Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Ottawa or Westin Ottawa - 2004 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Ottawa or Westin Ottawa - 2004 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2014, 5:05 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
A couple more data points.........the Sheraton charges $25 for overnight parking (across the street it is free on weekends!). They also want $19.50 for breakfast. Yikes!
Old Jun 30, 2014, 1:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Aeroplan, Best Western, IHG Rewards, AAdvantage, Executive Club
If you're in Ottawa, you can also consider staying across the River at the Four Points in Gatineau. It's a short walk across the bridge back to downtown. Depends on your needs though.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpo...language=en_US
Old Jul 1, 2014, 10:25 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
"Short" walk is subjective. I've had colleagues do it.

I'd never even consider walking. Every time I've stayed there, I took the taxi back and forth.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by Braindrain
"Short" walk is subjective. I've had colleagues do it.

I'd never even consider walking. Every time I've stayed there, I took the taxi back and forth.
Agreed. Winter would be brutal. Might work for a tourist, but certainly not - with the exception of a couple federal departments across the river - for business.

Cheers,
Old Aug 7, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan SE, Marriott LTPPE
Westin Ottawa

Just complete another great stay at the Westin in Ottawa. The staff are always super friendly and i can almost be 100% assured a platinum suite upgrade during evey visit. Also another great meal at their restaurant off the lobby called the Shore Club. Best mohito i've had in awhile.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Nfldflyer
The staff are always super friendly and i can almost be 100% assured a platinum suite upgrade during evey visit.
While I agree the staff are friendly, I'm batting a <10% success rate on suite upgrades.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 3:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Elite, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, NEXUS/GE
So, if I were staying for the weekend at the Westin Ottawa, but were being cheap and didn't want to pay either the extortionate valet costs, or the mall parking lot, what would I do? The parkade at 300 Laurier seems like it's about 1 km away, which is reasonable, but are there better free options?
Old Aug 17, 2014, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by PeaSouper
So, if I were staying for the weekend at the Westin Ottawa, but were being cheap and didn't want to pay either the extortionate valet costs, or the mall parking lot, what would I do? The parkade at 300 Laurier seems like it's about 1 km away, which is reasonable, but are there better free options?
It's a bit of a captive market in that area for parking. I always use the mall lots.

Cheers,
Old Aug 19, 2014, 3:35 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
free parking in downtown Ottawa

Originally Posted by PeaSouper
On Sat & Sun, parking is free at the World Exchange Plaza (enter at NW corner of Metcalfe & Albert). From there, its a short 5 minute walk to the Westin (& the Sheraton is across the street!).
Old Mar 20, 2015, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I have 3 rooms for 3 nights at the Sheraton Ottawa in June. Hotel says lounge privileges will only be extended to my room. Is the lounge fare worth the $40/night they are asking for?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I have 3 rooms for 3 nights at the Sheraton Ottawa in June. Hotel says lounge privileges will only be extended to my room. Is the lounge fare worth the $40/night they are asking for?
Tough call. Forty bucks a night is a lot. All I can tell you the venue, service & morning/evening fare is top notch.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Is the lounge fare worth the $40/night they are asking for?
IMO, definitely not. In fact, I skip the free breakfast in the lounge and head over to Shakey's in the World Trade Center Mall (across the street) for their breakfast.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 10:32 pm

As much as I enjoy the Sheraton. 40$ per night is a bit steep for their offerings. Building next door on the same side as the Sheraton has breakfast for 4.95$ on weekdays.

I often get 2-3 rooms during my visits to the Sheraton Ottawa. My guests have never been denied lounge access. Perhaps this is a new policy?

Cleo
Old Jun 17, 2015, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by cfpmcleo
As much as I enjoy the Sheraton. 40$ per night is a bit steep for their offerings. Building next door on the same side as the Sheraton has breakfast for 4.95$ on weekdays.

I often get 2-3 rooms during my visits to the Sheraton Ottawa. My guests have never been denied lounge access. Perhaps this is a new policy?

Cleo
Happy to report that lounge access was cheerfully granted to my 3 rooms. I found the lounge offerings, particularly in the evening, to be excellent by NA standards.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:06 pm

Just had a great stay at the Ottawa Westin.

Slow elevators, but it was absolutely packed for Winterlude. (Note, the elevators at this property are a bit unusual, and even controversial. Takes some getting used to. There are no floor buttons inside. To get your elevator, you punch in your floor before you enter, and it stops when you get there - as well as some other floors punched in by others. It's controversial, because it's debatable whether it improves the service, and I heard some women express concerns about not being able to push a floor button to get out if there were on the elevator alone with someone who might be of concern to them. A really valid point, in my opinion.)

Otherwise, the service was outstanding. Wonderful location. Great brunch, albeit a tad pricey. Very happy with the quality and speed of room service. We really liked the pool/whirlpool hot tub, which was busy but still comfortable. Cost of valet parking is obscene, but for us - with a load of kids and baggage - it was worth it.

All in all a wonderful stay. Wouldn't hesitate to return and/or recommend.

Cheers,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.