the Courtyard, Delta, Westin, and Le Meridien but am thinking of trying AC or Renaissance.) Thanks.

Last edited by rrgg; Apr 12, 2018 at 1:30 pm
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Does anyone know how much daily parking is here?

And as PPE+A, what are my benefits again? 1000 points and free breakfast?
Old Jan 12, 2020, 4:55 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Currently at property as a Titanium on a 1 night stay. Not sure about their willingness to upgrade. Marriott showing following available but I was told by front desk they are sold out.....
  • 3 - Suite, 1 King, Sofa bed
  • 3 - Loft, Guest room, King, Bedroom is a loft, Sofa bed
  • 1 - 1 Bedroom Suite, 1 King, Sofa bed, City view, Whirlpool
This is vastly different than the Le Meridien or the W where they will actually upgrade you at check-in if the room is available.

Last edited by seawolf; Jan 12, 2020 at 5:05 pm
Old Jan 12, 2020, 5:43 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Tit, UA Silver
I was there last week for a 4 night stay. As a Titanium, I was upgraded to a suite without asking.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 6:25 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by lewis_m
I was there last week for a 4 night stay. As a Titanium, I was upgraded to a suite without asking.
Maybe upgrade has to be preassign by back office morning of and if you make last minute booking the front desk itself is not empowered to upgrade?
Old Jan 12, 2020, 7:43 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Tit, UA Silver
Considering there was a letter from the GM in my room to my name, they are preassigned ahead of time
Old Jan 12, 2020, 8:49 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by lewis_m
Considering there was a letter from the GM in my room to my name, they are preassigned ahead of time
Thanks. That would suggest the front desk has no power to upgrade unlike the Le Meridien or the W; both properties pre-assign upgrades as well have a front desk that can upgrade as well.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Stayed here over the July 4th weekend. Some notes:
  1. Very visually appealing throughout the hotel.
  2. Good staff interactions at all levels. Great concierge who, when the street was shut down in front of the hotel for a parade while we were waiting for our Uber, got on the phone personally with our Uber driver to negotiate a spot for us to walk to for the pick-up.
  3. Some of the fastest elevators I've experienced at any hotel I've stayed at.
  4. Got a complementary suite upgrade to a King Suite at the end of a quiet hall about halfway up. Remember that there's really not much of a view below the top floors, so if that's important, keep that in mind.
  5. We declined housekeeping for the stay, but when we needed towels or our trash emptied, someone was there within minutes.
  6. The rooftop bar was just okay with a fair view of the commercial section of downtown Montreal. Great staff - remembered our names and preferred drinks after the first night. There is a small pool in a corner of the roof, which appeared to work perfectly for families where the kids wanted to swim and the parents wanted to drink while keeping an eye on them.
  7. Got breakfast coupons for each morning (since there was no lounge) in addition to the $10 F&B credit. It was supposed to be for continental breakfast only, but the staff honored it for a full hot breakfast. They open at 6:30am 7 days/week, which was important to us as early risers.
  8. The International Jazz Festival was going on, and the hotel was less than 10 minutes walk from there. Also two indoor malls within a block with underground metro access.
seawolf likes this.

Last edited by tarheelnj; Jul 6, 2022 at 5:10 am Reason: spell check

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.